Pain lingers for lesbian couple denied in Sweet Cakes case

Calmly telling the mother that she should be ashamed of herself for raising a degenerate is enough. Bible verses aren't necessary.

Right. Anyone who does that is a truly evil person...

This is why I'm an atheist... too many evil, useless and stupid fuck call themselves Christians... and even on the off chance I'm wrong, I certainly wouldn't want to spend eternity with you people.

Your salvation is your business but I don't see why it's necessary for you to "sell" us on why you choose to be an atheist. You could have easily just said that you don't believe in God. Does it make you feel better to tear down anyone else who believes in God?

Your salvation is your business but I don't see why it's necessary for you to "sell" us on why you choose to be an atheist. You could have easily just said that you don't believe in God. Does it make you feel better to tear down anyone else who believes in God?

Because who believe in God tend to do stupid shit to try to appease their Imaginary Friend in the Sky.... Hey, you kn ow people used to do shit like THIS to please their God?

BurningJoan.jpg

Yup, that's the English burning Joan of Arc at the Stake... because she thought she was talking to God and the English thought she was talking to the Devil...

when the poor girl probably just needed medications.

this case is a great example.

You see, if you didn't have an Imaginary friend in the sky, you'd realize that "I think the gay is icky" is really your problem, not the problem of the gay folks you meet. But once you have an imaginary friend in the sky validating your homophobia, well, Gosh darn, you can destroy your wife's business and go on a national tour telling other scared little pixie-worshipers how you are being oppressed.

No one is paying six figures for harrassment now and the lesbo is cleaning houses instead of singing and running a children's museum.

They thought like you. Humiliate the Kleins. Close their business. Take a bunch of money and walk away happy. Except what happened? It is now almost four years post cake and the perv couple cannot move out from under. The Kleins breathe new life into their misery every day. They won't let it be forgotten or go into the past. They are stumping church to church, cupcakes all the way.

The Kleins lost their business... which probably worked out okay for the Cuckolded Mr. Klein who finally put that uppity bitch in her place. Mrs. Klien looks like someone shot her puppy.

They went away for committing more crimes after already being punished multiple times for previous crimes. And this only involves felonies, so serious crimes, even if the "last straw" is a relatively minor felony.

And draconian drug punishments are something i fund stupid as well, but only for 1st time offenders. by their 2nd or third, maybe life in jail is the best thing for these people.

And all of the "three strike" things involve actual crime, with actual harm. so your thoughtcrime prosecution logic falls flat, as usual.

Right... because putting people in jail after you've rendered them effectively unemployable with a felony conviction is a smart move...

Not.

The guy was a multiple time loser. He also was hungry because he was drunk and out with his work buddies at a bar, not starving as you so limply tried to imply.

And again, fuck you you fascist fuck, for your starting statement. Bold words from a man on a message board.

Again, guy, we both favor draconian punishments for people we don't like... I just favor them for truly awful people, as opposed to unfortunate ones.

He was working when he was arrested the 3rd time, why do you keep making shit up?

25 to life for a 3-4 time loser isn't "draconian", and in any event he got out after 5 years, and STILL managed to get into minor trouble that the State graciously didn't hold him to.

Do you even read the articles you link, you lazy fuck?

He was working when he was arrested the 3rd time, why do you keep making shit up?

25 to life for a 3-4 time loser isn't "draconian", and in any event he got out after 5 years, and STILL managed to get into minor trouble that the State graciously didn't hold him to.

Well, guy, no. I think prison should be for people who we need to be protected from.. not petty criminals who steal Pizza.

So let's see now. 25 years to life for a slice of Pizza, but you'd better not fine some nice white people who started a harrassment campaign against a gay couple who asked to use their services.

Yup, in Wingnut World, this makes perfect sense.

Well, guy, no. I think prison should be for people who we need to be protected from.. not petty criminals who steal Pizza.

So let's see now. 25 years to life for a slice of Pizza, but you'd better not fine some nice white people who started a harrassment campaign against a gay couple who asked to use their services.

He's done plenty of other things as well, and recidivism is recidivism. If you can't learn your lesson, maybe prison is the place you deserve.

Again, it wasn't 25 to life for the slice of pizza, it was 25 to life for repeat offenses, at a time when people were sick of recidivist criminals getting out and going right back into crime.

And the difference is your pet project is an end run to punish thought crime, not an actual crime with actual harm.

Calmly telling the mother that she should be ashamed of herself for raising a degenerate is enough. Bible verses aren't necessary.

Right. Anyone who does that is a truly evil person...

This is why I'm an atheist... too many evil, useless and stupid fuck call themselves Christians... and even on the off chance I'm wrong, I certainly wouldn't want to spend eternity with you people.
Why are you running to the Bible and Christianity when I clearly said it wasn't necessary.

If you saw someone eating cockaroaches on the hoof would you check with your pocket New Testament to see if Christians disapproved of antenna between his teeth. Do you really need religion to recognize degeneracy?

Because who believe in God tend to do stupid shit to try to appease their Imaginary Friend in the Sky.... Hey, you kn ow people used to do shit like THIS to please their God?

BurningJoan.jpg

Yup, that's the English burning Joan of Arc at the Stake... because she thought she was talking to God and the English thought she was talking to the Devil...

when the poor girl probably just needed medications.

this case is a great example.

You see, if you didn't have an Imaginary friend in the sky, you'd realize that "I think the gay is icky" is really your problem, not the problem of the gay folks you meet. But once you have an imaginary friend in the sky validating your homophobia, well, Gosh darn, you can destroy your wife's business and go on a national tour telling other scared little pixie-worshipers how you are being oppressed.
Well just remember that whoever is in favor of doing such a thing to other people, they don't speak for the rest of us. Just like them Westboro Baptist church people. They most definitely do not speak for the rest of us who are Christians as long as they continue to put out there that redemption can not happen.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

He's done plenty of other things as well, and recidivism is recidivism. If you can't learn your lesson, maybe prison is the place you deserve.

Again, it wasn't 25 to life for the slice of pizza, it was 25 to life for repeat offenses, at a time when people were sick of recidivist criminals getting out and going right back into crime.

And the difference is your pet project is an end run to punish thought crime, not an actual crime with actual harm.

Very well put Marty. The Kleins in Oregon PASSIVELY refused to participate in a gay wedding ceremony. As Christians, that is their CIVIL RIGHT to do so. They didn't hold the lesbians intent on turning this into a political coup at gun point, for example. They didn't pull out a rolling pin and begin bashing them on the head. They didn't stalk them to their house and burn a giant dildo in their yard (I still wonder why lesbians use dildos, so close to the real thing...?). They didn't throw acid in their faces, or even call them names. The Kleins just, merely, kindly and cordially said "no, we're sorry". While a 100 other bakers stood ready nearby to fulfill their order without so much as a blink of an eyelash.

It's important to remember here that sexual orientation is a behavior. It isn't something static that the lesbians were born with and/or couldn't avoid. It is a lifestyle choice; one they can change apparently or one at least that has blurry lines (see my dildo remark). Just ask Anne Heche. As such, Christians have every right to say no to participation in a lifestyle that not only violates their firmly held beliefs, but a lifestyle, should they assist in promoting it, would land them in Hell for eternity. See Jude 1 of the New Testament for details. You can't force Christians to choose between closing their business or Hell for eternity.

It's funny...the word "Klein" or "Kleine" to be exact, in German means "small". It's such a small deal that these lesbians blew up to use as political fodder. That they destroyed this couple's business and lives is what is Grosse, or "large". That is the big deal here.

Very well put Marty. The Kleins in Oregon PASSIVELY refused to participate in a gay wedding ceremony. As Christians, that is their CIVIL RIGHT to do so. They didn't hold the lesbians intent on turning this into a political coup at gun point, for example. They didn't pull out a rolling pin and begin bashing them on the head. They didn't stalk them to their house and burn a giant dildo in their yard (I still wonder why lesbians use dildos, so close to the real thing...?). They didn't throw acid in their faces, or even call them names. The Kleins just, merely, kindly and cordially said "no, we're sorry". While a 100 other bakers stood ready nearby to fulfill their order without so much as a blink of an eyelash.

It's important to remember here that sexual orientation is a behavior. It isn't something static that the lesbians were born with and/or couldn't avoid. It is a lifestyle choice; one they can change apparently or one at least that has blurry lines (see my dildo remark). Just ask Anne Heche. As such, Christians have every right to say no to participation in a lifestyle that not only violates their firmly held beliefs, but a lifestyle, should they assist in promoting it, would land them in Hell for eternity. See Jude 1 of the New Testament for details. You can't force Christians to choose between closing their business or Hell for eternity.

To me the nature/behavior thing is non-material to the discussion on use of PA laws to force non-essential businesses to provide services they do not want to. While I understand your religious views on it, my concern is with use of government force for trivial matters in general.

Wahhh... I didn't get a slice of pizza.
Wahhhh... I didn't get a cake.

again, we lock up more people than any country in the world.. even Russia and China... maybe it's time to look at other ways of fighting crime than locking people up for swiping Pizza.

To me the nature/behavior thing is non-material to the discussion on use of PA laws to force non-essential businesses to provide services they do not want to. While I understand your religious views on it, my concern is with use of government force for trivial matters in general.

If they don't want to provide those services, they shouldn't be in that line of work. This isn't complicated. Hey, guess what, we all have to deal with people we don't like. when I had to work with that Jehovah's Witless for two years, I resisted my overwealming temptation to call her a whackadoodle cultist. Even when she was dissing our ex-Lesbian boss. (Probably the only boss I have kind words for.)

I am all for ways of combating crime other than locking people up. An armed people should do nicely. When the mama decided to throw her fit, a bullet would have ended it. A well armed father could have explained what the pizza thief did wrong.

Reduce crime by reducing the number of criminals.

Uh,no, the Klein's did not "kindly" say that. They ranted bible verses at the poor woman's mother. Then they published their names on the internet so every other Christian loser could harrass them.

sure you can. It they think that they are going to hell for not following the laws of a belligerant sky pixie, they have options of not being in that business.

But my guess is, they had no problem serving women who weren't virgins, women who wear pants, women who wear jewelry or braids, women and men who have tattoos, women who write their own vows to recite inchurch, or a dozen other rules that you can find in the bible that most of us ignore today.

I am all for ways of combating crime other than locking people up. An armed people should do nicely. When the mama decided to throw her fit, a bullet would have ended it. A well armed father could have explained what the pizza thief did wrong.

Yes, we realize you are a very angry person.... but you need to let that one time in the girl's dorm go. Lots of people expirament when they are young... no one thinks any less of you. (But that's because negative numbers are impossible.

You really are that stupid. It isn't about the pizza, it's about the fact that the guy can't quit being a criminal. What's so hard for you to understand about that?

Yes, we realize you are a very angry person.... but you need to let that one time in the girl's dorm go. Lots of people expirament when they are young... no one thinks any less of you. (But that's because negative numbers are impossible.

You continue to pucker up to Obama's ass. That's why we think less of you.

You really are that stupid. It isn't about the pizza, it's about the fact that the guy can't quit being a criminal. What's so hard for you to understand about that?

The part where I as a tax payer have to pay $40,000 a year to lock him up over a $2.00 slice of pizza.

Hey, I thought you "Conservatives" were about fiscal responsibility.

You don't make $40,000/year.

Again, you don't get that it's not about $2 worth of pizza. It's about the piece of shit proving he can't quit being a criminal.

You don't make $40,000/year.

Again, you don't get that it's not about $2 worth of pizza. It's about the piece of shit proving he can't quit being a criminal.

Actually, I make quite a lot more than that and have for sometime now.

Again, you could take every crime this guy has ever committed, and the value would NOT exceed the cost of keeping him locked up for a week.

The craziness is we spend 74 BILLION a year locking people up. You guys will whine about 400 million spent on Public Television, but you don't bat an eye at this counterproductive policy.

Wahhh... I didn't get a slice of pizza.
Wahhhh... I didn't get a cake.

again, we lock up more people than any country in the world.. even Russia and China... maybe it's time to look at other ways of fighting crime than locking people up for swiping Pizza.

If they don't want to provide those services, they shouldn't be in that line of work. This isn't complicated. Hey, guess what, we all have to deal with people we don't like. when I had to work with that Jehovah's Witless for two years, I resisted my overwealming temptation to call her a whackadoodle cultist. Even when she was dissing our ex-Lesbian boss. (Probably the only boss I have kind words for.)

I cannot believe you are daft enough to equate a 3-4 time loser drunkenly taking pizza from a bunch of kids to someone not wanting to bake a cake for a gay wedding. That you can even attempt to equate the two shows that either you are a pure troll, or a miserable ****, or a combo of both.

But you are A-OK with ruining someone over not baking a cake. Your priorities show a serious mental issue, or again, you are just a fucking ****.

Forum List

Back