Outdoor smoking bans

By the way the whole issue of not smoking in parks is also going away in Spokane. The ban might be in place but no one is enforcing it in Riverfront Park where it is only in place as of now. I smoke a cigarette last week in the park and no one told me not to. They realized what horse shit it all was.
A former politician said some asshole thing about golfers having more right than the lower middle class people who use Riverfront Park and the ban pretty much disappeared.

Cops in Seattle haven't been enforcing the public street ban here either. They are spinning their wheels with these, just using them as ways to propagate their myths and phony statistics, much like the "green machine" does.

scare tactics to disuade the chicken shits

Yep ... and the more special interest groups that use this tactic, the more pissed I get.

scare tactics to disuade the chicken shits

Yep ... and the more special interest groups that use this tactic, the more pissed I get.

don't hurt em now, KK

I am going to make a cigarette commercial with no brand name, using all cartoon characters, and post it on Youtube as a "parody". *evil grin* Maybe the tobacco companies will give me some of their millions in bribes I keep hearing about.

Most of the things that you mentioned (such as bee and pollen allergies, and lactose intolerance) are the responsibility of the afflicted to avoid them. Generally these unfortunate folks do not have others forcing milk down their throats, shoving flowers in their faces, or dropping bees down their shirt.

However, when it comes to smoking, those who are allergic are affected directly by the actions of another person. Should people who are allergic to cigarette smoke just stay home and indoors to avoid people who are smoking?

Or maybe those that smoke can have an ounce of self control and cease smoking for an hour while they are having a picnic in the park, so that everyone can enjoy it?

Let's suppose that were the issue. That people are inconsiderate of others. Wow! What a revelation, huh? Let's take it a step further, okay? Headaches, for instance? Why should I suffer a headache from someone else's lack of self control and consideration when they BLAST their idea of "good taste" in music in my ears? Or when they SHOUT at their children in public for some minor infraction? Or when they BABBLE ENDLESSLY on their goddammned cell phone while I'm trying to relax on the bus ride BEFORE hitting the office door? Don't they realize how ANNOYING AND INCONSIDERATE AND OUT OF CONROL they are being?

I smoke.

Still I cannot stand second hand smoke...not even my own.

But banning smoking OUTSIDE is a tad nuts.

But hey! ~ how often have I noted that our society has basically gone nuts?

This is just one more example of that.

I don't have a problem with this. The one that owns the property should have some say in what is allowed on the property.

Though to be fair a city could have smoking and non-smoking parks just like they have dog and non-dog parks.

I smoke.

Interesting. Now you may find this weird, but I swear there's a difference in the BRANDS. Some leave behind a much heavier and offensive odor than others.

I don't have a problem with this. The one that owns the property should have some say in what is allowed on the property.

Though to be fair a city could have smoking and non-smoking parks just like they have dog and non-dog parks.

Common sense.... Can't have that, now can we?

I smoke.

Interesting. Now you may find this weird, but I swear there's a difference in the BRANDS. Some leave behind a much heavier and offensive odor than others.

Definitely true. I can tell the difference between brands in many cases as well.

I smoke American Spirits which have no chemicals in them.

They definitely smell more tobacco-ey and less chemical than other brands.

We won't have those common sense solutions, though. We're on a witch hunt and Americans just love their witch hunts.

Why can't we have smoking and non smoking bars?

Because the anti-smoking forces have the hammer, that's why.

Common sense is seldom sensible.

I smoke.

Definitely true. I can tell the difference between brands in many cases as well.

I smoke American Spirits which have no chemicals in them.

They definitely smell more tobacco-ey and less chemical than other brands.

We won't have those common sense solutions, though. We're on a witch hunt and Americans just love their witch hunts.

Why can't we have smoking and non smoking bars?

Because the anti-smoking forces have the hammer, that's why.

Common sense is seldom sensible.

Around here, exemptions were given to restaurant/bar owners if they had installed those (expensive) special filtration systems. Had to apply for and be granted the exemption BEFORE the legislation went into effect though. Haven't heard of any actual OUTDOOR regs except the "within xxx feet" of a public building.

Hi Manifold:

I'm telling ya folks, if tabacco taxes weren't such a cash cow, it would already be outlawed entirely.

Mention of smoking ban fires up golfers - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

I am a little bit taken back by the fact that so many Americans fail to realize that Obama is dragging them down the Nazi road to Fascism. "The state performer in antismoking propaganda was Adolf Hitler." link and link.

Obama = Change To Nazi Fascism = What America Deserves . . .

Now you know why this Comprehensive Healthcare Stupidity (that nobody can afford amid Economic Collapse) is a primary component of his Nazi Fascist Agenda . . .

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2VFN-w9d0"]Obama Youth Army = Just Like Hitler[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNftqfvQ6os&feature=fvw"]Hitler Youth Training = Just Like Obama[/ame]

HR 1388 Or The Obama Youth Brigade Bill

House Passes Hitler Youth Bill

GL,

Terral

Last edited:
Everyone assumes the only benefit to this is to limit smoke, but what if it was to limit littering? Most smokers just throw the cigarette on the ground. The filter still has a fair ammount of chemicals that hurt animals and such.

Everyone assumes the only benefit to this is to limit smoke, but what if it was to limit littering? Most smokers just throw the cigarette on the ground. The filter still has a fair ammount of chemicals that hurt animals and such.

Yup.

And even if no animals are harmed, they're still unsightly litter.

Smokers, myself included incidently, have nobody but themsevles to blame for this anti-smoking backlash.

We smoked in public conveyances, in resturants, in hospitals and theaters with abject indifference to the non-smokers.

Well the shoe's on the other foot and now we're getting our comeuppance, aren't we?

Still banning smoking from every BAR, and not giving the owners of those bars any choice in the matter was wrong.

It hurt bars bottom lines enormously because many bars (not resturants, not ferm bars, but real honest tap rooms) really depended on those hard core drinkers who typically smoked a lot.

And there is no way in hell that those kinds of bars are every going to recover the losses of those hard drinking customers serving foo-foo drinks to the non-smoking heath facist crowds.

Dayum... In the last two days, I've seen references to "most women" and now "most smokers". You know "most" too, do ya?

I'm a smoker, my room mates are smokers, my sister smokes, my boss smokes, and almost every girl I have ever dated has smoked. I have also seen cigarette butts lining the streets of most cities. From my experience smokers throw their waste on the ground.

I never fail to marvel at the ability of some people to want to tell other people what to do.

whatever happened to reasonable accommodation? SMOKING SECTIONS... indoor and outdoor... restaurants being allowed to choose whether they want to service smokers or nonsmokers....

people should leave people alone to their bad habits while leaving space for the people who don't want to be bothered by those habits.

now for the person who wants to make it illegal for the guy in the car next to mine to pick his nose....

we can talk.

I'm telling ya folks, if tabacco taxes weren't such a cash cow, it would already be outlawed entirely.

Its a unhealthy and it lets off 2nd hand smoke that does anyone nearby no healthy favors! I'd prefer people for themselves just gave it up entirely and I already made adjustments to stay away from people while they smoke.

I'd prefer for pink lunger bitches to go ahead and take their fucking ass somewhere else instead of thinking that their pussy fucking opinions are universal. No one forces you to stand close to a smoker, motherfucker. You've got feet and a fucking will to use them. GTFO.

Assault and battery is also a gross habit. It's not about telling people what gross things they can or cannot do to themselves, it's about preventing them from doing it to others.

People who are victims of Assult and battery don't have as much prerogative as you do to GET THE FUCK OUT OF A SMOKEY LOCATION. You are not the watchdog of anyone. Take your ass down the road to the smoke free venue.

Forum List

Back