Marijuana Heals Cancer

Discussion in 'Health and Lifestyle' started by eots, Aug 29, 2010.

1. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,606
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVS9QIzTT7k&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Marijuana Heals Cancer ...Cannabinoid Receptors In The Human Body[/ame]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Colin

Colin Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,660
    Am I surprised that the 'legalise cannabis' lobby would falsely raise the hopes of cancer sufferers to satisfy their own personal habits. Fucking turds!

3. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,606
    not to mention those evil broccoli lobby bastards...fuckturd

Maximizing The Anti-Cancer Power Of Broccoli
    ScienceDaily (Apr. 5, 2005) — University of Illinois researcher Elizabeth Jeffery has learned how to maximize the cancer-fighting power of broccoli. It involves heating broccoli just enough to eliminate a sulfur-grabbing protein, but not enough to stop the plant from releasing an important cancer-fighting compound called sulforaphane.

Maximizing The Anti-Cancer Power Of Broccoli

4. Sheldon

Sheldon Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,330
    I think the herb is, or could be, used to lessen the negative effects of cancer treatment. THC creates an appetite that is usually missing during chemotherapy, and can also reduce the nausea. That in and of itself is reason enough for the DEA to remove it from Schedule 1, at the least. But they don't, for whatever fucking reason.

As far as actually reducing or even slowing the growth of cancerous cells, my hopes are low.

Where was he in the beginning, where he said it could be the origin of cannabis becoming psycho-active?

5. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,485
    Weed kept my dad alive for an extra year beyond his prognosis after being diagnosed with terminal cancer. It kept him eating while the cancer ate him. It kept him calm and placid and lessened the physical pain involved.

I don't need to see scientific data, I saw the positives with my own 2 eyes.

6. Colin

Colin Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,660
    The claim being made in the op is that it HEALS cancer. It doesn't.

7. johnrocks

johnrocks Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +279
    I'm no scientist so I have my doubts but if it can make a person's life one degree more bearable where they have such a dreadful disease then far be it for me to oppose them this relief.

8. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,606
    oh really doctor colin and you did your studies where ?

THC (marijuana) helps cure cancer says Harvard study

Believe it or not, a Harvard study released on April 17, 2007 shows that the active ingredient in marijuana, THC, cuts tumor growth in common lung cancer in half and significantly reduces the ability of the cancer to spread!

Researchers at Harvard tested the chemical THC in both lab and mouse studies. They say this is the first set of experiments to show that the compound, THC actually activates naturally produced receptors to fight off lung cancer. The researchers suggest that THC or other designer agents that activate these receptors might be used in a targeted fashion to treat lung cancer.

Although a medical substitute of THC, known as Marinol, has been used as an appetite stimulant for cancer patients and other similar treatments, few studies have shown that THC might have anti-tumor activity.

*HERE IS THE INTERESTING PART* The only clinical trial testing THC as a treatment against cancer growth was a recently completed British pilot study. For three weeks, researchers injected standard doses of THC into mice that had been implanted with human lung cancer cells, and found that tumors were reduced in size and weight by about 50 percent in treated animals compared to a control group. There was also about a 60 percent reduction in cancer lesions on the lungs in these mice as well as a significant reduction in protein markers associated with cancer progression.

THC (marijuana) helps cure cancer says Harvard study | NowPublic News Coverage

Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
  9. eagleseven

eagleseven Quod Erat Demonstrandum

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,255
    I don't think stoning yourself until you believe the Conspiracy Subforum counts...

:lol:

10. frazzledgear

frazzledgear Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +541