Obama's gonna win in November...

bayoubill

aka Sheik Yerbouti...
Dec 30, 2008
Cajun Country
believe me, I don't want it to happen...

but as things now stand, Romney's got no more chance of winning the presidential election than a coupla other decent guys who went before him... Ford in '76... Dole in '96...

moreover, if either of the far-right nut-job magnets (Santorum and Gingrich) gets the nod, the GOP will embarrassingly crash and burn just as Goldwater did in '64...

I can see a man who is unpopular winning election but not one as despised as obama is now, with disgust rising like bile in the national throat every day.

He has completely alienated entire demographic groups, the same ones that put him in office last time.

He thinks that the hard core left, blacks and gays is all he needs. We'll see.

<threads merged>

might as well get used to the reality of it now...

Last edited by a moderator:
I do think Obama will win, the GOP appears to be mid fracture. You have a huge growth of Paul supporters/libertarians and the GOP rags on them, but then wants their votes in the GE, lol. You have a massive anti Romney vote even when the news nonstop says Mitt can't be beat at this point. Even if Santorum beats Mitt that only makes it worse on Republicans because Santorum will failed horribly to gain traction with Paul supporters/libertarians AND independents. Santorum/Newt have it the worst because they would inspire Dems to vote to keep them out of office.

In the end we will just have to see. However aftere watching the Republican primaries I have no faith that votes are even counted on any level honestly so it's really a toss up.

I don't think so... I think that no matter who the GOP decides to put up against Obama, they will win. Obama is a one-term loser and will be kicked out of Washington like a drunk sailor is tossed out of a bar.

I don't think so... I think that no matter who the GOP decides to put up against Obama, they will win. Obama is a one-term loser and will be kicked out of Washington like a drunk sailor is tossed out of a bar.

That's no fun. I want him in leg irons, handcuffs and dragged out with the Golden Yeti beside him.
\

but as things now stand, Romney's got no more chance of winning the presidential election than a coupla other decent guys who went before him... Ford in '76... Dole in '96...

moreover, if either of the far-right nut-job magnets (Santorum and Gingrich) gets the nod, the GOP will embarrassingly crash and burn just as Goldwater did in '64...

I concur with your conclusion, but not your assessment.

Romney is the return of John Kerry. And the results will be the same.

Americans don't want a waffling flip flopper as president. They want someone stolid in their convictions. Romney's only conviction is he wants to be president...and he'll float whatever platitudes are necessary to achieve that goal.

It's like he has a glass head, you can see right through every position he espouses...and behind it there is nothing.

Santorum has a shot...the guy is honest to a fault. He is literally the anti-Romney. instead of telling folks what they want to hear...he is brutally forthright in response to every question about his personal andpolitical positions. That is what I like about him most...he won't be cowed into burying his true thoughts and feelings on any position...and it provides fuel for the Obama machines narrative.

Gingrich probably has the best chance of winning...even with his negatives...but his pile of baggage is so enormous that it is difficult for Gingrich-presidential-candidate to emerge from it's shadow.

I said the same thing in December 2010...nothing has changed.

All we can hope for is a brokered convention and a new candidate.

But who?

Not Palin...she quit her last executive job.

Not Christie...He doesn't want the job.

Not Jeb Bush...Who wants another Bush?

Gov Bobby Jindal...not well enough known.

Gov Mitch Daniels...not well enough known.

So who?

Depends. If Santorum wins then Obama wins. It Romney wins, then Obama has a contest. Obama has $1 bil dollars to campaign with. Not small patatoes. Romney is spending a ton of his war chest on the primaries. If the FAUX unemployment gets into the 7%s then Romney has an uphill battle.

With Romney's candidacy it is too far away to intelligently predict or calculate what the unkown uknowns are, and or how they will change perceptions, but...

With the lunatics fighting Romney for the nomination, the possibilities of a win for any of them are far outweighed by the probabilities. Too much would have to happen. not saying it can't or won't, just that the probabilities just are loaded against things.

are people that gullible that they don't see that releasing emergency oil reserves last time was getting us conditioned to do that for the election ?

will people believe he killed bin laden again a week before the election.

someone said last night.. obama could shoot lincoln and still get elected, he's that smooth.....

Forum List

Back