Palin Book Goes Platinum

"They're obsessed with trying to discredit her," said Adrienne Ross, New York state organizer for the 2012 Draft Sarah Committee. "Because she's a conservative woman, they make fun of her accent, comment about her looks. She doesn't come in the package they want her to come in."

AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check' - FOXNews.com

How pathetic. To be discredited you need to have some sort of reputation or credit in the first place. Neither of which Sarah Palin even has. :lol:

I could care less about her accent, Conservative men drool over her looks, and I could care less about the fact she's a woman.

If a guy came forth with the same views as her, he'd be batshit insane too.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallowsis currently [2007] the fastest selling book on the market. At the peak of its sales (first 24 hours) it sold 20 books per second worldwide. Beating the previous fastest selling book, which happened to be its predecessor Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix. The 5th Potter book had a peak sales record of 8 per second.

Number of languages into which the Harry Potter books have been translated: 65

Number of books in the series sold worldwide: more than 325 million and counting (pre-Deathly Hallows figure)

Well then, maybe you should get off of the political boards and read Harry Potter. It seems that fantasy is where your brain is at and reality never really sinks in.:lol:

When the bitch sends me a $35.00 check to read the book then maybe I will read her book, but but right now I don't have time, what with REAL issues in the big world, to waste on a whiny twat that was too unconscious to keep her child focused as well as protected.

Make that fifty ($50.00)...

and BTW, when did you get to be the board police, LOL...

Hmmmmmmmmmm, you have the time to be on usmb posting mindless posts, you should try to educate yourself before you do so. A good start would be to ACTUALLY read the book before you REPORTED on it. Maybe the rest of the libs on this thread will get together and scrape the money together for you to buy one, then maybe after one of you stumbles through it you can pass it to the other to read orrrrrrrrrrr attempt to read.:lol:

CONGRATULATIONS----You have just won a first place membership into ( The Nit Wit Liberal Loon Nut Club) please submit a recent photo of yourself so we can ALL see what "stupid" looks like.:lol::lol:

"They're obsessed with trying to discredit her," said Adrienne Ross, New York state organizer for the 2012 Draft Sarah Committee. "Because she's a conservative woman, they make fun of her accent, comment about her looks. She doesn't come in the package they want her to come in."

AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check' - FOXNews.com

How pathetic. To be discredited you need to have some sort of reputation or credit in the first place. Neither of which Sarah Palin even has. :lol:

I could care less about her accent, Conservative men drool over her looks, and I could care less about the fact she's a woman.

If a guy came forth with the same views as her, he'd be batshit insane too.

How would you possibly know what her views are????? You have not read the book. Do you have a CRYSTAL ball??? Or did you read them in the National Inquirer??

Well then, maybe you should get off of the political boards and read Harry Potter. It seems that fantasy is where your brain is at and reality never really sinks in.:lol

Seems to me she was comparing one fantasy novel to another. :eusa_whistle:

Maple is too slow to get something like that, LOL...

Helloooooooooooooooooo, I just posted this link, you do know to click on the link, right???? Who's sloooooooooooooooooooow. lol
I don't think these 11 associated press journalists fact checked Harry Potter.:lol::lol:

AP spokesman Paul Colford said the organization, with more than 4,000 employees, and 49 Pulitzer Prizes earned for asking the hard questions, has the luxury of putting multiple reporters on major stories. He confirmed 11 people worked on the story, but not all full-time. He refused to say, however, if similar number of journalists were assigned to review other political books, or if Palin has been treated differently.

"One byline appeared on AP's Fact Check. Others at AP with knowledge of specific areas covered in the book contributed in varying degrees to preparing the Fact Check quickly on Friday," his statement read.

Reviewing books and holding public figures accountable is at the core of good journalism, but the treatment Palin's book received appears to be something new for the AP. The organization did not review for accuracy recent books by the late Sen. Ted Kennedy, then-Sen. Joe Biden, either book by Barack Obama released before he was president or autobiographies by Bill or Hillary Clinton. The AP did more traditional news stories on those books

Last edited:
How would you possibly know what her views are????? You have not read the book. Do you have a CRYSTAL ball??? Or did you read them in the National Inquirer??

It's funny you did not mention the 2008 elections. Since, you know, we knew nothing about a woman who was a old man's heartbeat away from the Presidency. (Same guy who's had cancer multiple times and would of took on the most stressful job in the world.)

It's statements like these that make me question her fitness to be the President:

"Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what is right. Also, for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending [US soldiers] out on a task that is from God. That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that that plan is God's plan."

"I think God's will has to be done in unifying people and companies to get that gas line built"

"God has sent me, from underneath the umbrella of this church, throughout the state."

She's for Creationism being taught in Public Schools. She opposes Abortion including in cases of rape AND incest. She's for denying benefits to same-sex couples, and supports a Federal Amendment to ban Gay Marriage.

She's opposed to decriminalizing Marijuana. She drove the city of Wasilla to bankruptcy. (Fiscal Conservative my ass.)

She was an Earmark Queen while in office. She purported the Death Panels lie. She's for drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.

She also supports Israeli settlements in Palestinian territories, which goes against the policy of every U.S. President for over the past forty years.

That's more than enough for me to not vote for Palin.

It's funny you did not mention the 2008 elections. Since, you know, we knew nothing about a woman who was a old man's heartbeat away from the Presidency. (Same guy who's had cancer multiple times and would of took on the most stressful job in the world.)

It's statements like these that make me question her fitness to be the President:

"Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what is right. Also, for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending [US soldiers] out on a task that is from God. That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that that plan is God's plan."

"I think God's will has to be done in unifying people and companies to get that gas line built"

"God has sent me, from underneath the umbrella of this church, throughout the state."

She's for Creationism being taught in Public Schools. She opposes Abortion including in cases of rape AND incest. She's for denying benefits to same-sex couples, and supports a Federal Amendment to ban Gay Marriage.

She's opposed to decriminalizing Marijuana. She drove the city of Wasilla to bankruptcy. (Fiscal Conservative my ass.)

She was an Earmark Queen while in office. She purported the Death Panels lie. She's for drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.

She also supports Israeli settlements in Palestinian territories, which goes against the policy of every U.S. President for over the past forty years.

funny how the Left made everyone believe the election was between Obama and Palin. and funny how you never say anything about how BIDEN is a heartbeat away. If he isn't assassination insurance, I don't know who would be.

recycled:

AS TOILET PAPER, LOL

I would imagine that any book that you are capable of reading would just frustrate you and that you would end up wiping your ass with it.:cuckoo:

Try reading your own statement out loud. Listen to how stupid it sounds, LOL...

I think it's pretty discriptive of you.:lol::lol::lol: Wiping your ass with a book, how else would YOU use a book.:lol: You obviously don't read.:lol: Unless, of course, it's Harry Potter. LOL

funny how the Left made everyone believe the election was between Obama and Palin. and funny how you never say anything about how BIDEN is a heartbeat away. If he isn't assassination insurance, I don't know who would be.

Historically, look any President who entered office for a four year term and assess their health after the four years. The Palin factor was crucial to look at, considering there was a high possibility that she could become President.

McCain wasn't exactly the most healthy guy either.

And I can tell you who was assassination insurance: Dan Quayle. :eusa_whistle:

Well then, maybe you should get off of the political boards and read Harry Potter. It seems that fantasy is where your brain is at and reality never really sinks in.:lol:

When the bitch sends me a $35.00 check to read the book then maybe I will read her book, but but right now I don't have time, what with REAL issues in the big world, to waste on a whiny twat that was too unconscious to keep her child focused as well as protected.

Hmmmmmmmmmm, you have the time to be on usmb posting mindless posts, you should try to educate yourself before you do so. A good start would be to ACTUALLY read the book before you REPORTED on it. Maybe the rest of the libs on this thread will get together and scrape the money together for you to buy one, then maybe after one of you stumbles through it you can pass it to the other to read orrrrrrrrrrr attempt to read.:lol:

CONGRATULATIONS----You have just won a first place membership into ( The Nit Wit Liberal Loon Nut Club) please submit a recent photo of yourself so we can ALL see what "stupid" looks like.:lol::lol:

I didn't report on the BOOK you stupid twat, I commented on sales numbers, and what it would be good for when folks get bored and move on.

and

I am on the board and WHO is hanging on my every word, why it's MAPLE, LMAO at the irony of it all...

Historically, look any President who entered office for a four year term and assess their health after the four years. The Palin factor was crucial to look at, considering there was a high possibility that she could become President.

McCain wasn't exactly the most healthy guy either.

And I can tell you who was assassination insurance: Dan Quayle. :eusa_whistle:

Yes he was. and the term was in face invented by Lee Atwater, Bush's campaign mgr.
McCain's mother is 94.
Biden is dangerous. Imagine if he were PRESIDENT saying he wouldn't let his family fly because of the swine flu.

It appears to me that you are anti-God, that's too bad-God loves you. Palin is a Christian and she will not apologize for her convictions. At least she has convictions unlike your guy that is an empty vessel blowing to and fro with the wind and has become a Pelosi Reid puppet.

This is a good e-mail that she printed in her book on pages 405-408 from and Alaskan constituent. Keep in mind that the Associated Press sent out 11 journalists to fact check her book. They sent none out to fact check Obama's two books.

A few of her accomplishments as Governor.

A View From Alaska: By Dewey Whetsell

" The last forty-five of my sixty-six years I've spent in a commercial fishing town in Alaska. I understand Alaska politics but never understood national politics well until this last year. Here's the breaking point: Neither side of the Palin controversy gets it. It's not about persona, style, rhetoric, it's about doing things. Even Palin supporters never mention the things that I'm about to mention here."

1. Democrats forget when Palin was the Darling of the Democrats, because as soon as Palin took the governor's office away from a fellow Republican and tough SOB, Frank Murkowski, she tore into the Republicans' Corrupt Bastards Club. (CBC) and sent it packing. Many of it's members are now residing in state housing and wearing orange jumpsuits. The Democrats reacted by skipping around the yard, throwing confetti, and singing " La la la la" ( well, you know how they are). Name another governor in this country who has ever done anything similar. But while you're thinking, I'll continue."

2. Now, with the CBC gone, there were fewer Alaska politicians to protect the giant oil companies here. So Palin constructed and enacted a new system of splitting the oil profits called "ACES." ExxonMobil ( the biggest corporation in the world) protested, and Sarah told it, " Don't let the door hit you in the stern on your way out." It stayed, and Alaska residents went from being merely wealthy to being filthy rich. Of course, the other huge international oil companies fell meekly into line. Again, give the name of any other governor in the country who has done anything similar.

3. The other thing she did when she walked into the governor's office is that she got the list of state requests for federal funding for projects known as "pork." She went through the list, took 85 percent of them out, and placed them in the " when-hell-freezes-over" stack. She let locals know that if we need something built, we'll pay for it ourselves. Maybe she figured she could use the money she got from selling the previous governor's jet because it was extravagant. Maybe she could use the money she saved by dismissing the governor's cook ( remarking that she could cook for her own family), giving back the state vehicle issued to her ( maintaining that she already had a car) and dismissing her state-provided security force ( never mentioning--I imagine--that she was packing heat herself.) I'm still waiting to hear the names of those other governors.

4. Even with her much-ridiculed " gosh and golly" manerisms, she managed to put together a totally new approach to getting a natural gas pipeline built that will be the biggest private construction project in the history of North America. No one else could do it even if they tried. If that doesn't impress you, you're trying too hard to be unimpressed while watching her do things like this while baking up a batch of brownies with her other hand.

5. For thirty years, Exxon held a lease to do exploratory drilling at a place called Point Thomson. It made excuses the entire time for why it couldn't start drilling. In truth it was holding it as an investment. No governor for thirty years could make it get started. This summer, she told Exxon she was revoking it's lease and kicking it out. It protested and threatened court action. She shrugged and reminded them that she knew the way to the courthouse. Alaska won again.

6. President Obama wants the nation to be on 25 percent renewable resources for electricity by 2025. Sarah went to the legislature and submitted her plan for Alaska to be at 50 percent renewable by 2025. We are already at 25 percent. I can give you more specifics about things done, as opposed to style and persona. Everbody wants to be cool, sound cool, look cool. But that's just a cover-up.

I am still waiting to hear from liberals the names of other governors who can match what mine has done in two and a half years. I won't be holding my breath."

Maple
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Maple
Send email to Maple
Find all posts by Maple
Add Maple to Your Contacts

#12 (permalink) 11-23-2009, 10:47 AM

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

That's a good one, assassination insurance.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I didn't report on the BOOK you stupid twat, I commented on sales numbers, and what it would be good for when folks get bored and move on.

and

I am on the board and WHO is hanging on my every word, why it's MAPLE, LMAO at the irony of it all...

Well, it was not me that wanted to turn a book that I have not yet read into ass wiping material. It was yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooou.:lol:

...And I can tell you who was assassination insurance: Dan Quayle. :eusa_whistle:

Funny thing, I never much cared for old Dan, but I have seen him in some interviews of the last few years and I have to say, I think he got a bum rap. From everything I've seen of him recently, he's a pretty smart guy. I may not agree with him much, but he's no slouch. God damned potatoes...

Maple: Go suck a mukluk! LOL.....

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.

" A lie get halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to put it's pants on." Winston Churchill

Palin's book puts the facts and the truth forth, because there are many lies that have gotten halfway around the world on her. Now with her book the "truth" is getting it's pants on.

" Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." Martin Luther King Jr.

Ignorance is dangerous, people voted ignorantly for a man who was a former community organizor, a state legislator and spent all of 150 days in the U.S senate. He had ABSOLUTELY no executive experience. He ran nothing, he made no decisions, he did not implement or start anything in these offices. He was part of a pack, a small cog in the wheel. He accomplished nothing, yet mesmerized people with his smooth teleprompter reading and you libs fell for it hook line and sinker and voted him in. Now we are all paying for that hope and change and most of us know that by the time he is through change is all were are going to have left. Pocket change that is.

Conscientious stupidity= your inability to know fact from fiction and beleive fiction over fact no matter how many times the FACT is pointed out to you.

I can't imagine that anyone of you liberals would see yourselves in any of these quotes, it would be too much to bare for those la la land brains of yours.

That death panel thing is no lie, read the bills. They are already talking about rationing with age limits being raised on mamograms from 40 to 50, it will not just be the elderly that will be effected it will be younger people also.

From her book Page 273 " Going Rogue."

Katie then moved on to ANWR. " Experts say it will take almost twenty years... to acheive peak production," she said. " And it would still only cut foreign oil dependency by about two percent and only for a little while... so is it really worth... the risk?

I replied that I didn't know which experts those were. But I explained that as the chair of the AOGCC and IOGCC, I knew from the geologists and petroleum engineers with whom I had worked that it could be done a lot quicker. I also pointed out that ANWR is a 2,000 acre plot that's in the midst of 21 million acres. Americans needed to know how unconscionable it is that anti-development radicals use ANWR as their fund-raising poster child. They use bogus Photoshopped pictures showing mountains and waterfalls and lush forests with Bambi prancing to and fro. That's all fake and these fund-raisers know it. It is an absolutely barren, permanently froze, remote sliver of land that requires a minimal drilling footprint, and it's development parameters are equivalent to the size of L.S's airport. But neither Katie's question nor my answer wound up on the air.

The above must be what you were talking about drilling in the forest for oil?? It's a frozen tundra.

Wasilla accounts, Bankrupt????? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Page 78 of her book--"Going Rogue"

At times I felt like the mayor of Peyton Place. In spite of that, I loved my job and I loved my town-- I"ve always beens so proud of the Valley. I couldn't wait to push forward with more of my campaign promises. I cut taxes-- lots of them. I eliminated small businesss inventory taxes, I got rid of personl property taxes, I gave the boot to burdensome things like business license renewal fees, and I cut the real property tax mil levy every year I was in office. I worked to pass these cuts with a new goup of conscientious, conservative council members who worked with me to develop the city's infrastructure. We had our share of debates, but all of us ultimately shared the same vision for Wasilla.

In the mid-1990s, many of the city's main roads were still made of dirt. Even the runway at the municipal airport was gravel. I knew businesses--and thus jobs-- wouldn't locate in Wasilla if the tools weren't there for the private sector to grow and thrive. So, in an effort to attract businesses, we built and paved roads, and extended water and sewer lines. Within a few years, established mom-and-pops were growing, new ones sprang up, and stores like Fred Meyer, a Wal-Mart Superstore, and other national chains opened their doors in our city.

In 2002, we put a city bond measure before the voters that would fund construction of a multiuse sports center. Voters approved it and the half-cent sales tax to pay for it, and we broke ground on this project, which for decades had only been a dream for Valley residents. The arena was named after our good friend Curtis Menard, Jr. The year before, Curits Jr. was piloting family members back and forth between a Cook Inlet sport-fishing site when his small plane went down, and our dear friend was killed at age thrity-six. The community felt honored to name the arena after such an enthusiastic and generous soul.

As a result of our common sense conservative efforts, Wasilla became a booming, bustling town-- the fastest-growing area in the state, and an independent financial auditor ( Mikunda, Cottrell &Co.) reported that Wasilla was " the envy of other Alaskan cities."

I am getting quite tired of debunking you libs, by typing out the facts that are clearly written in her book. Keep in mind that this book has been fact checked by 11 different associated press journalists and I have already supplied that link on earlier posts. So don't go and post that these writings are all lies or I will have to embarrass you yet again.

DOGBERT DID YOU READ THE ABOVE POST TYPED ACCURATELY AND RIGHT OUT OF HER BOOK "GOING ROGUE" I would hardly call Wasilla bankrupt. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

Last edited:

Forum List

Back