Palin and the race card

Flayglo, I doubt anyone in the US dislikes Palin more than I do, but her comments about the First Lady are not indefensible if your reading of the quote in question is as strained as Palin's apparently is. Like it or not, the future First Lady was in error/chose her words badly when she said "And let me tell you something -- for the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country."

Palin exploited this obvious speech error by suggesting that the First Lady is not patriotic, which BTW is not a racially charged POV.

You need to read from sources other than HuffPo, Flayglo....they ain't been doing a great job lately.

Try the Cleveland Plain Dealer.......

Sarah Palin quotes Ronald Reagan a lot; she should study him more: an op-ed | cleveland.com

Flayglo, I doubt anyone in the US dislikes Palin more than I do, but her comments about the First Lady are not indefensible if your reading of the quote in question is as strained as Palin's apparently is. Like it or not, the future First Lady was in error/chose her words badly when she said "And let me tell you something -- for the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country."

Palin exploited this obvious speech error by suggesting that the First Lady is not patriotic, which BTW is not a racially charged POV.

You need to read from sources other than HuffPo, Flayglo....they ain't been doing a great job lately.

Sarah Palin quotes Ronald Reagan a lot; she should study him more: an op-ed | cleveland.com

:lol: You really think it was an error of words on her part? Her speech was pre written, shes college educated surely you aren't suggesting that a college educated person make such a stupid comment as that, unless they actually meant it.

Well I feel African Americans have a right to that opinion even if we take Palin's interpretation of Michelle Obama's quote, African Americans were treated as less than second class citizens for years, so if it makes some of us finally have some pride to have a black President so be it, if we were treated as equals the entire time we were in this country that would be a different story. What she said was not unpatriotic if viewed in a historical context to African Americans, on the contrary, we've been the most patriotic people in America, when the black separatists and white supremacists said go back to Africa or separate the overwhelming majority of African Americans stayed in America and fought for their rights as Americans and asserted that they were US citizens, when we were forced to live under racist segregation and to ride in the backs of buses and deprived of equality in our own country we served our country in WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, so don't dare even think Michelle Obama or any other black is somehow unpatriotic for finally "feeling proud" of their country.

EDIT: My response wasn't directed at you, it was directed at that monkey who replied after you.

Last edited:

:lol: You really think it was an error of words on her part? Her speech was pre written, shes college educated surely you aren't suggesting that a college educated person make such a stupid comment as that, unless they actually meant it.

Read my response monkey, Michelle Obama was not being unpatriotic, look at how blacks have been treated in America, you should be shocked to find patriotic blacks.

Read my response monkey, Michelle Obama was not being unpatriotic, look at how blacks have been treated in America, you should be shocked to find patriotic blacks.

can i get a shine, please?

Michelle was being unpatriotic. She sure has hell as a lot to be thankful for about her country.

.... Michelle Obama was not being unpatriotic, look at how blacks have been treated in America, you should be shocked to find patriotic blacks.
Do you contradict yourself often or is that an African American cultural thing?

Victim. :rolleyes:

Well I feel African Americans have a right to that opinion even if we take Palin's interpretation of Michelle Obama's quote, African Americans were treated as less than second class citizens for years, so if it makes some of us finally have some pride to have a black President so be it, if we were treated as equals the entire time we were in this country that would be a different story. What she said was not unpatriotic if viewed in a historical context to African Americans, on the contrary, we've been the most patriotic people in America, when the black separatists and white supremacists said go back to Africa or separate the overwhelming majority of African Americans stayed in America and fought for their rights as Americans and asserted that they were US citizens, when we were forced to live under racist segregation and to ride in the backs of buses and deprived of equality in our own country we served our country in WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, so don't dare even think Michelle Obama or any other black is somehow unpatriotic for finally "feeling proud" of their country.

EDIT: My response wasn't directed at you, it was directed at that monkey who replied after you.

As much as I disagree with you on almost everything else I have to give you props for this, except the the edit.

Jesus, Flylow and Bassboy are beginning to sound lik TDM.

They see racists under every bush, tree and shrub in the US.

Michelle was being unpatriotic. She sure has hell as a lot to be thankful for about her country.

Michelle Obama was not being facking unpatriotic, if she was what about all the rightwingers slandering Obama?

i never got what was so unpatriotic about that statement. what suggestions do people have as to what other situations should have made her 'really proud of her country' at other times in her 'adult life'? is this the kinda shit other people are meant to determine for us in the first place?

Michelle Obama was not being facking unpatriotic, if she was what about all the rightwingers slandering Obama?
:wtf:

Ummmmmm....usually, the right slams the left and the left slams the right in politics.

Damn, I hate having to state the obvious.

If blacks don't like the way their treated in America, they will hate the rest of the world.

Ummmmmm....usually, the right slams the left and the left slams the right in politics.

Yea, but I think that's gonna fly over Fail&Go's little head. You would need to have the HuffPuff 'splain it to him.

Fail is a stupid boy.

i never got what was so unpatriotic about that statement. what suggestions do people have as to what other situations should have made her 'really proud of her country' at other times in her 'adult life'? is this the kinda shit other people are meant to determine for us in the first place?
What she said wasn't unpatriotic. Unless of course you aren't a REAL American...and apparently Michelle Obama is not considered a REAL American by Palin.

Yea, but I think that's gonna fly over Fail&Go's little head. You would need to have the HuffPuff 'splain it to him.

Fail is a stupid boy.
It really is stunning, isn't it?

What she said wasn't unpatriotic. Unless of course you aren't a REAL American...and apparently Michelle Obama is not considered a REAL American by Palin.

Link?

I'd be interested to get the quote from Palin saying Michelle Obama is not a real American... unless you just made that shit up.... which is par for the course with you.

Fail is a stupid boy.
It really is stunning, isn't it?

Is that all you and your goofy twin have to say after falsely saying Michelle Obama made an unpatriotic statement? BTW, here's an example of some real unpatriotic people.

Tea Partier Suggests Secession As Antidote to 'Tyranny Of National Government' | TPMMuckraker

Tea Party and Texas Secession | Mediaite

They love their country so much that they want their state to secede from the Union, very patriotic.

Link?

I'd be interested to get the quote from Palin saying Michelle Obama is not a real American... unless you just made that shit up.... which is par for the course with you.
It would be incredible to see you slam Palin for drawing false conclusions...but that will never happen.

You're welcome.

Forum List

Back