Our New Openly Racist World

I thought MLK's dream was to have a nation that judged a man not by the color of his skin,but by the content of his character.

I was 8 years old in '63 and I supported integration until we were integrated.

Still waiting on that content of character thing.

Last edited:
Hysteria aside, could you address the point as to which side is actually racist. The media and the left has been flogging the dead horse about America being a racist country, but the Presidential election has disabused this notion. The examples in my post clearly indicate that "whites need not apply."
How about a few protests against these anti-white comments.

I'm not going to protest against anti-white comments because I'm not the slightest bit bothered or threatened by them. Why is that? Why are some whites not offended or worried about an acknowledgement that we aren't going to hire by 'good ol boy' rules any more?

Last edited:
I'm not going to protest against anti-white comments because I'm not the slightest bit bothered or threatened by them. Why is that? Why are some whites not offended or worried about an acknowledgement that we aren't going to hire by 'good ol boy' rules any more?

So which are you, superficial, bigoted, or just narrow-minded?

Racism against whites? Show me. Do whites have to go to the back of the bus?

Oh, don't be such a fool. Now, where is it that blacks have to go to the back of the bus? No place? As for "show me," check out the four examples of my post re: Obama, Reich, Lowery, King. You really should get some help with that short-tem memory problem.

Oh, don't be such a fool. Now, where is it that blacks have to go to the back of the bus? No place? As for "show me," check out the four examples of my post re: Obama, Reich, Lowery, King. You really should get some help with that short-tem memory problem.

I haven't forgotten your examples, you've forgotten that they don't bother me.

I thought MLK's dream was to have a nation that judged a man not by the color of his skin,but by the content of his character.

I was 8 years old in '63 and I supported integration until we were integrated.

Still waiting on that content of character thing.

Why? There's plenty of character assassination going on. I've just been called a bigoted, narrow minded, superficial, fool with short-term memory loss. Why?

I have a different point of view.

Last edited:
I haven't forgotten your examples, you've forgotten that they don't bother me.

Let's try to imagine how different this county would be if the majority, the whites, evinced the same "they don't bother me" attitude. Let's imagine, at least those of us with a conscience, a soul, the origins of "the Great Society," Affirmative Action, scholarships, etc. What does that say about your upbringing, insight, appreciation? I have to laugh at those who behave as you do: "I don't care what happens to anyone but me." Don't tell me how inspired you were by MLK.

If you pick up a stray dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. That is the principal difference between dogs and men. Mark Twain.

Let's try to imagine how different this county would be if the majority, the whites, evinced the same "they don't bother me" attitude. Let's imagine, at least those of us with a conscience, a soul, the origins of "the Great Society," Affirmative Action, scholarships, etc. What does that say about your upbringing, insight, appreciation? I have to laugh at those who behave as you do: "I don't care what happens to anyone but me." Don't tell me how inspired you were by MLK.

If you pick up a stray dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. That is the principal difference between dogs and men. Mark Twain.

I'm not offended by you. I'm not offended by Reich's comments, nor Lowrey's poem.

I don't think whites are at risk of losing their status as the racial majority in America if Robert Reich's indicates a committment to not doling out public works projects to the 'good ol boy' network. Job creation ought to be distributed fairly, don't you agree?

Are you a proponent of the War on Christmas? Are Christians endangered species if atheist have an equal right to say Happy Holidays?

Last edited:
Who wants substance when sarcasm is so much more fun!:eusa_angel:

I'm with you. I'm having a blast. Why bother talking about the topic? Bring back Richard Pryor. We need to laugh at racism again. All these whiny white folks who think they're so oppressed are cracking me up.

Last edited:
I'm not offended by you. I'm not offended by Reich's comments, nor Lowrey's poem.

I don't think whites are at risk of losing their status as the racial majority in America if Robert Reich's indicates a committment to not doling out public works projects to the 'good ol boy' network. Job creation ought to be distributed fairly, don't you agree?

Are you a proponent of the War on Christmas? Are Christians endangered species if atheist have an equal right to say Happy Holidays?

Actully, I'm glad you're not offended. I believe that some day you will see that equality should go both ways.

But I would like a definition of terms, for example "fairly." Should qualifications enter into the equation? It seemed to me that Reich was saying the social benefits of giving the jobs to the long-term unemployed, or women far more important than other reasons for employment. Do we consider experience in the vocation? Absenteeism? Physical strength? Why skin color as a determination?

I don't know what the "good ol' boy network" is. I think you are trying to apply a concept from a generation ago to today.

What is the War on Christmas? One can choose any greeting for the holiday season, but, by the same token, patrons can decide where they choose to shop. Fair?

LOL. I hope someday that equality means being able to take a joke at your own expense.

I hope it means that we one day don't need to pretend to be color blind. We can see the colors we all come in and love and appreciate each other.

FYI Good Ol Boy:
Good ol' boy describes a system of social networking and perceptions alleged to exist prevalently among certain communities and social strata in the United States. Although the term originated in the South, these networks can be found throughout the U.S. and the rest of the Western world. It is typically taken to refer to informal legal, judicial, social, religious, business, and political associations among white males ("good ol' boys"); however, in modern times can be composed of either or both sexes. In some areas, the good ol' boy network is said to still exert considerable influence over many aspects of local government, business, and law enforcement. Usage of the term can often imply a wrongful exclusion of others from the network; however, often the emphasis is on inclusion of a member, as in, "doing a good ol' boy a favor".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_ol'_boy_network

Reich gave the good ol boy network a clear message.

Last edited:
LOL. I hope someday that equality means being able to take a joke at your own expense.

I hope it means that we one day don't need to pretend to be color blind. We can see the colors we all come in and love and appreciate each other.

FYI Good Ol Boy:
Good ol' boy describes a system of social networking and perceptions alleged to exist prevalently among certain communities and social strata in the United States. Although the term originated in the South, these networks can be found throughout the U.S. and the rest of the Western world. It is typically taken to refer to informal legal, judicial, social, religious, business, and political associations among white males ("good ol' boys"); however, in modern times can be composed of either or both sexes. In some areas, the good ol' boy network is said to still exert considerable influence over many aspects of local government, business, and law enforcement. Usage of the term can often imply a wrongful exclusion of others from the network; however, often the emphasis is on inclusion of a member, as in, "doing a good ol' boy a favor".
Good ol' boy network - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reich gave the good ol boy network a clear message.

I hope you were able to catch the very nucanced expressions such as "alleged" "informal" "can be" "said to" "can often imply". I can't think of a case that I have come in contant with, but perhaps you can name some that have impeded your access.

Forum List

Back