Outrageous: Obama Issues Permits To Kill Our Symbol Of Freedom, The Bald Eagle

chenyshoot2.gif

I have a problem hunting our national symbol.

Republicans hunt the middle class.
All politicians are for themselves and the rich, libtards just lie and tell everyone they are the good guys. They have proven otherwise over and over again, especially since obamaturd was elected.

Some examples then, dittohead....

2 Bald Eages for the Arapaho ceremony seems reasonable- since Dems have saved them from the endangered list...

Anything to avoid discussion of horrible pub policy...cut the bloated rich's taxes and destroy Medicare/aid and health reform anyone? Attack Iran with no evidence they're trying to build a bomb? Do all the same deregulating that caused the financial meltdown and the oil spill? Gotcha...

Is this outrageous or not? This is a attack on our symbol of freedom, the bald eagle. What does this tell us about this man that sits in the White House? Would Teddy Roosevelt approve, or any other American president? I don't know about you but I cherish the Bald Eagle with pride and patriotism. Do you?

Permit to Kill Bald Eagles Granted by Obama Administration | Conservative Byte

Permit to Kill Bald Eagles Granted by Obama Administration

Posted on March 14, 2012 by Conservative Byte

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has taken the unusual step of issuing a permit allowing an American Indian tribe in Wyoming to kill two bald eagles for religious purposes.

The agency’s decision comes after the Northern Arapaho Tribe filed a federal lawsuit last year contending the refusal to issue such permits violates tribal members’ religious freedom. Although thousands of American Indians apply for eagle feathers and carcasses from a federal repository, permits allowing the killing of bald eagles are exceedingly rare, according to both tribal and legal experts on the matter.

The peoples of the First Nations were not the ones that put the raptors in danger of extinction from the use of DDT. They are not asking for permits for sport, but for the purpose of the feathers that have been used in their religious ceremonies from time immemorial.

Just another asshole thread full of false indignity in order to express your dislike of President Obama.

Is this outrageous or not? This is a attack on our symbol of freedom, the bald eagle. What does this tell us about this man that sits in the White House? Would Teddy Roosevelt approve, or any other American president? I don't know about you but I cherish the Bald Eagle with pride and patriotism. Do you?

I don't know who the fuck you are but I now exactly WHAT you are.

You're an anti-Obama troll that spews bullshit that makes the rest of us legitimately sane conservatives get lumped into your shit-pile brand of wackiness.

You've been here for 2 weeks, or less and have already racked up more than 100 posts?
:cuckoo:

The very first paragraph of your obviously partisan link makes your OP nothing but a LIE.
The only thing I hate worse than bullshit is a fucking LIAR.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has taken the unusual step of issuing a permit allowing an American Indian tribe in Wyoming to kill two bald eagles for religious purposes.

1) It was the wildlife service that granted the permit.
NOT Obama, shit-stain.

2) The "free exercise thereof" religion trumps a protection statute for a symbol.

This is the first post of yours I have witnessed.
I hope things improve, and soon.

It's about religion.

When did the right care about something after it's born?

See what I mean, Shitslinger?

It's retards just like this freak that takes a bullshit post from a hack-troll and tries to link it to the entire "right".

:eusa_boohoo:

The Bald Eagle is on the endangered species list.

Either obama supports the protection of disappearing species or he doesn't.

He doesn't. Unless it's a rat, or a 1/2 in long fish. Pretty selective.

If we are going to support killing anything in the name of religious ritual, why isn't this extended to human sacrifice, or is this being premature?

False

Species Profile for Bald eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus)

Listing Status: Delisted due to Recovery

Beck and Drudge etc are already going nuts with this. It is atypical of Pubcrappe in that some real journalists are also covering this. You're making more sense than usual, Horty. Kudos.

You're an anti-Obama troll that spews bullshit that makes the rest of us legitimately sane conservatives get lumped into your shit-pile brand of wackiness.

You've been here for 2 weeks, or less and have already racked up more than 100 posts?

The very first paragraph of your obviously partisan link makes your OP nothing but a LIE.

NOT Obama, shit-stain.

2) The "free exercise thereof" religion trumps a protection statute for a symbol.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service operates under the Obama administration. He is responsible for their actions. This news has to be reported. This is a unpatriotic move by the president.

Mudslinger

If we are going to support killing anything in the name of religious ritual, why isn't this extended to human sacrifice, or is this being premature?

False

How ever they are protected under U.S. Code, Section 16, Chapter 703
PROTECTION OF MIGRATORY GAME AND INSECTIVOROUS BIRDS
http://uscode.house.gov/download/pls/16C7.txt

Which was also part of a treaty signed with Canada.

NOT Obama, shit-stain.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service operates under the Obama administration. He is responsible for their actions. This news has to be reported. This is a unpatriotic move by the president.

Mudslinger
yes and the military is under the direct command of the president, but did the right blame Bush for the Abu Grabass fiasco?

The fact is unless the president did some direct action which authorized this the parties actually involved are responsible.
Of course Abu Grabass could not have happened if we had not invaded and occupied Iraq...

Last edited:

False

From your link:
the Secretary of the Interior is authorized and directed,
from time to time, having due regard to the zones of temperature
and to the distribution, abundance, economic value, breeding
habits, and times and lines of migratory flight of such birds, to
determine when, to what extent, if at all, and by what means, it is
compatible with the terms of the conventions to allow hunting,
taking, capture, killing, possession, sale, purchase, shipment,
transportation, carriage, or export of any such bird, or any part,
nest, or egg thereof, and to adopt suitable regulations permitting
and governing the same, in accordance with such determinations,
which regulations shall become effective when approved by the
President.

From your link:
the Secretary of the Interior is authorized and directed,
from time to time, having due regard to the zones of temperature
and to the distribution, abundance, economic value, breeding
habits, and times and lines of migratory flight of such birds, to
determine when, to what extent, if at all, and by what means, it is
compatible with the terms of the conventions to allow hunting,
taking, capture, killing, possession, sale, purchase, shipment,
transportation, carriage, or export of any such bird, or any part,
nest, or egg thereof, and to adopt suitable regulations permitting
and governing the same, in accordance with such determinations,
which regulations shall become effective when approved by the
President.

Did that come from the MIGRATORY BIRD TREATY section or the other section?

C'mon, you can do better than this. it is a ceremony of significance to many American Indians, and the Bald Eagle eats carrion. Why whine about killing a glorified vulture?

Forum List

Back