Our Universe is too vast for even the most imaginative sci-fi

I wonder why we were created with such short life spans.
Atrophy. Hey, lucky you aren't a dog. People say they wish they had a dogs life but they forget dogs only get 15 years give or take.

That's life. But knowing other living things live longer than us it makes you wonder if we are some gods chosen creature. Other animals are able to withstand extreme temperatures. Some are faster, see better, hear better, are stronger, smell better. We just happen to be the brightest creature on this planet and we aren't even that smart.

The good news is we are getting smarter and living longer

And we're the greatest because we can think, dream and explore. Liberterians and extreme conservatives would make us no better then the apes in the trees of africa.
When the earth was covered with trees and we lived comfortably in them conservatives ruled. When we decided to live on the ground us progressives allowed the conservatives to rule out of respect. That was our mistake. . We should have said shut up old men watch and learn. If it were up to you we'd still be living in trees

Atrophy. Hey, lucky you aren't a dog. People say they wish they had a dogs life but they forget dogs only get 15 years give or take.

That's life. But knowing other living things live longer than us it makes you wonder if we are some gods chosen creature. Other animals are able to withstand extreme temperatures. Some are faster, see better, hear better, are stronger, smell better. We just happen to be the brightest creature on this planet and we aren't even that smart.

And we're the greatest because we can think, dream and explore. Liberterians and extreme conservatives would make us no better then the apes in the trees of africa.
But don't you think if we were a gods chosen creature we would live longer than any other mammal? bowhead whales live over 200 years. If we were special we would live 200 too.

But don't you think if we were a gods chosen creature we would live longer than any other mammal? bowhead whales live over 200 years. If we were special we would live 200 too.

We're just a animal...One that can create the means to live that long if we study the science and create the anti-aging but we're just a animal....

I've heard it has a lot to do with how fast the heart beats to how long a animal lives....A bug = very short life, rat = slightly longer, dog = longer still.

We're just a animal...One that can create the means to live that long if we study the science and create the anti-aging but we're just a animal....

I've heard it has a lot to do with how fast the heart beats to how long a animal lives....A bug = very short life, rat = slightly longer, dog = longer still.
Imagine eating the exact right nutrients and getting exactly the right amount of exercise and brain stimulation and if we had the medical knowledge I bet we could live to be 150 plus. I think that is plenty long for an animal. Compared to the cow we turn into beef or the 3 year old deer I shoot we got it really good even at 80 years. Even 50 good years is not terrible.

We don't live long enough to explore the universe.
As fast as we can travel it will take 80,000 years to get to the closest star so no doubt the ship would have to be massive and make its own molten core so we don't need to rely on a sun. It's a floating man made planet complete with its own ozone and ecosystem. Do you think it's possible? They say anything we can imagine can be done. Maybe this is our purpose. Master the universe.

I'm hoping that like currents we can travel much farther and faster in between stars. Maybe theirs a current there. Have voyager one or two even gone that far yet?

It has been shown repeatedly that the laws of physics as we know them, are laws that apply throughout the universe.

Well, the universe itself breaks that rule as it moves faster...That is what warp is....

Alcubierre drive - Wikipedia

Sorry, speculation isn't fact.
You know how we slingshot around the moon using its gravity? I don't understand the science but I'm thinking their might be a current that runs in between stars that makes traveling quicker just riding the wave.

We are going to have to send a multi generational ship. The trip might take 80,000 years. There might be no destination for the people on this ship. And other star we travel to will also die one day. So if we are going anywhere it should be to a star younger than ours.

The meteor belt near Mars has all the materials we need to build this ship the size of the moon. Whoever goes will live inside this ship their entire lives. If or when we build faster technology we will go after the first ship so it may not take 80,000 years but that's how long it will take us today if we went to alpha century. We would have to be able to recycle and repair the ship along the way and produce water and food. Once one generation dies the next won't know what living on a planet is like so they will be used to living on a ship. They should send old smart people who aren't afraid to die in twenty years and send a bunch of young orphan babies. The old have 20 years to teach them what they need to know.

Another big first step are these iPad size spacebots that use sails to excellerate really fast. We should probably start a course. But I really like the idea of sending babies because they have no memory of earth so they won't have the same fear you or I would have of the idea of living on a ship their entire lives.

You have to let them start mating as soon as they hit puberty.

A. Is it possible to build a planet size ship people can live on? I don't see why not. I don't know how it would work. Would it spin like the earth?

B. Can we grow unlimited food and water? I bet we can. Space is cold. We can turn ice into water. Maybe create an ozone?

C. The people born on this ship would have thinner bones unless we figure that out.

D. Even suffering life wants to live. Put people in solitary they go nuts but not in groups. Lots of sex and procreating.

E. Recycle and repair the ship in sections. One section or even ten can go bad there are hundreds of other sections.

F. Our kids are so caught up in their computers they don't exercise anymore. Basically they are made for this.

G. I hope trump is serious about going to Mars. It's time

A. Is it possible to build a planet size ship people can live on? I don't see why not. I don't know how it would work. Would it spin like the earth?

B. Can we grow unlimited food and water? I bet we can. Space is cold. We can turn ice into water. Maybe create an ozone?

C. The people born on this ship would have thinner bones unless we figure that out.

D. Even suffering life wants to live. Put people in solitary they go nuts but not in groups. Lots of sex and procreating.

E. Recycle and repair the ship in sections. One section or even ten can go bad there are hundreds of other sections.

F. Our kids are so caught up in their computers they don't exercise anymore. Basically they are made for this.

G. I hope trump is serious about going to Mars. It's time

Yes this could be done. Also, gyroscopic spin is equivalent to artificial gravity, so as long as the ship spins, there is no bone loss problem. It is better if the ship is the shape of a giant wheel than a sphere, from the mechanical and modular point of view.

It has been shown repeatedly that the laws of physics as we know them, are laws that apply throughout the universe.

Well, the universe itself breaks that rule as it moves faster...That is what warp is....

You know how we slingshot around the moon using its gravity? I don't understand the science but I'm thinking their might be a current that runs in between stars that makes traveling quicker just riding the wave.

We are going to have to send a multi generational ship. The trip might take 80,000 years. There might be no destination for the people on this ship. And other star we travel to will also die one day. So if we are going anywhere it should be to a star younger than ours.

The meteor belt near Mars has all the materials we need to build this ship the size of the moon. Whoever goes will live inside this ship their entire lives. If or when we build faster technology we will go after the first ship so it may not take 80,000 years but that's how long it will take us today if we went to alpha century. We would have to be able to recycle and repair the ship along the way and produce water and food. Once one generation dies the next won't know what living on a planet is like so they will be used to living on a ship. They should send old smart people who aren't afraid to die in twenty years and send a bunch of young orphan babies. The old have 20 years to teach them what they need to know.

There's at least a half dozen habitable planets within 40 light years....Do a few more decades of research + confirm they have atmospheres then go for it.

The excuse that these ships wouldn't be going anywhere is baseless.

Proxima Centauri b - Wikipedia
Wolf 1061c - Wikipedia
Gliese 832 c - Wikipedia
Gliese 682 c - Wikipedia
Gliese 667 Cc - Wikipedia
GJ 273b Luyten's Star
Luyten's Star - Wikipedia
TRAPPIST-1e - Wikipedia
TRAPPIST-1f - Wikipedia

There's at least a half dozen habitable planets within 40 light years....Do a few more decades of research + confirm they have atmospheres then go for it.

Wolf 1061c - Wikipedia
Gliese 832 c - Wikipedia
Gliese 682 c - Wikipedia
GJ 273b Luyten's Star

TRAPPIST-1e - Wikipedia
TRAPPIST-1f - Wikipedia

It takes 40 years at the speed of light. If you go just less than that, it's not 45 years or 100 years, it's tens of thousands.

What we need to do is catch a ride on one of the countless nomad planets. Set up shop there long term, and scout new systems as it comes close enough.

Wolf 1061c - Wikipedia
Gliese 832 c - Wikipedia
Gliese 682 c - Wikipedia
GJ 273b Luyten's Star

TRAPPIST-1e - Wikipedia
TRAPPIST-1f - Wikipedia

It takes 40 years at the speed of light. If you go just less than that, it's not 45 years or 100 years, it's tens of thousands.
It's 80,000 years now. It's crazy to think even if we cut it to 40,000 or even ten or even 5000 or 1000 years, that's way too long. I think 100 years would be acceptable. Or 200. In 200 years you would know your great grandkids would see the new home.

I like the idea that this spaceship simulates gravity.

I got in a big argument with my dad tonight about this. He says its impossible but all the things he says can't be done can, or probably will be solved one day. And then he says things like "no one can live on the moon". Lol. Who suggested that? He says they would run out of food. I don't think he can contemplate how big this ship would be or how much we have already figured out with hydroponics fish farms cloning and solar

Anyways, the sad thing is right now it isn't possible. It's only possible when we do it

Our first step will be to colonize this solar system to whatever extent is possible.

On SciFi right now is a very good show called The Expanse. I believe this is our future, not extra solar planets.

Our first step will be to colonize this solar system to whatever extent is possible.

On SciFi right now is a very good show called The Expanse. I believe this is our future, not extra solar planets.
What's the purpose of that?

Our first step is colonize Mars. Much closer to the meteor belt where we can get all the steel and iron we need to build a planet size spaceship.

When the sun burns out doesn't everything in our solar system? I know earth it pulverized. So we need to get to a younger star. Most important is it blowing up soon? Second is their a planet we can live on.

And if it's going to take 80,000 years we should send those iPad size spacebots on sails to the planets we want to live on. Plant the seeds of life

The ship we are on its so big it may as well be a planet. There would be no need to ever leave it. Our planet will die but we don't have to.

Forum List

Back