Pakistan Hates Us

Yes weve seen those strikes hit the wrong target many times.

You were trying to make some type of point werent you?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PGmnz5Ow-o]Bush: Truly not concerned about bin Laden (short version) - YouTube[/ame]

You really wouldn't understand why New Yorkers hate actual terrorists so much and why this was an absolute abberration in terms of policy for a New Yorker.
Context is not your friend.

" Deep in my heart I know the man is on the run, if he's alive at all. Who knows if he's hiding in some cave or not; we haven't heard from him in a long time. And the idea of focusing on one person is — really indicates to me people don't understand the scope of the mission. Terror is bigger than one person. And he's just — he's a person who's now been marginalized. His network, his host government has been destroyed. He's the ultimate parasite who found weakness, exploited it, and met his match. He is — as I mentioned in my speech, I do mention the fact that this is a fellow who is willing to commit youngsters to their death and he, himself, tries to hide — if, in fact, he's hiding at all. So I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him, Kelly, to be honest with you. I'm more worried about making sure that our soldiers are well-supplied; that the strategy is clear; that the coalition is strong; that when we find enemy bunched up like we did in Shahikot Mountains, that the military has all the support it needs to go in and do the job, which they did.

Q: But don't you believe that the threat that bin Laden posed won't truly be eliminated until he is found either dead or alive?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, as I say, we haven't heard much from him. And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And, again, I don't know where he is. I — I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him. I know he is on the run. I was concerned about him, when he had taken over a country. I was concerned about the fact that he was basically running Afghanistan and calling the shots for the Taliban."

Wikiquotes

Oh you want "context"..

Nearly five years after George Bush vowed to bring Osama bin Laden to justice "dead or alive", it's the end of the line for the CIA's Alec Station, the unit dedicated to the hunt for the al-Qaida leader.

The unit, named after the son of a counter-terror official, was disbanded last year, it emerged this week, and its agents reassigned in what intelligence officials described as a recognition of the changing nature of al-Qaida.
CIA disbands Bin laden unit | World news | The Guardian

In word and in action, Bush had really no interest in killing or capturing this guy.

I can't wait until we wrap things up in Afghanistan so we can be done with the Pakistanis all together.
That's what Ronald Reagan said in 1981. And then, we got the Taliban and Al Qaeda because we disconnected from southwest Asia.

Good point, but than again what do you suggest we actually do? we have our troops in a country where the majority of the people despise us and don't want us there, do you think we should stay indefinently?

Fact of the matter is, relations with Pakistan - a nuclear weapons country - are far worse now.

By definition, that is a foreign relations failure. Whether those relations were destined to decline irrespective of who is in office is a hard call.

Ah..so it wasn't bad when they were hiding terrorists dedicated to the destruction of the United States while soaking up our funding.

Got it.

Fact of the matter is, relations with Pakistan - a nuclear weapons country - are far worse now.

By definition, that is a foreign relations failure. Whether those relations were destined to decline irrespective of who is in office is a hard call.

Ah..so it wasn't bad when they were hiding terrorists dedicated to the destruction of the United States while soaking up our funding.

Got it.
No, you don't have it.

You can make shit up in your head about what I say, but that has nothing to do with what I say.

I can't wait until we wrap things up in Afghanistan so we can be done with the Pakistanis all together.
That's what Ronald Reagan said in 1981. And then, we got the Taliban and Al Qaeda because we disconnected from southwest Asia.

Good point, but than again what do you suggest we actually do? we have our troops in a country where the majority of the people despise us and don't want us there, do you think we should stay indefinently?

We should get out..but before doing so..do 2 things..

1. Ask them exactly what they want. Whether that be we build them something or whatever..and we do it.

2. Leave..but remind them that if they engage in the same sort of nonsense they engaged in before..we will be back. And the next time..we won't be sending in any troops. It will all be indiscriminate bombing.

Once we are out..we maintain an intelligence presence ready to wipe out any "noise makers" quickly. We also make ourselves available to them if they ever want to construct a sensible and coherent government.

I find the burning in effigy of any US president to be embarrassing. As previously posted, the current occupant of 1600 was supposed to have united the world (remember the Nobel?). Instead, the ashes of his likeness smolder in the streets of Pakistan.

The Pakistanis have burned every President in effigy in their streets for decades, Obama was not going to be exempt from that.

That's easy to say in hindsight, but things have not worked out as advertised. The apology tour and the Nobel selection process that was supposed to put Obama under the control of leftists internationally, quickly gave way to the reality of governing.

I knew that Obama would be hated in the Muslim world, these countries have been burning American flags and burning American presidents in effigy since before I was born, its just what they do, short of having America burn the constitution and embrace Islam as the rule of law theres not really much that will make the US popular in places like Pakistan.

Got it.
No, you don't have it.

You can make shit up in your head about what I say, but that has nothing to do with what I say.

What shit?

This whole thread is about one "screwup" (And heck..who knows, maybe it was deliberate) out of like thousands of them. This is yet another in the many "hey lets blame the democrats" thread about some international "outrage" of a screwed up nasty little country that does nothing but prop up military dictators, harbor terrorists and make war with India over nothing.

We've had all sorts of problems with the region that really have nothing more to do with us other then to keep gas prices cheap and oil companies wealthy. And that's the real bottom line.

The Pakistanis have burned every President in effigy in their streets for decades, Obama was not going to be exempt from that.

That's easy to say in hindsight, but things have not worked out as advertised. The apology tour and the Nobel selection process that was supposed to put Obama under the control of leftists internationally, quickly gave way to the reality of governing.

I knew that Obama would be hated in the Muslim world, these countries have been burning American flags and burning American presidents in effigy since before I was born, its just what they do, short of having America burn the constitution and embrace Islam as the rule of law theres not really much that will make the US popular in places like Pakistan.

Most Arabs in that region are really really racist. They would hate him no matter what.

Gotta love it. The Right Wing around here is siding with Pakistan...a country which hid the worst terrorist in US history.

And you call yourselves patriots?

:lol: To funny.
No one is siding with Pakistan.

Why?

Isn't is a fact that war criminal Bush threatened to bomb the fuck out of Pakistan if it refused to participate in the "war on terror" ?!?!?!?!?

Got it.
No, you don't have it.

What shit?

The shit I quoted you saying.

It has nothing to do with reality and is a lie about my views.

.... This whole thread is about one "screwup" (And heck..who knows, maybe it was deliberate) out of like thousands of them. This is yet another in the many "hey lets blame the democrats" thread about some international "outrage" of a screwed up nasty little country that does nothing but prop up military dictators, harbor terrorists and make war with India over nothing.

We've had all sorts of problems with the region that really have nothing more to do with us other then to keep gas prices cheap and oil companies wealthy. And that's the real bottom line.
And, what the fuck does that have to do with anything I have posted in this thread?

Don't bother - it has nothing to do with anything I have said in this thread.

Thus, my comment about you making shit up in your head having little to do with reality of what I say.

Get a grip.

Why are so many still confused? Just bring our cash & troops back home where they belong. We have already won The Longest War. So lets bring em home and give them that Heroes Welcome they deserve. Nothings gonna change over there. Corruption and oppression is all those people know. It has been that way over there for several hundred years. We're not gonna change that.

It really is very simple in the end...You fuck with us again and we'll back to decimate you and your nation. They'll either get that message or they wont. But you at least deliver that message to them,and i think we have. The same message goes for the rest of the World too. We have the technology and the money to decimate any nation we choose. If they want more trouble with us,then more trouble is exactly what they'll get. But we've already won the War over there,so it's time to come home. So lets do it.

Last edited:
Why are so many still confused? Just bring our cash & troops back home where they belong. We have already won .

What?

No sir , we can not do that.

KBR, Halliburton and other war profiteers have only made a bazillion dollars. The Constitution guarantees them at least, a gazillion dollars. So hold your horses.

Come on people! Do you live under a rock? Or don't you watch the current news? I imagine the liberal stations are shying away from this story.. but Fox isn't.. try Fox.

It is all over the place. And your take away from this is what? That the President and the Democrats are screwing things up there. It's the natural reflexive thing with most of you guys. When Netinyahu criticized Obama? You took Netinyahu's side. A foreign leader. When Chavez criticized Bush in the UN..a Democrat, Charlie Rangel let Chavez have it. That's country before party in action.

Obama has a policy to kill real terrorists. Bush's policy was to kill Iraqis and call them terrorists.

See the difference?

Maybe because Obama had no right to treat Netenyahu the way he did?? Because Obama was being an ass to him when he was here? The first time he was here for a meeting with obama, obama left him to have lunch with his wife....no invitation to Bebe, just left him. What president has EVER done that to a visiting high official? Obama is just a complete MORON and was completely wrong. Also when they met the last time, all shown on TV, you could see the disgust and hatred on obama's face....he hates Israel and doesn't hesitate to show it.

You fuck with us,you die. I think we've delivered that message loud & clear. We can bring our money and our troops home now. We'll always be keeping an eye on these nations anyway. They want a tussle,we'll give them a tussle. We have the technology and the endless financial resources to crush them. They just cant compete with us on that. We can tear a nation apart at our convenience. I really do think most have received this message. So there is nothing more to be gained over there. It's over.

You fuck with us,you die. I think we've delivered that message loud & clear. We can bring our money and our troops home now. We'll always be keeping an eye on these nations anyway. They want a tussle,we'll give them a tussle. We have the technology and the endless financial resources to crush them. They just cant compete with us on that. We can tear a nation apart at our convenience. I really do think most have received this message. So there is nothing more to be gained over there. It's over.

:clap2:

Come on people! Do you live under a rock? Or don't you watch the current news? I imagine the liberal stations are shying away from this story.. but Fox isn't.. try Fox.

It is all over the place. And your take away from this is what? That the President and the Democrats are screwing things up there. It's the natural reflexive thing with most of you guys. When Netinyahu criticized Obama? You took Netinyahu's side. A foreign leader. When Chavez criticized Bush in the UN..a Democrat, Charlie Rangel let Chavez have it. That's country before party in action.

Obama has a policy to kill real terrorists. Bush's policy was to kill Iraqis and call them terrorists.

See the difference?

Maybe because Obama had no right to treat Netenyahu the way he did?? Because Obama was being an ass to him when he was here? The first time he was here for a meeting with obama, obama left him to have lunch with his wife....no invitation to Bebe, just left him. What president has EVER done that to a visiting high official? Obama is just a complete MORON and was completely wrong. Also when they met the last time, all shown on TV, you could see the disgust and hatred on obama's face....he hates Israel and doesn't hesitate to show it.

No right? He's the fucking president of the united states. He SETS foreign policy. He could order Israel be made a glass parking lot if he wanted too. And he'd have plenty of reason. They have nukes, they spy on the US, they ignore the UN, they've killed American military and civilians.

And I didn't see you guys go apeshit about these "rights" when Noriega was kidnapped. Or when Hussien was subjected to a kangaroo court and execution.

Seriously..the right wing is whacko lately.

But the fact remains . Pakistan is cutting off supplies to our troops in Afghanistan and obama is sending them money..

Forum List

Back