Outrageous: Obama Issues Permits To Kill Our Symbol Of Freedom, The Bald Eagle

• Banned
Is this outrageous or not? This is a attack on our symbol of freedom, the bald eagle. What does this tell us about this man that sits in the White House? Would Teddy Roosevelt approve, or any other American president? I don't know about you but I cherish the Bald Eagle with pride and patriotism. Do you?

Permit to Kill Bald Eagles Granted by Obama Administration | Conservative Byte

It is for a Indian ceremony, I am no Barry lover buts the OP is lame.

So do you approve of this killing?

Does the government have any constitutional standing to prohibit it? I love eagles and wildlife in general but it looks like someone wanted to make a constitutional case here and won.

Amazing how accomodating BO can be for NON-Christian religions....:mad:

Thankfully the Bald Eagle was finally taken off the threatened list in 2007...

Is this outrageous or not? This is a attack on our symbol of freedom, the bald eagle. What does this tell us about this man that sits in the White House? Would Teddy Roosevelt approve, or any other American president? I don't know about you but I cherish the Bald Eagle with pride and patriotism. Do you?

It's about religion.

When did the right care about something after it's born?

Good. Birds are annoying. They fly around, making noise and shit on things.

I really don't see how great they are.

It tells me his administration upholds the First Amendment.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has taken the unusual step of issuing a permit allowing an American Indian tribe in Wyoming to kill two bald eagles for religious purposes.

The agency’s decision comes after the Northern Arapaho Tribe filed a federal lawsuit last year contending the refusal to issue such permits violates tribal members’ religious freedom. Although thousands of American Indians apply for eagle feathers and carcasses from a federal repository, permits allowing the killing of bald eagles are exceedingly rare, according to both tribal and legal experts on the matter.

“I’ve not heard of a take permit for a bald eagle,” Steve Moore, lawyer with the Native American Rights Fund, or NARF, in Boulder, Colo., said Tuesday. “I see it and NARF would see it as a legitimate expression of sovereignty by the tribe, and respect for that sovereignty by the Fish and Wildlife Service.”

But I see why you didn't want to quote or explain how many birds are involved or the reason the permit was granted.

These two birds for this purpose? Yes.

I do. Wasn't it their bald eagle first?

The Bald Eagle is on the endangered species list.

Either obama supports the protection of disappearing species or he doesn't.

He doesn't. Unless it's a rat, or a 1/2 in long fish. Pretty selective.

If we are going to support killing anything in the name of religious ritual, why isn't this extended to human sacrifice, or is this being premature?

Amazing how accomodating BO can be for NON-Christian religions....:mad:

Thankfully the Bald Eagle was finally taken off the threatened list in 2007...

Was it? I didn't think it was. News to me.

I'm waiting for resurrection of some Aztec celebration where they get a permit to rip the heart out of a living person. Surely some liberal will step up and consent.

Forum List

Back