Outdoor smoking bans

29wlv6r.jpg

We never finished our conversation about this, did we...

No, and it's been on my mind. I wonder if having quit smoking and now perhaps being one of those who would rather not be subjected to other people's smoke has changed your views.
Last week I went to a concert at a club that allowed smoking and I couldn't resist doing just that. Some goofy blond came up to me and started screeching, why do I have to put up with your bullshit? It took me a while to figure out what she was talking about...I told her, wellll dear, you've just payed $25 for the privilege.

Was that you by any chance?
I would have told the bitch it was her choice to come to a club that allows smoking and to shut the fuck up. My mom has some guy pull the same crap at a park. My mom was away from everyone else smoking plus it was winter so there was hardly anyone in the park. The guy had to walk about thirty feet over to her to bitch about her smoking. She just told him not to stand by her.

Smoke all you want. Yep, Darwin had a theory about that. Just don't share that suicidal second hand stupidity with the rest of us.

Smoke all you want. Yep, Darwin had a theory about that. Just don't share that suicidal second hand stupidity with the rest of us.

1. Absolutely no evidence, not even circumstantial, that second hand smoke hurts anyone, that's why they had to drop that angle of attack completely, the anti-smoking groups got their asses handed to them over it by smokers and in order to keep looking even a tiny bit credible they had to drop it. So don't lie about it.

2. Outside it doesn't matter, or did you miss the memo ... there is a LOT of air outside and the less than 15% of the population that smokes will not make you inhale any of it anyway.

2. Outside it doesn't matter, or did you miss the memo ... there is a LOT of air outside and the less than 15% of the population that smokes will not make you inhale any of it anyway.

even though KittenKoder is always wrong i have to agree here.

there is a lot of air outside and compared to the amount of pollutants released into it by various industrial plants ... cigarette smoke is rather inconsequential.

smoking should be prohibited in indoor public spaces just like taking a shit in the middle of the street would be prohibited - because somebody might step into it.

on the other hand smoking outside is like taking a shit in a public sewer.

i don't smoke. but i am sure my car produces more pollutants than a person smoking a cigarette. that's why i don't drive my car indoors.

We never finished our conversation about this, did we...

No, and it's been on my mind. I wonder if having quit smoking and now perhaps being one of those who would rather not be subjected to other people's smoke has changed your views.
Last week I went to a concert at a club that allowed smoking and I couldn't resist doing just that. Some goofy blond came up to me and started screeching, why do I have to put up with your bullshit? It took me a while to figure out what she was talking about...I told her, wellll dear, you've just payed $25 for the privilege.

Was that you by any chance?
Nope, it wasn't me. I always ask smokers in a polite, non confrontational way to please keep their smoke away from me and I've never had a bad reaction from anyone. They move away or put out the cigarette and some even apologize. One teenage boy at a bus stop scowled but he did move away.

Last edited:
See there? Problem solved.

I wish. Ang's view is that everyone else should leave so the non smoker can stay.
When have I ever said smokers should leave? All they have to do is put out their stinking cigarettes. You'd think any decent person would do that anyway when in the presence of other people.

Fuck that. A decent person isn't suppose to fuck with drug addicts or discriminate against us in any way ... :eusa_whistle:

See there? Problem solved.

I wish. Ang's view is that everyone else should leave so the non smoker can stay.
When have I ever said smokers should leave?

Your position in the past has always been that if you get a job in a bar where people have traditionally been able to smoke, then once you start work there if someone wants to smoke you think they should leave the bar in order to do so.

So, therefore, you think smokers should leave so that you can stay.

Or are you changing your position?

Your position in the past has always been that if you get a job in a bar where people have traditionally been able to smoke, then once you start work there if someone wants to smoke you think they should leave the bar in order to do so.

I have always said no one should have to breath anyone else's secondhand smoke on any work place. Construe that any way you wish.

I have always said no one should have to breath anyone else's secondhand smoke on any work place. Construe that any way you wish.

So they can find a job where the ones in charge agree with them instead of forcing private businesses to conform to your wishes ... :eusa_whistle:

So they can find a job where the ones in charge agree with them instead of forcing private businesses to conform to your wishes ... :eusa_whistle:
The ones in charge, the government, agree with them.

I suppose you are in favor of allowing asbestos and lead paint to be used as construction materials in private businesses?

I suppose you are in favor of allowing asbestos and lead paint to be used as construction materials in private businesses?

absolutely

gotta light?

absolutely

gotta light?
At least you're not a hypotwit. But you're going to have to chew that cigarette, not smoke it, if you want your fix.

Or else no more Slippery Nipples for you, mister!

Forum List

Back