Palin Betrays Base on Immigration Policy

Jesus Christ, can you imagine if McBush had been smart enough to pick Tom Ridge, instead of his idiotic choice of Palin?

Pennsylvania would have been in play, and winning pennsylvania is McCain's only ticket to victory.

I think McCain would have skated to victory with any moderate republican as a vp... especially if the repub was well-regarded by independents. But, McCain wanted "the base" and when asked about Ridge, looked heavenward and said (paraphrasing here, but pretty close) "my running mate has to be someone who shares my heartfelt respect for the rights of the unborn".

Well, he got Palin... you betcha.

I agree, I don't Like Palin. It seems like the media thinks she connects with everyday average people. But most of the people I have asked said they see her as smug and patronizing. He should have picked Romney.

I suspect that to "the base" Palin doesn't appear "smug and patronizing"... at least not any more patronizing than they are. But I don't think "the base" are everyday average people. If she appealed to "everyday average people", I suspect the independents and moderates would support her since, at least in my opinion, the label probably goes to the "middle" or the moderates, rather than the extremes.

I agree, I don't Like Palin. It seems like the media thinks she connects with everyday average people. But most of the people I have asked said they see her as smug and patronizing. He should have picked Romney.

Sarah Palin represents everything I believe in. She is conservative, in fact she is the female version of Ronald Reagan.

That's why she has been attacked so viciously. The left wing media & the femminazi's in this country are scared to death of Sarah Palin.

Sarah Palin is the only reason why John McCain is still in this race. Without her, McCain would be 40 points behind Obama.

I'm with Jillian here...I don't think Palin is pandering, I think she's running for 2012.

I'm also with Oreo...let's legalize these folks and let them pay some taxes so we can quit bitching about them taking advantages of our services while we generate some additional revenue.

Also, for the record...Palin IS hot. I'd do her, but it would be a total hatefuck.

Forum List

Back