Will Bloomy/NYC ban BEER now?

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
As anyone who is into fitness/nutrition will know, the body processes alcohol as a sugar. Exactly the same shit. ITs why beer guts happen.

If Bloomy and NYC are gonna ban ANY sugary drink over 16oz, will they also ban all beers over 16oz? That, technically, is a sugary drink. Will be interested to see if they realize this.

Yeah I read that in the paper this morning..........

Just another example of government being the Nazi's they are.

I would love to know - in what universe is it the governments business what people eat/drink or ingest???

This nanny state bullshit has to end...

I am pretty sure they are eyeing beer/alcohol and looking to ban it, or tax the living fuck out of it until a 40 ounce costs $18.

I am pretty sure they are eyeing beer/alcohol and looking to ban it, or tax the living fuck out of it until a 40 ounce costs $18.

Interesting. It used to be, before the Income Tax Amendment, the federal government got MOST of their money from alcohol taxes. What's old may become new again.

From what I heard a pack of smokes costs $12 in New York, they may look to head the same way with alcohol.

As anyone who is into fitness/nutrition will know, the body processes alcohol as a sugar. Exactly the same shit. ITs why beer guts happen.

If Bloomy and NYC are gonna ban ANY sugary drink over 16oz, will they also ban all beers over 16oz? That, technically, is a sugary drink. Will be interested to see if they realize this.

You should read what you write before posting.

Beer and Wine are worse for you than soda if not drank in moderation.
Thus - the OP has an excellent point - and shows, once again - the loony left in motion.

Yep. I knew I had a great point. NOT because I thought of something or was clever. But just simple science....that the body processes alcohol as a sugar. A beer may as well be a Pepsi, as far as sugar is concerned.

So, will NYC's massive bar scene, and it's huge alcohol sales, be affected if ALL sugary drinks over 16 oz are banned? Bye bye draft beers, right? Bet Yankee Stadium wont like that.

While I don't see what good this type of ban will do, I do agree that pop consumption does add to our obesity rate. I was beginning to gain weight, so I cut pop out completely, switching to water. This has turned into a net loss of over 2500 calories per week for me. I also dropped the flavored creamers in my coffee, which resulted in a loss of close to 1000 calories more. Just between the two, I dropped 3500 calories per week, which is the amount necessary to drop on pound of weight. Since that time, on top of working out, I have lost 12 to 14 pounds and am at an optimal weight. I did all this after I quit smoking and while I began to eat even more due to working out. Now I am just eating better calories and burning more off.

Jesus. On has to wonder who these assholes in Govt think they are??

Where do they get the idea that they can tell folks what they can or can't eat or drink??

Talk about overreaching.

You can't drink beer in public in NYC.

But for the Conservative hero Bloomberg..wine in Central Park is fine.

:eusa_shhh:

I would love to know - in what universe is it the governments business what people eat/drink or ingest???

Bloomberg's a conservative like you..

Except he doesn't hate non-christians and minorities..

Like you.

He's quite the social conservative that wants to make your choices for you. I hate social conservatives.

Besides his opposition to the Living Wage, what makes Bloomberg a "Conservative"?

Also, we've come a long way from "Gangs of New York", no?

He's quite the social conservative that wants to make your choices for you. I hate social conservatives.

He's not a social conservative.

This is a fiscal thing.

If you had a visit to NYC emergency rooms..you'd see they were chock full of obese people.

Besides his opposition to the Living Wage, what makes Bloomberg a "Conservative"?

Also, we've come a long way from "Gangs of New York", no?

Ah..the good old days.

When you could roll a drunk and give the copper on the corner a buck to look the other way...

That..is some fine capitalism!

Bloomberg's a conservative like you..

Except he doesn't hate non-christians and minorities..

Like you.

Bloomberg really is not a conservative, but that is actually a good thing. He actually has the ability to look at an issue and make an informed decision based on potential outcome rather than just running with a political ideology.

Forum List

Back