Palin Book Goes Platinum

Only you could consider that a score. It's common knowledge that Palin had a ghostwriter. At least she made it public, rather than lying about it.

Care you read there? Look at Maple's post, he thinks Sawwah didn't have one.

For 2 weeks straight they advertised on the tv that the book was being sold by newsmax I believe, for just $4.95 cents...less than what a paperback book costs!

Why would the price of it drop so much? down from $20 bucks, I had thought???

Mass produced copies that's nobody buying. I went into Borders this past weekend, they had both hers and Beck's book for like 40% off. The shelves were lined with copies.

For 2 weeks straight they advertised on the tv that the book was being sold by newsmax I believe, for just $4.95 cents...less than what a paperback book costs!

Mass produced copies that's nobody buying. I went into Borders this past weekend, they had both hers and Beck's book for like 40% off. The shelves were lined with copies.

That's due to the economy, Dog, not necessarily because they aren't selling. Beck's book topped the NYT best sellers list for months. You should read it - it's really good. And... he writes his own books.

That's due to the economy, Dog, not necessarily because they aren't selling. Beck's book topped the NYT best sellers list for months. You should read it - it's really good. And... he writes his own books.

It has to do with the economy in part. However, the economy isn't to blame completely.

It has a lot to do with supply and demand. If they produce too many books and not enough people buy, they're going to have a lot of product left over.

Someone's been listening to Rush lol.

I've never listened to Rush. Saw him on the tube once. I was just quoting from the OP, which was from the AP. ;)

I guess Rush was quoting AP then too; that is pretty much word for word what he said (same order, even). Not surprised he didn't attribute the source.

Oh good grief. If it was pretty much word for word and in the same order, then that will be because they were both quoting directly from the original press release from the publisher.

God almighty, I did not realize that so many people appear to have absolutely no idea how this stuff works!!

It could also be that newsmax prebought a bundle of them....with intention of just giving them away at cost? So to get the book in to the hands of 'many', very quickly?

It could also be that newsmax prebought a bundle of them....with intention of just giving them away at cost? So to get the book in to the hands of 'many', very quickly?

My understanding is that the books are available at that price, with the purchase of a subscription magazine - it's just a way of selling more mags.

xotoxi-albums-pictures-3-picture1032-bukkake-oval-office-clinton.jpg

He "creamed" the competition.....

Yes it is.

I wonder if her ghost-writer gets royalties r/t sales, or is it just a flat-rate kinda thing ?

I wonder if Obama and the Clinton's ghost-writers get royalties or is it just a flat-rate kinda thing?

Obama's first book wasn't ghost-written for sure. Given the style of the second, I'd bet it wasn't either. I have no idea about the Clintons'. Never read them.

I wonder if her ghost-writer gets royalties r/t sales, or is it just a flat-rate kinda thing ?

I wonder if Obama and the Clinton's ghost-writers get royalties or is it just a flat-rate kinda thing?

Obama's first book wasn't ghost-written for sure. Given the style of the second, I'd bet it wasn't either. I have no idea about the Clintons'. Never read them.

Actually, I would put money on knowing exactly who ghosted both his books. The Clintons' definitely were, but I can't prove it. But I feel no burning need to prove it either.

Good for Palin. Hope she sells 3 million books and get ridiculously rich. Wish it were me.

Palin has a ghost-writer. Obama's didn't. Get over it.

Care to prove that statement????????????????? Yeaaaaaaaaaaah suuuuuuuuuuuuure he didn't.

Even wingnutty outlets like Newsmax have admitted he wrote it himself.
Obama Wrote His Own Book — Unlike JFK

In fact. would you care to prove that Palin had one.:lol::lol::lol:

S.D. ghostwriter mum on Sarah Palin memoir - Columnists - SignOnSanDiego.com

And to inflate book sales.

Actually, I would put money on knowing exactly who ghosted both his books. The Clintons' definitely were, but I can't prove it. But I feel no burning need to prove it either.

You know who ghosted Obama's book? And, you know the Clinton's were (btw, showed you where a true writer would put proper punctuation), yet you can't prove it.

Nice.

Almost as good as you "proving" that Huggy stole a quote.

Man your stupidity is rich..................

You know who ghosted Obama's book? And, you know the Clinton's were (btw, showed you where a true writer would put proper punctuation), yet you can't prove it.

Nice.

Almost as good as you "proving" that Huggy stole a quote.

Man your stupidity is rich..................

Need your diaper changing? You're a silly little boy, Gay.

It's quite standard to use ghosts and it is quite standard for no one to ever know. That's half the point of using them.

On the bright side, at least I don't claim that Palin organized her book tour.... You - and your little friend - don't deserve serious comment because you're both just nasty little boys.

I admire Sarah Palin putting out a book with her deep intellectual thoughts for all of us to read.

This book should dispell the myth that she is a mental lite weight.

She is building a strong base for her presidentual run in 2012.

Sarah Palin is obviously a very smart and clever lady.

Indeed, America will get what it deserves if she becomes our first woman President. :cool:

You know, Californication Twat, much rather be a silly boy than a brainless twit.

I'm guessing the peroxide in your dye job hairdo has shut down your brain.

Still.........I'm guessing that your "proof" is non existent, just like your "proof" that Huggy stole a quote was so thoroughly debunked.

Actually, I would put money on knowing exactly who ghosted both his books.

He was contracted to write the first after he was selected as president of the Harvard Law Review, long before he entered politics. It wasn't ghost-written. And like I said, given the style of the second it's safe to say he wrote that as well.

First Black Elected to Head Harvard's Law Review - The New York Times

Even something is too loony even for NewsMax, that tells you something.

Forum List

Back