Pacifism and the Left

The problem with crazy people is that they just dig themselves in deeper. Case in point...:cuckoo:

Can you name some folks who weren't communists, who were harmed by Senator McCarthy.

'Cause, if you can't, then you sound, as you usually do, like you're just making stuff up....

...or mouthing the Left-wing party line.

True, Erroneous Joe?

1) Just being a communist is not a good enough reason to excuse to wreck someone's life. Sorry. Just isn't.

2) How do you define "Communist". Because your definition would be "anyone who doesn't get on her knees and Teabags a plutocrat"....

Now, that said,

Annie Lee Moss - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Senator Stuart Symington then suggested that, as with Rob Hall, the case against Moss might be a matter of mistaken identity. Moss immediately agreed, saying there were three women named Annie Lee Moss in Washington D.C.[17] Symington said, "I may be sticking my neck out and I may be wrong, but I've been listening to you testify this afternoon and I think you're telling the truth."[16] Again there was loud and prolonged applause.

And here's something from a sensible conservative from people trying to rehabilitate McCarthy image.

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/Articles/The Enemy Within.html

The problem with crazy people is that they just dig themselves in deeper. Case in point...:cuckoo:

Can you name some folks who weren't communists, who were harmed by Senator McCarthy.

'Cause, if you can't, then you sound, as you usually do, like you're just making stuff up....

...or mouthing the Left-wing party line.

True, Erroneous Joe?

1) Just being a communist is not a good enough reason to excuse to wreck someone's life. Sorry. Just isn't.

2) How do you define "Communist". Because your definition would be "anyone who doesn't get on her knees and Teabags a plutocrat"....

Now, that said,

Annie Lee Moss - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Senator Stuart Symington then suggested that, as with Rob Hall, the case against Moss might be a matter of mistaken identity. Moss immediately agreed, saying there were three women named Annie Lee Moss in Washington D.C.[17] Symington said, "I may be sticking my neck out and I may be wrong, but I've been listening to you testify this afternoon and I think you're telling the truth."[16] Again there was loud and prolonged applause.

And here's something from a sensible conservative from people trying to rehabilitate McCarthy image.

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/Articles/The Enemy Within.html

1. The communists in question were paid agents of a foreign nation, whose aim was to subvert the government of the United States.

2. According to liberal mythology, Annie Lee Moss, a semi-literate black wash-woman, was hauled before the committee and accused of being a Communist. Moss, in fact, had been “absolutely” identified as a Communist Party member by a reliable FBI informant. (David Oshinsky, A Conspiracy So Immense).

She was listed in the Communist Party’s records. The Party newspaper, the Daily Worker, was delivered to her home- and followed when she moved. (Rogers v. Communist Party of the United States, Subversive Activities Control Board, September 19, 1958).

And, Annie Lee Moss was also working in the Code Room of the Pentagon. At the hearings, Ms. Moss mentioned that there were three other people named Annie Lee Moss in the Washington, DC phonebook. The press, of course, accepted this and called McCarty a demagogue.

Of course, none of the press looked in the phonebook: there were not three other Annie Lee Moss’- just one. At 72 R Street, SW. The same address listed in the Communist Party records. (Thomas C. Reeves, The Life and Times of Joe McCarthy, p.568-569) Even after the hearings, and the Rosenberg Case, the Army rehired her.

The myth was projected by a Broadway play, A Question of Loyalty, in which a phonebook actually had three Moss’.

3. Which brings us right back to: "Can you name some folks who weren't communists, who were harmed by Senator McCarthy."

And, we've just proven that you cannot.

Fraud.

[

Ode to a Fraud...

Oh, no...
Erroneous Joe!
Challenged on facts...
And away he go!

You see, I have something called a "job" where i Can't be here at 11:57 AM, because I'm actually working for a living. You should try it some time.

WHAT????

Can't you see that educating you has become a full time job!!!!

And, now, as I end my refrain, thrust home (apologies to Edmond Rostand)...

Ode to a Fraud...

Oh, no...
Erroneous Joe!
Empty of facts...
He really should know!

Again, to you, anyone who thinks we shouldn't let poor people starve and let rich people run over them with their limos is a "communist".

SOMEONE named Annie Moss might have been a communist, but McCarthy was making silly accusations.

He was censured by a Republican Senate and died when his liver imploded because he was a drunk.

Which is probably why he's your hero. I suspect you are at home all day with your bottle of scotch...

Again, to you, anyone who thinks we shouldn't let poor people starve and let rich people run over them with their limos is a "communist".

SOMEONE named Annie Moss might have been a communist, but McCarthy was making silly accusations.

He was censured by a Republican Senate and died when his liver imploded because he was a drunk.

Which is probably why he's your hero. I suspect you are at home all day with your bottle of scotch...

Poor, poor Erroneous Joe....

You: "SOMEONE named Annie Moss might have been a communist,..."

Me: "....working in the Code Room of the Pentagon."

Deep down, even you must realize how truly obtuse you appear.

You do, don't you?

Get up off the couch, stop watching Jerry Springer and get a job. Seriously.

If you absolutely must pry into my private life, this is a glimpse at how 'the other half' lives: each week I'm generally reading five books.

Books....you remember what they are, don't you?

And, along those lines:

"The Venona papers, together with these archives, made it absolutely clear that the American Communist Party was from its beginning the willing agent of Soviet intelligence, obedient to its orders, financed by its contributions, and serving not only as a propaganda organ for Soviet policies but as a generous source for the recruitment of agents who would thereupon influence American policy and gladly commit espionage as well. It is now plain that by 1945 every important branch of the American government, from the White House itself to the State Department, the Defense Department, the Justice Department, the Treasury Department, the Office of Strategic Services (predecessor to the CIA), and the Office of War Information, to name only a few, was infested with Communists busily doing the work of the Soviet Union.

Moreover, it is obvious that a penetration so complete would have been impossible if the Communists had not been able to depend on the blindness or indifference of many of the far larger number of ordinary liberals who dominated the Roosevelt Administration. As early as the late 1930s, even known Communists in government were often regarded by their colleagues as merely "liberals in a hurry." And during the war, of course, they could be excused as simply enthusiasts for America's doughty ally, "good old Joe."
A review of "Reds: McCarthyism in Twentieth-Century America," by Ted Morgan

Did you see the reference to you, Erroneous?

"...the blindness or indifference of many of the far larger number of ordinary liberals..."

The counter, of course, was the American hero, Senator Joseph McCarthy.

Here, let me start you off with your default tripe: "...nobody believes...."

Guardsman, peace-loving landlady are at odds over apartment rental

“It just is not going to be comfortable for us without a doubt. It probably would be better for you to look for a place that is a little bit less politically active and controversial,” Roberts told Morgan, according to his complaint."

Guardsman, peace-loving landlady are at odds over apartment rental - BostonHerald.com

Wolfy, l am so sorry that I missed this one yesterday....it fits so perfectly with the essence of the OP:

A liberal who won't rent to a former serviceman because the Liberal hates the military!

Rep on the way.

Again, to you, anyone who thinks we shouldn't let poor people starve and let rich people run over them with their limos is a "communist". ...

Statements like that are ONE reason no one takes you seriously, you idiot.

“It just is not going to be comfortable for us without a doubt. It probably would be better for you to look for a place that is a little bit less politically active and controversial,” Roberts told Morgan, according to his complaint."

Guardsman, peace-loving landlady are at odds over apartment rental - BostonHerald.com

Wolfy, l am so sorry that I missed this one yesterday....it fits so perfectly with the essence of the OP:

A liberal who won't rent to a former serviceman because the Liberal hates the military!

Rep on the way.

It's her property, she should have the right to refuse to rent to anybody for whatever reason she sees fit.

Rep on the way.

It's her property, she should have the right to refuse to rent to anybody for whatever reason she sees fit.

Now, focus like a laser: there is no discussion here as to the rectitude of her decision...

....merely that it serves as evidence of the OP.

Really? What if she refused to rent to someone because they were black, or gay, or Jewish, or disabled? That would be ok with you?

Rep on the way.

Now, focus like a laser: there is no discussion here as to the rectitude of her decision...

I didn't say that there was, I was merely making an observation.

Really? What if she refused to rent to someone because they were black, or gay, or Jewish, or disabled? That would be ok with you?

No, it wouldn't be "ok" with me, anymore than not renting to a veteran is "ok" with me. However, she should have the right to refuse for any reason, including the reasons you listed.

No, it wouldn't be "ok" with me, anymore than not renting to a veteran is "ok" with me. However, she should have the right to refuse for any reason, including the reasons you listed.

The Supreme Court disagrees with you.

I didn't say that there was, I was merely making an observation.

In that case, let me make a personal observation: I would have no problem with the property owner making that decision for any reason whatsoever. Including the ones our other friend, Unkotare, mentioned.

Forum List

Back