Paddock prescribed antidepressants in June, which means virtually every mass shooter....

Hmm. I'm thinking that some people are probably better off without the psychotropics. We are so dependent upon drugs. Is that the ONLY way you can feel better. What did people used to do in the old days before the days of Valium and all of these "feel good" prescription drugs? They dealt with it in other ways is what they did.

You might be better off without the psychotropics. But many people are NOT better off without them.

I know some people with mental illness (like schizophrenia) NEED them or would have to be institutionalized, but are we better for it? I wonder.

What is this "WE" that you speak of when referring to an individual's health care plan?

I was talking about WE as in society. :rolleyes:

You don't think that WE are better off having thousands of people with mental illness in remission due to medications rather than living in institutions?

About that, those need to come back. Not all psychotics need to be institutionalized, but some do.

Paddock was prescribed 50 10-milligram diazepam tablets by Henderson physician Dr. Steven Winkler on June 21.
Assuming one pill a day, he would have been off the medication for over 2 months before the shooting. But the Right always have to make excuses for a homicidal white man, so pills are a better excuse than nothing

Las Vegas Strip shooter prescribed anti-anxiety drug in June

Stephen Paddock, who killed at least 58 people and wounded hundreds more in Las Vegas on Sunday with high-powered rifles, was prescribed an anti-anxiety drug in June that can lead to aggressive behavior, the Las Vegas Review-Journal has learned.

Records from the Nevada Prescription Monitoring Program obtained Tuesday show Paddock was prescribed 50 10-milligram diazepam tablets by Henderson physician Dr. Steven Winkler on June 21.

A woman who answered the phone at Winkler’s office would not make him available to answer questions and would neither confirm nor deny that Paddock was ever a patient.

-------------

Yeap. Just about every mass killing in this country from columbine to Sandy Hook to VT to the Aurora shooter and now this.

All of them were on antidepressants or under the SSRI drugs.

We won't hear much about any of this. The pharmaceutical companies advertise on all of those great media networks, don't they?

Gun companies don't though. Get it? Oh, I am sure it may be a coincidence that all of those shooters were all on an SSRI drug.

Some others that the media sort of left out. Robin Williams was on antidepressants. So was Heath Ledger when he died. So was Chris Cornell.

No connection? It was the guns.

You wanna make it illegal for people to take prescription antidepressants? Or just to own firearms when taking them?

I know some people with mental illness (like schizophrenia) NEED them or would have to be institutionalized, but are we better for it? I wonder.

What is this "WE" that you speak of when referring to an individual's health care plan?

You don't think that WE are better off having thousands of people with mental illness in remission due to medications rather than living in institutions?

I'm not sure, are YOU?

I am sure. Imagine if you had a disease that could be treated with medicine, but instead you were locked up for the rest of your life?

Yes, I've done many reports where a patient is obviously quite dangerous but can only be held for 72 hours and the doctors have to try to restabilize these patients on their meds, and then guess what? They send them right back out the door into the world. I've been quite disgusted with the psychiatric community for quite a while now.

Paddock was prescribed 50 10-milligram diazepam tablets by Henderson physician Dr. Steven Winkler on June 21.
Assuming one pill a day, he would have been off the medication for over 2 months before the shooting. But the Right always have to make excuses for a homicidal white man, so pills are a better excuse than nothing

Psychiatric medications are supposed to be WEANED off under a doctor's supervision. You are not just supposed to stop taking meds like that on your own because of withdrawals. They can and do also build up in your system and can remain there for a while, depending on the type of medication.

Psychiatric medications are supposed to be WEANED off under a doctor's supervision. You are not just supposed to stop taking meds like that on your own because of withdrawals. They can and do also build up in your system and can remain there for a while, depending on the type of medication.
The other clear problem, especially among rich people who are addicted to these various very addictive opioids is the doctor shopping.

I am going to assume right now that doctors make some kind of a kickback of some kind on these drugs. Perhaps that is an ignorant statement, but I have known people that doctor shopped. Maybe it is just a certain reputation that certain doctors are just willing to write out prescriptions with no real resistance.

Micheal Jackson's doctor is an example of that. I believe Tiger Woods is also in that boat. They say this guy Paddock had money. Would it be hard to consider that he may have doctor shopped and he had other things in his system other than a benzo?

I don't think that is too much of a stretch. What I do know is the addiction to these things is real. I also know that if a rich person is addicted to these, then they are more than likely to shop for doctors and there are always doctors that will write prescriptions.

The other clear problem, especially among rich people who are addicted to these various very addictive opioids is the doctor shopping.

I am going to assume right now that doctors make some kind of a kickback of some kind on these drugs. Perhaps that is an ignorant statement, but I have known people that doctor shopped. Maybe it is just a certain reputation that certain doctors are just willing to write out prescriptions with no real resistance.

Micheal Jackson's doctor is an example of that. I believe Tiger Woods is also in that boat. They say this guy Paddock had money. Would it be hard to consider that he may have doctor shopped and he had other things in his system other than a benzo?

I don't think that is too much of a stretch. What I do know is the addiction to these things is real. I also know that if a rich person is addicted to these, then they are more than likely to shop for doctors and there are always doctors that will write prescriptions.

I don't know how addictive they are. Most of these are mood stabilizers. However, I suppose it depends upon the person and how his/her body chemistry reacts with the meds. Also, just the fact alone that some of these meds can actually make psychosis or suicidal tendencies worse should be a red flag, given the fact that some of these shooters were actively taking these medications (or had them still in their systems) when these mass shootings occurred. Most of the time these medications are okay, and most people are not going to have these major side effects, but there is that small percentage of people who will . . . .

I'm not sure, are YOU?

I am sure. Imagine if you had a disease that could be treated with medicine, but instead you were locked up for the rest of your life?

Yes, I've done many reports where a patient is obviously quite dangerous but can only be held for 72 hours and the doctors have to try to restabilize these patients on their meds, and then guess what? They send them right back out the door into the world. I've been quite disgusted with the psychiatric community for quite a while now.

Those people with severe, refractory psychosis are sad cases. The medicine helps, but the disease is so severe that it leads them to stop taking their meds. These people often have case management and witnessed dosing of meds...or even long acting injectible antipsychotics.

But you shouldn't be disgusted with the psych community. They are overwhelmed and understaffed with not enough providers. Plus the government regulations prevent them from doing what might be best for the patient, which might be permanent institutionalization for some people.

One valium daily for 50 days would not cause withdrawal.

And if he did have valium withdrawal, it would be seizures and tremulousness, not psychosis. And especially not very well organized psychosis that forced him to meticulously plan an assault.

I think that your cause and effect might be a little off.

Do you truly think that the homicidality is due to the medication?

Or could the homicidality be due to the underlying reason the medicine is being prescribed?
There are all sorts of side effects of SSRI or even Valium. Rather well documented. Hell, they even give out the warnings while many drugs are advertised and feelings of suicide is one of those.

Not saying that is the reason for the attack. What I am saying this is yet another mass shooting by someone on prescribed drugs. That is the one we know of. Who knows what others?

What we do know as of now is no forensic psychologist has said this fits anything that is typical.

No criminal history of any signficance?

Just an angle that the media won't report and we can bet why that is.

And the mass shooting was by far more likely to be due to the mental illness than from the medication used to treat the mental illness.
Or maybe a side effect, especially if he mixed with alcohol or other drugs.

There are side effects and risks. Which is one of a few reasons why they are not sold over the counter.

Mood altering or SSRI drugs can and have been proven to be dangerous.

The side-effects of mixing benzos and alcohol causes extreme sedation. It does not cause homicidality.

Plus, we know that he brought an arsenal into the room several days before. So this was quite pre-planned when he wasn't on benzos and alcohol.
There are all sorts of side effects. Typically if you are on a benzodiazepines and mixing with alcohol, you tend to become lethargic etc.

However different sorts of psychosis happens if one is experiencing withdrawals of any kind.

It is apparent that this person must have had a slow dissent into madness. Did prescriptions play a part in it? Is it possible he was experiencing severe withdrawals?

The point is all of those mass shootings were committed by people on mood altering or SSRI drugs. Which, all have documented side effects.

The media will ignore those things. So will the politicians. Mainly due to big pharma and the numbers of lobbyists on their behalf in washington.
Millions of people have taken SSRI's and other anti-depressants for decades with positive results. Blaming the drugs is probably not anymore of an answer than better background checks on guns.
Depression, though, can get so bad that it twists the mental apparatus totally out of shape. Many say that depression is anger turned inward. Besides wanting to end your own life, it makes you so roaring angry that you want to take others with you. In doc lingo, that's suicidal/homicidal. Perhaps a Valium wasn't enough or he needed talk therapy along with it (depressed people seldom feel there's anything wrong with their thinking--or if they do, they figure nothing will help, anyway, so why bother talking about it).
Mental health shouldn't be ignored, but the drugs themselves aren't solely to blame.

There are all sorts of side effects of SSRI or even Valium. Rather well documented. Hell, they even give out the warnings while many drugs are advertised and feelings of suicide is one of those.

Not saying that is the reason for the attack. What I am saying this is yet another mass shooting by someone on prescribed drugs. That is the one we know of. Who knows what others?

What we do know as of now is no forensic psychologist has said this fits anything that is typical.

No criminal history of any signficance?

Just an angle that the media won't report and we can bet why that is.

And the mass shooting was by far more likely to be due to the mental illness than from the medication used to treat the mental illness.
Or maybe a side effect, especially if he mixed with alcohol or other drugs.

There are side effects and risks. Which is one of a few reasons why they are not sold over the counter.

Mood altering or SSRI drugs can and have been proven to be dangerous.

The side-effects of mixing benzos and alcohol causes extreme sedation. It does not cause homicidality.

Plus, we know that he brought an arsenal into the room several days before. So this was quite pre-planned when he wasn't on benzos and alcohol.
There are all sorts of side effects. Typically if you are on a benzodiazepines and mixing with alcohol, you tend to become lethargic etc.

However different sorts of psychosis happens if one is experiencing withdrawals of any kind.

It is apparent that this person must have had a slow dissent into madness. Did prescriptions play a part in it? Is it possible he was experiencing severe withdrawals?

The point is all of those mass shootings were committed by people on mood altering or SSRI drugs. Which, all have documented side effects.

The media will ignore those things. So will the politicians. Mainly due to big pharma and the numbers of lobbyists on their behalf in washington.
Millions of people have taken SSRI's and other anti-depressants for decades with positive results. Blaming the drugs is probably not anymore of an answer than better background checks on guns.
Depression, though, can get so bad that it twists the mental apparatus totally out of shape. Many say that depression is anger turned inward. Besides wanting to end your own life, it makes you so roaring angry that you want to take others with you. In doc lingo, that's suicidal/homicidal. Perhaps a Valium wasn't enough or he needed talk therapy along with it (depressed people seldom feel there's anything wrong with their thinking--or if they do, they figure nothing will help, anyway, so why bother talking about it).
Mental health shouldn't be ignored, but the drugs themselves aren't solely to blame.
Look everyone. A lefty ignoring the well documented side effects of mind altering drugs. Had to be the guns. Back to that.

Nothing to big pharma, over prescribing and the fact that ALL of those mass shootings happened to be carried out someone on one of these prescriptions is not worthy of news.

THE GUNS!!!!! CNN SAID IT IS THE GUNS!!!!! HILLARY SAID IT IS THE GUNS!!!!

By the time the racist white media gets through profiling this white bastard, he'll be ready for sainthood.....give me a fuckin break....anybody that does shit like this is fuckin nuts, duh

By the time the racist white media gets through profiling this white bastard, he'll be ready for sainthood.....give me a fuckin break....anybody that does shit like this is fuckin nuts, duh
Blacks are so stupid. Plus they smell.

How does it feel?

We will now see if the mods reprimand me but not you.

BTW, boy. How does it feel to be a slave still of the party of slavery? Didn't mean to AXE you an offensive question. Wait, yeah I did.

We are a nation of drugged up people who can't handle reality. People are put on medicine for all sorts of reasons, some being legit of course, but we are a "medicated nation" quick to get our hands on "feel good" meds. Pretty sad actually.

There have been clinical trials in which patients were given a sugar pill in place of the actual medicine but because they THOUGHT they were on medicine, they would report feeling better. That says a lot, I think.

There have been clinical trials in which patients were given a sugar pill in place of the actual medicine but because they THOUGHT they were on medicine, they would report feeling better. That says a lot, I think.
Yeah, placebo has been proven. Nocebo is the opposite and really the same thing. Some people will psych themselves into being sick. Many addicts will get to a place that they truly believe they are sick. They may in fact have symptoms.

We all know how little we actually control of our own minds. The power of the belief is real. I myself battled addictions. I was at real risk since I recently had hip replacement surgery. There was some real pain and was prescribed percocets. I had a few complications after my surgery (Aug. 21st.) First, my new hip popped out while I was in the hospital. It was around 11pm and I had to wait till the next morning for them to do an xray to confirm it. Meanwhile, my nurse was pumping me full of morphine ever two hours. The pain was unreal.

Then, 2 weeks ago (sept 16th) there was an infection that happened. Had to be transferred down the medical center by ambulance. They went back in(cut me open under general anesthesia) and the pain (muscle pain) is just going away.

Less than a week ago, I took a few too many percocets one night, and I had a bad reaction. Acute stomach pains, weakness, nausea.

Anyway, the prescription addiction is real. I can see how withdrawals will get to a person. If a person is already predisposed to mental illness that has not been diagnosed, then it is a condition for a perfect storm imo.

Stephen Paddock, who killed at least 58 people and wounded hundreds more in Las Vegas on Sunday with high-powered rifles, was prescribed an anti-anxiety drug in June that can lead to aggressive behavior, the Las Vegas Review-Journal has learned.

Records from the Nevada Prescription Monitoring Program obtained Tuesday show Paddock was prescribed 50 10-milligram diazepam tablets by Henderson physician Dr. Steven Winkler on June 21.

A woman who answered the phone at Winkler’s office would not make him available to answer questions and would neither confirm nor deny that Paddock was ever a patient.

-------------

Yeap. Just about every mass killing in this country from columbine to Sandy Hook to VT to the Aurora shooter and now this.

We won't hear much about any of this. The pharmaceutical companies advertise on all of those great media networks, don't they?

Gun companies don't though. Get it? Oh, I am sure it may be a coincidence that all of those shooters were all on an SSRI drug.

Some others that the media sort of left out. Robin Williams was on antidepressants. So was Heath Ledger when he died. So was Chris Cornell.

Good post

Virtually every mass shooter was on psychiatric drugs, a compelling fact the mainstream media – which is funded by Big Pharma ad revenue – is ignoring while covering the Las Vegas shooting.

But it’s a fact worth investigating: the suspect, 64-year-old Stephen Paddock, was “a normal guy who must have snapped,” according to his brother – and his father was described as a “psychopath” who was once on the FBI’s most-wanted list.

So the suspect just “snapped.” Now where have we heard this before? This is the default description given by nearly every friend or relative of a mass shooter....

Most Mass Shootings Linked to SSRIs, But MSM Ignores in Vegas Coverage

-------------

And of course some leftist fk mod put my post in Conspiracy which goes to show they're on the same meds.

ANyway this could have been very helpful for people who are on these meds, or someone who is.

SSRI Stories | Antidepressant Nightmares

Warning
Adverse reactions are most likely to occur when starting or discontinuing the drug, increasing or lowering the dose or when switching from one SSRI to another. Adverse reactions are often diagnosed as bipolar disorder when the symptoms may be entirely iatrogenic (treatment induced). Withdrawal, especially abrupt withdrawal, from any of these medications can cause severe neuropsychiatric and physical symptoms. It is important to withdraw extremely slowly from these drugs, often over a period of a year or more, under the supervision of a qualified and experienced specialist. Withdrawal is sometimes more severe than the original symptoms or problems.

The following RxISK.org research papers and guides deal with dependence and withdrawal and may be helpful:

1. Dependence and Withdrawal
  2. Guide to Stopping Antidepressants
  3. Medicine Induced Stress Syndromes

The drug companies know that their "anti-depressant" drugs can lead to temporary insanity, are the cause of many suicides and murders, and they are trying to suppress the data.

I find it funny that they call it "antidepressant", when the side effects can be so averse and drastic.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back