Palestine Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two deaths and one big lie

The killing of math teacher
Yaqoub Abu al-Qiyan during an early 2017 raid on a Palestinian village was in many respects a typical act of violence by Israel’s colonization project. A Palestinian was left dead, others injured and homes were destroyed – starting with those belonging to Abu al-Qiyan’s family – to make way for a Jewish settlement.

There are unique aspects to his case – he was killed in Israel, not in the occupied West Bank, for one. And thanks to the UK-based research group Forensic Architecture, a moment-by-moment breakdown of the events leading up to Abu al-Qiyan’s death and the state cover-up that followed has been made publicly available.

When Yaqoub Abu al-Qiyan was killed in a Bedouin village slated for demolition on 18 January 2017, Benjamin Netanyahu immediately alleged he had carried out a “terror attack.”

But residents of Umm al-Hiran, the Naqab desert village in southern Israel stormed by hundreds of officers that day, as well as activists present, swiftly challenged the government’s narrative of events. They said that Abu al-Qiyan was killed without provocation.

Video recorded by Keren Manor, a member of the Activestills collective whose work has previously appeared on The Electronic Intifada, proved critical to unraveling Israel’s narrative.

Analysis from Forensic Architecture indicated that Abu al-Qiyan, a Palestinian citizen of Israel, was driving slowly and his vehicle only accelerated after he was shot at by police, suggesting he had lost control of his car.

Israeli occupation police arrested the director of construction at the Islamic Awqaf Eng.Bassam Hallaq and another employee from the courtyards of Al Aqsa mosque.

While Jews are severely restricted from entering the Temple Mount, the holiest site in Judaism, and cannot even pray there, the Muslims are busy building their fifth or sixth mosque on the Temple Mount. These mosques are often used as places to hide weapons, and to incite riots and violence against Jews. The Muslims have already been warned by the Israeli authorities that they will not tolerate the building of additional and multiple mosques from which to incite violence...especially since Muslims have already seen to it that Jewish worshippers aren't even allowed there. These ppl were probably arrested for attempting to construct yet another mosque there after they had been warned not to.

Khalida Jarrar: “I will never stop speaking out”

jarrar.jpg

Khalida Jarrar relaxes in her living room at home in Ramallah after 20 months in Israeli prison, where she was held without charge or trial.

Jaclynn Ashly

Khalida Jarrar: "I will never stop speaking out"

Israeli occupation police arrested the director of construction at the Islamic Awqaf Eng.Bassam Hallaq and another employee from the courtyards of Al Aqsa mosque.

They were arrested for performing unauthorized construction work on the Temple Mount. All construction work on the Temple Mount must be approved and supervised by Israel.

The reason all construction work must be supervised is because Arab Muslims are in the habit of deliberately destroying ancient Jewish archaeological sites and artifacts.

Just more Arab Muslim whining when they are held accountable for their own bad behaviour.

#Israel’ has been following a demolition policy targeting everything owned by Palestinians, to force them leave their properties and allow illegal Jewish settlers to replace them.

62241144_2642296025997116_2913770246705774592_o.jpg

Yeah, no. Even the Arabic sources are giving the reasons for the demolition as "building without a permit" and "encroachment upon the street" causing heavy traffic problems.

Would someone please inform me on why Tinmore is so passionate about this. Tough to debate when you don’t understand the logic of the person you’re debating against. Thank you.

You've never answered Azog's question of why you are obsessed with this issue. Please do so now.
Good question. Why do you side with the thieves, killers, and liars?

Would someone please inform me on why Tinmore is so passionate about this. Tough to debate when you don’t understand the logic of the person you’re debating against. Thank you.

You've never answered Azog's question of why you are obsessed with this issue. Please do so now.

Because I am one of them. Why do you answer a question with a question. Makes you a coward.

My other rule Tinmore is not to say anything on this board that I would not say to someone’s face. I recommend You do the same. Civility is important even for dirty terrorists like you.

Originally posted by I Love Israel
Then he would find the Arab/Muslim World despicable, right?? :auiqs.jpg:

First:

Rabbi Heschel never considered white racism in South Africa, Angola, Mozambique and Namibia as a valid excuse to look the other way and ignore the moral depravity of Jim Crow's America.

Second:

Rabbi Heschel never established the end of apartheid and the development of fully democratic societies in those african countries as a precondition to start denouncing Jim Crow's America.

He knew perfectly well these arguments were blatant, scandalous logical fallacies.

You, on the other hand, seem to doing both things regarding Israel and the Arab world.

He Doesn’t believe the Jewish people should have a homeland? Link, please ( There will not be one)

JoseB has yet to make a legit point. I ll Wait patiently

The killing of math teacher
Yaqoub Abu al-Qiyan during an early 2017 raid on a Palestinian village was in many respects a typical act of violence by Israel’s colonization project. A Palestinian was left dead, others injured and homes were destroyed – starting with those belonging to Abu al-Qiyan’s family – to make way for a Jewish settlement.

There are unique aspects to his case – he was killed in Israel, not in the occupied West Bank, for one. And thanks to the UK-based research group Forensic Architecture, a moment-by-moment breakdown of the events leading up to Abu al-Qiyan’s death and the state cover-up that followed has been made publicly available.

When Yaqoub Abu al-Qiyan was killed in a Bedouin village slated for demolition on 18 January 2017, Benjamin Netanyahu immediately alleged he had carried out a “terror attack.”

But residents of Umm al-Hiran, the Naqab desert village in southern Israel stormed by hundreds of officers that day, as well as activists present, swiftly challenged the government’s narrative of events. They said that Abu al-Qiyan was killed without provocation.

Video recorded by Keren Manor, a member of the Activestills collective whose work has previously appeared on The Electronic Intifada, proved critical to unraveling Israel’s narrative.

Analysis from Forensic Architecture indicated that Abu al-Qiyan, a Palestinian citizen of Israel, was driving slowly and his vehicle only accelerated after he was shot at by police, suggesting he had lost control of his car.

Yeah. Another example of one-sided reporting which doesn't give the point of view of the Israeli LEOs.

Yaqoub Abu al-Qiyan was in a vehicle, driving directly towards police officers and would not stop when directed to or when warning shots were fired. The police responded as though Yaqoub was a possible threat. They had only seconds to make decisions. Not at all unreasonable with Arab Palestinians having a history of using vehicles as terrorist weapons.

The first officer who discharged an aimed shot claims he was intending to fire at the tires of the car and not the driver. This aligns with the leg injury sustained by Yaqoub. This leg injury (right leg) probably led to Yaqoub being unable to properly control the pressure on the gas pedal and caused him to speed towards the officers, resulting in the death of one, Sgt Erez Levi. The fatal shots, by three other officers, to the chest occurred after the car sped up.

The order of events:

Driver starts driving towards LEOs (who rightly are concerned that this is an impending car ramming)
Commands to stop are issued and ignored
Warning shots are issued and ignored
Shot attempting to disable vehicle is issued
Car speeds toward LEOs (due to leg injury of driver)
Fatal shots are issued from multiple sources

In other words, the accounts given by both the Palestinian source and the Israeli source match. The Israeli investigation into the police actions show that none of the officers on scene acted with criminal intent. And that the intent of the driver could not be ascertained. Entirely reasonable conclusion.

Just another Arab Palestinian spin to try to demonize Israel.

Actually, my question was about obsession, not siding. Since you have 53,000 posts to my 5,000, I'd say you are more obsessed than I am. Considering you're not even an Arab, it's even more surprising. As for siding, I can see both sides of the issue and I try not to demonize one side completely, like you do. That's why I still believe in the 2-state solution, although some might call me naive or even a traitor. You don't even seek a solution, unless it's for Israel ceasing to exist. Jews have been persecuted for 2,000 years and we need one strip of land to call our own, even if it wasn't our ancestral homeland, from which we gave the Bible to the world. My grandparents and uncles were forced out of Poland by pogroms. They were denied visas to America. Israel was the only place they could go to.

Because I am one of them. Why do you answer a question with a question. Makes you a coward.
Why do you answer a question with a question.
Do I?

Do I?

Keep dodging. Your cowardice is noted.

Do I?

I show my kids the posts of Tinmore so that they may recognize what an antisemite and a Holocaust denier posts like.

Do I?

I show my kids the posts of Tinmore so that they may recognize what an antisemite and a Holocaust denier posts like.

I show my kids his posts for different reasons; I enjoy his frustration

You really don't want to know.

You got me all wrong. I do Want to know. The “occupation “ is fantastic. I am all for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back