CDZ Our Society's Incivility is Due to Our Internet Anonymity

leecross

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2019
Our Society's Incivility is Due to Our Internet Anonymity

We had to devolve as a culture to accommodate our lack of visual or audible cues about each other.

Those cues which would tell us how to customize our communication and interaction with each other.

To not expect a 20's person to have the knowledge or life experience of a 60's person.

And more like that.

And now we have a generation of young people who have been beaten up so much online they think it is normal to be as rude and crude and dumb as we have de-evolved to be.

If we EVER expect to right this we will have to reduce or eliminate online i teraction inlueu of actual in person and in real life regular socialization by all.

Sent from my LG-M154 using Tapatalk

We had to devolve as a culture to accommodate our lack of visual or audible cues about each other.

Those cues which would tell us how to customize our communication and interaction with each other.

To not expect a 20's person to have the knowledge or life experience of a 60's person.

And more like that.

And now we have a generation of young people who have been beaten up so much online they think it is normal to be as rude and crude and dumb as we have de-evolved to be.

If we EVER expect to right this we will have to reduce or eliminate online i teraction inlueu of actual in person and in real life regular socialization by all.

So now we're going to blame a technology, a thing, for our societal woes. Brilliant. Looks to me like they were raised in america. But that would require we take responsibility. We're better at blaming.

I think the solution is simple --- only talk with people on the same side we're each on. It's crazy to talk with enemies --- why do that?? Better to talk with our own team and build solidarity. We need to stick together and stay loyal.

As the Q Anonymous T-shirt says ----- "Where we go one, we go all."

I think the solution is simple --- only talk with people on the same side we're each on. It's crazy to talk with enemies --- why do that?? Better to talk with our own team and build solidarity. We need to stick together and stay loyal.

170814090139-charlottesville-white-supremacists-tiki-torch-780x439.jpg

we will have to reduce or eliminate online i teraction inlueu of actual in person and in real life regular socialization by all.

Real-life interaction isn't all it's made out to be.

depositphotos_50057979-stock-photo-angry-couple-pointing-at-each.jpg

I agree that the ability to write anything without consequence and without seeing the person they are attacking contributes to the unfortunate state we are in today.

It does, but on the other hand it also results in more honest communication.

For example, I may not call one an ignorant Communist cross-sexual fuckhead in real life because I have no interest is dealing with the politically correct factions, but I have at least let one know my opinion.

Last edited:
I use my real name not only here but on other blogsites. I say what I mean and mean what I say. Anyone that wishes to take umbrage with the things I post have an open invitation to meet me in real time should their travels ever bring them to the DFW area. I don't post anything here that I wouldn't say to someone's face.

"Our Society's Incivility is Due to Our Internet Anonymity"

No, the incivility has always been there – the internet simply exposes that incivility.

Do you REALLY believe that you rate "civility"? I would have ZERO problem taking your lame contentions apart in real time and would do so as easily as I do here.

You see, I have no use for those of your ilk....none, nada, zero....zilch. Am I clear??? Let me know if further clarification is needed. I'm here to help.

(snicker)

Our civility has been in decline for a long time, before there was an 'internet'; rude behavior is endemic on airlines, freeways, between children and parents, and both ways on the latter, not just kids, and it's long past the time when we should be banning a majority of parents from childrens' and high schools' sports events for asshole behavior..

Last edited:
I use my real name not only here but on other blogsites. I say what I mean and mean what I say. Anyone that wishes to take umbrage with the things I post have an open invitation to meet me in real time should their travels ever bring them to the DFW area. I don't post anything here that I wouldn't say to someone's face.

Me either. Thanks for the effort, even though we don't agree on a lot, you're honest and not a troll poster. I feel the same way about a lot of posters here, all those that are at least patriots and value our country.

And more like that.

So now we're going to blame a technology, a thing, for our societal woes. Brilliant. Looks to me like they were raised in america. But that would require we take responsibility. We're better at blaming.

Now why would Jihadists object to a criticism of the undeniable effects of internet anonymity?

Because they use it to their advantage?

What a puzzling conclusion!

170814090139-charlottesville-white-supremacists-tiki-torch-780x439.jpg

Are you astute enough to recognize that those in the picture are a natural consequense to Leftist excess which upset the previous status quo?

I agree that the ability to write anything without consequence and without seeing the person they are attacking contributes to the unfortunate state we are in today.

It does, but on the other hand it also results in more honest communication.

For example, I may not call one an ignorant Communist cross-sexual fuckhead in real life because I have no interest is dealing with the politically correct factions, but I have at least let one know my opinion.

It points out what we usually accuse the Left of. Putting their personal feelings ahead of what is best for the country or society.

Wonderful personal statement.

Kudos.

Now tell me how you feel about the larger issue of how we are forced to make assumptions about people because we cant see them.

Or how these assumptions make this a more mean spirited era.

Forum List

Back