Outdoor smoking bans

I bet we could find a cure for cancer if you raised the price from $7 pack
to $100 pack and that extra $93 went into cancer research.

Good Idea ?
Baltimore Bob

Its a unhealthy and it lets off 2nd hand smoke that does anyone nearby no healthy favors! I'd prefer people for themselves just gave it up entirely and I already made adjustments to stay away from people while they smoke.

Oh and let's not forget about 3rd hand smoke. It's the newest danger that's been found for you to stay away from, ya know. I wondered how it was that the victim of 2nd hand smoke could pass their breathing on to a 3rd party and THEIR breathing was gonna affect YOU. Damned if it isn't just another buzz-word to getcha goin' cuz 3rd hand smoke is REALLY whatcha call the stuff that clings to the smokers' clothes or furniture. HOLY SHIT! It's 2nd hand perfume!

Still no proven evidence that second hand hurts anyone. None, zero, ziltch, only speculation and circumstantial.

Uh...come on over here and smoke in my presence if you want to have some fun watching someone sneeze uncontrollably.

Difference, I'm allergic to dairy, but almost all foods contain it, so your point?

Do you really not get it?
If he stands next to you drinking a glass of milk will it enter your lungs and bloodstream?

Still no proven evidence that second hand hurts anyone. None, zero, ziltch, only speculation and circumstantial.

Uh...come on over here and smoke in my presence if you want to have some fun watching someone sneeze uncontrollably.

So, my mother sneezes when you put a cat in front of her... Shoud we outlaw them too... Relax man, it's not like we don't have any respect for people that don't smoke... We try to do what we can to keep it to ourselves. Or at least I do.... Maybe other people are assholes about it...

I'm glad you're one of the more considerate smokers.

Cats and cars are not comparable to cigarettes. Cats and cars and many other things which cause pollution or allergic reactions also serve useful purposes. For example, cars are needed to for driving smokers to the hospital when they have heart attacks. Cigarettes serve absolutely no useful purpose and those who want to drug themselves with nicotine have other, less offensive methods for ingesting it, so banning cigarettes is much less complicated than restricting the use of petroleum as fuel or requiring catalytic converters.

I never fail to marvel at the ability of some people to want to tell other people what to do.

whatever happened to reasonable accommodation? SMOKING SECTIONS... indoor and outdoor... restaurants being allowed to choose whether they want to service smokers or nonsmokers....

people should leave people alone to their bad habits while leaving space for the people who don't want to be bothered by those habits.

now for the person who wants to make it illegal for the guy in the car next to mine to pick his nose....

we can talk.

People enjoy telling private businesses what to do too much, that's what happened.

Outdoor smoking bans are an excellent idea.

We never finished our conversation about this, did we...

No, and it's been on my mind. I wonder if having quit smoking and now perhaps being one of those who would rather not be subjected to other people's smoke has changed your views.

To a degree. I do find it difficult sometimes to be in a smoky environment and not want a cigarette. I'm glad not to be spending all that money. I feel healthier and my clothes and hair don't smell of smoke.

None of which is cause for legislation about second hand smoke.

Outdoor smoking bans are an excellent idea.

No, and it's been on my mind. I wonder if having quit smoking and now perhaps being one of those who would rather not be subjected to other people's smoke has changed your views.
Last week I went to a concert at a club that allowed smoking and I couldn't resist doing just that. Some goofy blond came up to me and started screeching, why do I have to put up with your bullshit? It took me a while to figure out what she was talking about...I told her, wellll dear, you've just payed $25 for the privilege.

Was that you by any chance?

Last week I went to a concert at a club that allowed smoking and I couldn't resist doing just that. Some goofy blond came up to me and started screeching, why do I have to put up with your bullshit? It took me a while to figure out what she was talking about...I told her, wellll dear, you've just payed $25 for the privilege.

Was that you by any chance?

Sounds like you were the one putting up with bullshit.

Oh for God sake!

You don't have two legs? You can't just walk away?

How about we ban death?

Go back West of Eden?

I mean really now.

I THINK smoking is nasty makes me sick but my bf is very good about not doing it around me he hangs it out the window or soemthing I do feel like some places shouldnt have smoking but that dont mean the goverment should take that right away from those who want to.... im just stateing some places like places you eat but in a bar go ahead its a bar lol but when none smokers trying to eat while breathing in smoke even the none smoker section kind of still bothers us well me anyway. Try taking a bite of food then breathing in smoke lol not good lol......... I say smoke if you want its not healthy but your choice....... I rather my bf quite and he wants to but I can make him and I souldnt but I care for his life and health is the only reason I want him to quite but that dont mean the goverment should take the right to smoke way...........

And some out door places if its where children can be then no but at a golf place where its mostly adults then that would be ok and its outside so the air pretty much blows away......... dont get me worng im pissed when im walking and all of a sudden cigs smoke hits me makes me sick........... but I think of smokers would be thinking of the none smokers and try not to have it around none smokers then everything be fine.........in your home fine in your car fine golf fine lol at a party fine...... mostly though with children around i would think its not ok

Forum List

Back