Outrageous: Obama Issues Permits To Kill Our Symbol Of Freedom, The Bald Eagle

Amazing how accomodating BO can be for NON-Christian religions....:mad:

Thankfully the Bald Eagle was finally taken off the threatened list in 2007...

Was it? I didn't think it was. News to me.

And the Bush administration took it a step further, and proposed a limited take of both bald and golden eagles.

In addition, the Service is accepting public comments on a proposal to establish a permit program under the Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act that would allow a limited take of bald and golden eagles. Any take authorized would be consistent with the purpose and goal of the Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act, ensuring eagle populations remain healthy and sustainable.

The Bald Eagle is on the endangered species list.

No it isn't. It was removed from the endangered list in '95, and the endangered/threatened list altogether in '07.

Bald eagle soars off endangered list - CNN

press release: U.S. Department of the Interior - News Release - Bald Eagle Soars Off Endangered Species List Secretary Kempthorne: The eagle has returned

Hi Emma! Haven't seen you in a while.

Hi there !!!!

The Bald Eagle is on the endangered species list.

No it isn't. It was removed from the endangered list in '95, and the endangered/threatened list altogether in '07.

Bald eagle soars off endangered list - CNN

press release: U.S. Department of the Interior - News Release - Bald Eagle Soars Off Endangered Species List Secretary Kempthorne: The eagle has returned

I thought I remembered reading that.

I don't like the idea of this. One reason is that the Bald Eagle is our national symbol, but I have to ask this, aren't Native American Tribes sovereign nations on their own? Do we have a legal right to prevent them from killing all the eagles they want?

I think we should be glad it is only two they are seeking at the moment.

Immie

In fact obama will be allowing the violation of Bald Eagle Protection Act of 1940

Bald Eagle Protection Act of 1940

Bald Eagle Protection Act of 1940 (16 U.S.C. 668-668d, 54 Stat. 250) as amended -- Approved June 8, 1940, and amended by P.L 86-70 (73 Stat. 143) June 25, 1959; P.L. 87-884 (76 Stat. 1346) October 24, 1962; P.L. 92-535 (86 Stat. 1064) October 23, 1972; and P.L. 95-616 (92 Stat. 3114) November 8, 1978.
This law provides for the protection of the bald eagle (the national emblem) and the golden eagle by prohibiting, except under certain specified conditions, the taking, possession and commerce of such birds. The 1972 amendments increased penalties for violating provisions of the Act or regulations issued pursuant thereto and strengthened other enforcement measures. Rewards are provided for information leading to arrest and conviction for violation of the Act.

The 1978 amendment authorizes the Secretary of the Interior to permit the taking of golden eagle nests that interfere with resource development or recovery operations. (See also the Migratory Bird Treaty Act and the Endangered Species Act.)

A 1994 Memorandum (59 F.R. 22953, April 29, 1994) from President William J. Clinton to the heads of Executive Agencies and Departments sets out the policy concerning collection and distribution of eagle feathers for Native American religious purposes.
And U.S. Code, Section 16, Chapter 703

http://uscode.house.gov/download/pls/16C7.txt
Since the Eagle is a bird of prey it's still protected.
Protected Species
The law protects 1,007 migratory and insectivorous game birds including songbirds, birds of prey, ducks, geese, gulls, shorebirds and wading birds. Most birds are protected except "some introduced birds, including European Starlings and House Sparrows, and some agricultural pests, such as Red-winged Blackbirds," and there are legal hunting seasons for some other birds, according to the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation.

Read more: Federal Migratory Bird Law | eHow.com Federal Migratory Bird Law | eHow.com

I thought I remembered reading that.

I don't like the idea of this. One reason is that the Bald Eagle is our national symbol, but I have to ask this, aren't Native American Tribes sovereign nations on their own? Do we have a legal right to prevent them from killing all the eagles they want?

I think we should be glad it is only two they are seeking at the moment.

Immie

Indeed ... that seems to be what they were up against:

“I’ve not heard of a take permit for a bald eagle,” Steve Moore, lawyer with the Native American Rights Fund, or NARF, in Boulder, Colo., said Tuesday. “I see it and NARF would see it as a legitimate expression of sovereignty by the tribe, and respect for that sovereignty by the Fish and Wildlife Service.”

Is this outrageous or not? This is a attack on our symbol of freedom, the bald eagle. What does this tell us about this man that sits in the White House? Would Teddy Roosevelt approve, or any other American president? I don't know about you but I cherish the Bald Eagle with pride and patriotism. Do you?

Permit to Kill Bald Eagles Granted by Obama Administration | Conservative Byte

Yes, I do, but this comes as no surprise. Obama is rounding up minorties votes, as he knows he has lost the majority of Independents. It is all purely political.....

imagesCAQ8PF7E-2.jpg

In fact obama will be allowing the violation of Bald Eagle Protection Act of 1940

Bald Eagle Protection Act of 1940 (16 U.S.C. 668-668d, 54 Stat. 250) as amended -- Approved June 8, 1940, and amended by P.L 86-70 (73 Stat. 143) June 25, 1959; P.L. 87-884 (76 Stat. 1346) October 24, 1962; P.L. 92-535 (86 Stat. 1064) October 23, 1972; and P.L. 95-616 (92 Stat. 3114) November 8, 1978.
This law provides for the protection of the bald eagle (the national emblem) and the golden eagle by prohibiting, except under certain specified conditions, the taking, possession and commerce of such birds. The 1972 amendments increased penalties for violating provisions of the Act or regulations issued pursuant thereto and strengthened other enforcement measures. Rewards are provided for information leading to arrest and conviction for violation of the Act.

The 1978 amendment authorizes the Secretary of the Interior to permit the taking of golden eagle nests that interfere with resource development or recovery operations. (See also the Migratory Bird Treaty Act and the Endangered Species Act.)

A 1994 Memorandum (59 F.R. 22953, April 29, 1994) from President William J. Clinton to the heads of Executive Agencies and Departments sets out the policy concerning collection and distribution of eagle feathers for Native American religious purposes.

Protected Species
The law protects 1,007 migratory and insectivorous game birds including songbirds, birds of prey, ducks, geese, gulls, shorebirds and wading birds. Most birds are protected except "some introduced birds, including European Starlings and House Sparrows, and some agricultural pests, such as Red-winged Blackbirds," and there are legal hunting seasons for some other birds, according to the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation.

Read more: Federal Migratory Bird Law | eHow.com Federal Migratory Bird Law | eHow.com

Note the bolded. Would he be violating the act?

Immie

Is this outrageous or not? This is a attack on our symbol of freedom, the bald eagle. What does this tell us about this man that sits in the White House? Would Teddy Roosevelt approve, or any other American president? I don't know about you but I cherish the Bald Eagle with pride and patriotism. Do you?

It's about religion.

When did the right care about something after it's born?

Since its an opportunity to tell more lies about the president.

If it were within his power to deny this religious ceremony and if had done that, they would be whining about lack of religious freedom. Fact is, the right cares only about lying to further their anti-American agenda.

Wann see some eagles? C'mon down here to LBL. Better hope none of those dudes shit on your car, though! Ewwwwww..........

Protected Species

Immie

This is why I posted two links they are also protected U.S. Code, Section 16, Chapter 703 bird of prey.

aren't Native American Tribes sovereign nations on their own? Do we have a legal right to prevent them from killing all the eagles they want?
Yes, and...no, kinda. It depends on the issue. I have a friend from college that works for NARF. I'll be asking.

aren't Native American Tribes sovereign nations on their own? Do we have a legal right to prevent them from killing all the eagles they want?
Yes, and...no, kinda. It depends on the issue. I have a friend from college that works for NARF. I'll be asking.

Yes they are. But sometimes they have ceremonies other places. A couple weeks ago, there was an owl dead in the street in Murray. But no one would dare pick it up.

Protected Species

Immie

This is why I posted two links they are also protected U.S. Code, Section 16, Chapter 703 bird of prey.

My eyes are getting tired... we won't mention age now will we! I missed the second link.

Immie

You are Right! There should not be any special privileges of any kind for any religion of any kind. The GOP should run on that!:badgrin:

Forum List

Back