Palin owns Women's Rights

You're exactly right. It's too bad so many women still don't see this movement for exactly what it is.
And exactly what is it? Us fighting for our rights? or us leaving the kitchen?

Both. And the right to be in the kitchen if that's what a woman wants. It's about making our own choices for what's right for us, individually. If some women see Palin as a role model, I don't personally understand it but more power to them. If they see Hillary as one, good for them. If they have no role models but their own mothers, sisters, grandmothers, aunts, neighbors....maybe that's the best. It's all about having the power to make that choice.

Do we tell men they have to follow one "leader" to tell them what's right for them? Of course not.

Somebody wrote that article without knowing a damn thing about stuff like the Mommy Wars. :rolleyes:

Like there ever could or should be one single voice for Womens' Rights. :lol:

There is no one "Womens' Movement". There is no one vision of what "Womens' Rights" should look like, or what our role should be, or what exactly constitutes "feminism". What on Earth makes anybody think that just because we all have ovaries all women will agree on one set definition and follow one woman as a standard bearer? Or that any standard bearer should even be a politician?

Sorry Lumpy, but what a silly article. Women aren't sheep.

I think Political Chic pretty well rested the case...

As far as women being sheep.. I don't recall making that kind of comment.. interesting that you should bring that up though..
Sure she did. :rofl:

She tried to call us totalitarian, when coming out in support of someone who wants to tell people who they can marry, and what they should with their body. PC also like McCarthy. So excuse me I have a problem with someone who likes McCarthy talking about totalitarianism. She thinks the government should fire based on your political beliefs.
PC didn't prove anything, and she didn't make her case.

There is no one "Womens' Movement". There is no one vision of what "Womens' Rights" should look like, or what our role should be, or what exactly constitutes "feminism". What on Earth makes anybody think that just because we all have ovaries all women will agree on one set definition and follow one woman as a standard bearer? Or that any standard bearer should even be a politician?

As far as women being sheep.. I don't recall making that kind of comment.. interesting that you should bring that up though..

If you like Palin, you are a sheep. :lol:

A hundred years ago, American conservatives were fighting those who were trying to get women the right to vote.

Conservative contempt for 'feminism' is hardly new.

That's the implication, isn't it? That Palin will "own" Womens' Rights and women will all fall in line behind her like some mindless herd? Puh-leeze. Women will do, think, say and of course vote for what they believe is in their and their loved ones' best interests. And that's going to be an individual, personal determination. Nothing happens en masse with any group as large and diverse as the female half of the species. Nor should it.

Sorry Lumpy, but it wouldn't matter who they named in that article - the entire premise is false.

People have a more favorable view about Hillary Clinton now most likely because she dissapeared 2 years ago. You hardly hear anything about her since she became secretary of state. Its out of site out of mind. You hear her name and you can have a favorable opinion of her because you dont hear anything about her good or bad. Palin on the other hand is scrutized by every media source, except fox news of course, day in and day out. So to be fair if Hillary had to be in the public limelight more her favorable ratings would fall fast. Thats just my opinion though.

PC rested nothing.. she just spoke to your echo chamber.

and let me give you a hint... mccain put the tweeting twit on the ticket because he thought she'd attract disaffected hillary voters.

but women weren't and aren't that stupid.

Last edited:
AP-Gfk polls August 16th

Favorable view of Palin - 41%

Favorable view of Hillary Clinton - 65%

...and...

CBSnews poll August 20th

Favorable view of Palin - 23%

Congress Approval Rating at lowest since the 70s at 11%

http://politisite.com/2010/07/22/congress-approval-rating-at-lowest-since-the-70s-at-11/

If you trust polls.. sheez .. you must be worried...:eusa_doh:

Wow, you lowered the bar pretty quick there. We went from Palin owns women's rights to Palin is slightly less repugnant than Congress.

lol

Let me point just out that it's not necessarily the polls but the Palin effect...and yes, I would agree that the Democrat controlled Congress is indeed repugnant and in great need of change.

The rise of the conservative womens movement may be an opportunity for you to belittle and stifle women that you don't agree with (granted you have the support of the Ladies of the Left) but I believe it's becoming a movement you will have to contend with..

--------------:eusa_whistle:

A record 140 women have competed in Republican primaries for the House of Representatives and the Senate this year, almost double the number in 2008. Once the primaries are completed in mid-September, the final tally of female candidates is also set to exceed previous levels, according to party officials.

Mrs Palin and others, like Michele Bachmann and Marsha Blackburn, both relative newcomers to the House of Representatives, have provided role models for conservative women that didn't use to exist, she said.

Sarah Palin effect sees record number of women stand as Republican candidates - Telegraph

Last edited:

and let me give you a hint... mccain put the tweeting twit on the ticket because he thought she'd attract disaffected hillary voters.

I fully appreciate the diversity of women and I accept that they all come to their perspectives from simply living their lives. Sounds to me that the conservative womens perspective has no value to you. Perhaps.. I'm wrong and it's simply that Palin personally deserves your scorn.

I fully appreciate the diversity of women and I accept that they all come to their perspectives from simply living their lives. Sounds to me that the conservative womens perspective has no value to you. Perhaps.. I'm wrong and it's simply that Palin personally deserves your scorn.
If she speaks to certain women that is great, but don't pretend she speaks to every woman. If she did she would never roll her eyes at a teacher.

If she speaks to certain women that is great, but don't pretend she speaks to every woman. If she did she would never roll her eyes at a teacher.

Okay Dear .. I promise.... I wont pretend that...:eusa_angel:

Congress Approval Rating at lowest since the 70s at 11%

http://politisite.com/2010/07/22/congress-approval-rating-at-lowest-since-the-70s-at-11/

If you trust polls.. sheez .. you must be worried...:eusa_doh:

Wow, you lowered the bar pretty quick there. We went from Palin owns women's rights to Palin is slightly less repugnant than Congress.

lol

Let me point just out that it's not necessarily the polls but the Palin effect...and yes, I would agree that the Democrat controlled Congress is indeed repugnant and in great need of change.

The rise of the conservative womens movement may be an opportunity for you to belittle and stifle women that you don't agree with (granted you have the support of the Ladies of the Left) but I believe it's becoming a movement you will have to contend with..

A record 140 women have competed in Republican primaries for the House of Representatives and the Senate this year, almost double the number in 2008. Once the primaries are completed in mid-September, the final tally of female candidates is also set to exceed previous levels, according to party officials.

Mrs Palin and others, like Michele Bachmann and Marsha Blackburn, both relative newcomers to the House of Representatives, have provided role models for conservative women that didn't use to exist, she said.

Sarah Palin effect sees record number of women stand as Republican candidates - Telegraph

There is no conservative feminism. It's conservatism. Some men are conservatives, some women are conservatives. But there is no conservative feminism.

That's the implication, isn't it? That Palin will "own" Womens' Rights and women will all fall in line behind her like some mindless herd? Puh-leeze. Women will do, think, say and of course vote for what they believe is in their and their loved ones' best interests. And that's going to be an individual, personal determination. Nothing happens en masse with any group as large and diverse as the female half of the species. Nor should it.

Sorry Lumpy, but it wouldn't matter who they named in that article - the entire premise is false.

I just love your imagination Buttercup..

Who in their right mind would consider that all women would just fall into line as a mindless herd, where's the fun in that?..The rest of your post I agree with...

lol

There is no conservative feminism. It's conservatism. Some men are conservatives, some women are conservatives. But there is no conservative feminism.

Well. I suppose you had to say something...:doubt:

Who in their right mind would consider that all women would just fall into line as a mindless herd, where's the fun in that?..The rest of your post I agree with...

Then you might want to rethink your thread title and the opening of your OP, sweetness. ;)

The whole point is no one woman "owns" or will ever "own" these issues. Nor will one woman ever "lead" such a diverse "movement". You might want to pick a finer brush next time.

With no popular leftist women possessing any charisma whatever, it's inevitable that Palin, the reigning Queen of Charisma, will become the voice of Women's Rights in the near future. The leftist fear will be realized and their shrill voices will be just a whored memories.

This article was interesting...........:lol:

Hard on the heels of Sarah Palin’s stellar speech (and we assure the readers that our juxtaposition of the words words “Hard on”, “heels”, and “Sarah Palin” is purely coincidental) at yesterday’s D.C. rally, Feministas Anna Holmes and Rebecca Traister have published an Op-ed in today’s New York Times bemoaning the left’s lack of a similar charismatic female leader. It is a stunning admission of political failure, or it would be if they were talking about anything other than Feminism, which hasn’t chalked up a single genuine victory since the 70′s.

Palin is a political Dreadnought – she’s withstood two years of constant assault from the left and yet refuses to sink. Libs have thrown their entire arsenal at her but she continues on, even picking up speed. She’s now on the verge of appropriating one of their most cherished issues – Women’s Rights – and it’s driving them crazy.

Liberals Now Want Their Own Sarah Palin? | ConstitutionClub.org

Sorry, friend Lumpy, but the possibilty of Governor Palin being acceptable to those self-identified as 'feminists' is unsalable.

1. Feminism in the commonly accepted cultural parlance is far left wing, and a wholly owned subsidiary of the Democrat Party.

2. Radical Feminists refuse to recognize the accomplishments of conservative women. Jeane Kirkpatrick, Margaret Thatcher, Sarah Palin, none could be recognized or honored. Apparently there are men, women, and people who might otherwise have qualified as women but have chosen to be Republicans instead.

3. To be acceptable, Palin whole have to redesigned...The result must of course be anti-bourgeois, anti-capitalist, anti-family, anti- religion, and anti-intellectual.

4. Logical as it seems that women should be prepared for events such as divorce and widowhood, marriage and family may reduce opportunities for outside work or education. But the solution, according to Simone de Beauvoir in an interview with Betty Friedan is “No woman should be authorized to stay at home and raise her children. Society should be totally different. Women should not have that choice precisely because if there is such a choice, too many women will make that one.” “Sex, Society, and the Female Dilemma,” Saturday Review, June 14, 1975, p. 18.

a. Like all totalitarian movements, the goal is not to give more freedom, but to take away choice. This view, of course, would be anthema to Governor Palin's conservativism.

Palin is definitely anti-intellectual.:muahaha:

Then you might want to rethink your thread title and the opening of your OP, sweetness. ;)

The whole point is no one woman "owns" or will ever "own" these issues. Nor will one woman ever "lead" such a diverse "movement". You might want to pick a finer brush next time.

From experience.. the only right answer is .. Yes Dear...:eusa_angel:

But alas ... consider my dilemma.. limited space for a title and the fact that Sarah Palin is the only women around with the charisma to lead on this issue. Obviously, her conservatism bugs the ladies to the left but there is a growing movement that may become quite significant for many women, the signs are there.

Last edited:

Sure she did. :rofl:

She tried to call us totalitarian, when coming out in support of someone who wants to tell people who they can marry, and what they should with their body. PC also like McCarthy. So excuse me I have a problem with someone who likes McCarthy talking about totalitarianism. She thinks the government should fire based on your political beliefs.
PC didn't prove anything, and she didn't make her case.

When the left throws up McCarthy.. I choke on Pelosi...

With no popular leftist women possessing any charisma whatever, it's inevitable that Palin, the reigning Queen of Charisma, will become the voice of Women's Rights in the near future. The leftist fear will be realized and their shrill voices will be just a whored memories.

This article was interesting...........:lol:

Hard on the heels of Sarah Palin’s stellar speech (and we assure the readers that our juxtaposition of the words words “Hard on”, “heels”, and “Sarah Palin” is purely coincidental) at yesterday’s D.C. rally, Feministas Anna Holmes and Rebecca Traister have published an Op-ed in today’s New York Times bemoaning the left’s lack of a similar charismatic female leader. It is a stunning admission of political failure, or it would be if they were talking about anything other than Feminism, which hasn’t chalked up a single genuine victory since the 70′s.

Palin is a political Dreadnought – she’s withstood two years of constant assault from the left and yet refuses to sink. Libs have thrown their entire arsenal at her but she continues on, even picking up speed. She’s now on the verge of appropriating one of their most cherished issues – Women’s Rights – and it’s driving them crazy.

Liberals Now Want Their Own Sarah Palin? | ConstitutionClub.org

I keep wondering when Sarah is finally going to come out of the closet and announce that she's a lesbian.

From experience.. the only right answer is .. Yes Dear...:eusa_angel:

But alas ... consider my dilemma.. limited space for a title and the fact that Sarah Palin is the only women around with the charisma to lead on this issue. Obviously, her conservatism bugs the ladies to the left but there is a growing movement that may become quite significant for many women, the signs are there.

Trust me, Lumpy - it's not necessarily her conservatism that bugs the ladies on the left, or the middle or many on the right for that matter. :lol:

Actually if I were forced to choose one political role model for "Women" whom I greatly admire it would be one whose politics are slanted to the right. The qualities I admire in her have nothing to do with politics and everything to do with ability and character. But I don't think that's necessary or even desirable, having one charismatic "Leader" of a single "Movement" is so 30 years ago.

The whole idea of "feminism" has moved on to two whole new generations since then, and is so far beyond where people like you and PC (and a few of your counterparts on the extreme left who still cling to the 60's culture wars) are mired in it I'm afraid it's probably impossible for y'all to understand what I'm talking about. But it's fascinating to see what you think we believe, and why. ;)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back