Our Never-Ending "Soccer" Embarrassment

Would you lose a race to a 350 lb dude?

Depends on which 350 lbs dude and how long the race is.

Look at you backtrack like a fucker. You said "any d-1 lineman." You make points for shit, dude. This is why I kept telling you to just shut the fuck up and stop embarrassing yourself.

I haven't backtracked on anything, idiot. I was responding to your question. My estimation has not changed.

I'd bet good money that any decent Div.1 lineman, no matter how large, could outrun our soccer-obsessed friend there over 10 yards. Then if he tried to line up against him in a game, well, no need to go into all the macabre details of what would happen to him.

And while he might be oh-so-proud of himself for jogging around after a ball for an hour and a half, plunk him in a pool to swim 1500m competitively and I have no doubt he'd be reassessing his "fitness" level before he got halfway through.

Put him on a wrestling mat with even a good high school wrestler and he'd be gasping desperately for air in under three minutes.

Etc., etc. ... you get the idea.

Smells like your pride is making it hard for you to admit the truth.

Depends on which 350 lbs dude and how long the race is.

Look at you backtrack like a fucker. You said "any d-1 lineman." You make points for shit, dude. This is why I kept telling you to just shut the fuck up and stop embarrassing yourself.

I haven't backtracked on anything, idiot. I was responding to your question. My estimation has not changed.

I'd bet good money that any decent Div.1 lineman, no matter how large, could outrun our soccer-obsessed friend there over 10 yards. Then if he tried to line up against him in a game, well, no need to go into all the macabre details of what would happen to him.

And while he might be oh-so-proud of himself for jogging around after a ball for an hour and a half, plunk him in a pool to swim 1500m competitively and I have no doubt he'd be reassessing his "fitness" level before he got halfway through.

Put him on a wrestling mat with even a good high school wrestler and he'd be gasping desperately for air in under three minutes.

Yes you are backtracking, fuckface. You say D-1 lineman could beat me in a race of 10 yards or more. Now, it's "any decent" linemen. And you make this bull shit claim even though you know nothing of my fitness and even though you seem to think you'd beat your share of D-1 linemen. How fucking stupid are you?

And now you're making stupid fucking points about me going up against a d-linemen on a line or putting a soccer player into a pool or on a wrestling mat as if that changes the fact that soccer is more of a game of fitness than basketball, football or baseball. Learn to fucking argue or just seriously shut the fuck up.

BTW dipshit; at the 2012 draft combine__ all of one OL prospects ran a 40 under 5 seconds. And that's the best of the best. There are literally hundreds of D1 OL.

Yes you are backtracking, fuckface. You say D-1 lineman could beat me in a race of 10 yards or more. Now, it's "any decent" linemen.

Just how stupid are you? Do you not recognize the difference between your question and my assertion? If you can't read it's going to be very difficult to try and help you correct your mistaken notions about sports.

And now you're making stupid fucking points about me going up against a d-linemen on a line or putting a soccer player into a pool or on a wrestling mat as if that changes the fact that soccer is more of a game of fitness than basketball, football or baseball. Learn to fucking argue or just seriously shut the fuck up.

You reek of desperation and humiliation. Just admit you were wrong and move on.

I love how I defy your bull shit, straight on and then you throw out these ironically desperate and pathetic comebacks that mean absolutely nothing.

BTW dipshit; at the 2012 draft combine__ all of one OL prospects ran a 40 under 5 seconds. And that's the best of the best. There are literally hundreds of D1 OL.

I didn't say running a 40, you illiterate boob.

Comprehension dickface; you've said on more than one occasion, a race 10 yards or more. I'm giving you the 40 times because that's 10 yards or more and that's what's on record.

Anyhow, you keep coming back at me with these totally moronic comebacks and I've granted you enough time to make any sort of cogent point on this matter or to come off your stupidity trip. Now, I just have to declare you properly defeated. Sorry dude, but your prideful, arrogant pea-brain ain't digging out of the quicksand of your own stupidity.

Yes you are backtracking, fuckface. You say D-1 lineman could beat me in a race of 10 yards or more. Now, it's "any decent" linemen.

Just how stupid are you? Do you not recognize the difference between your question and my assertion? If you can't read it's going to be very difficult to try and help you correct your mistaken notions about sports.

Don't think you're going to twist this up with nonsense. You claimed that ANY D-1 linemen could beat me in a race. And you did this as a desperate attempt to talk up their fitness relative to soccer players and to put me down; even though you know jack fucking shit about my fitness.

Later, it became "any decent d-1 lineman." And yes, that is backtracking.

Also, I asked you if they would then beat you in a race. Your pompus ass didn't want to admit you'd lose to some slow ass 300 pound tub of lards, so you qualified that it depended. So, you know on its face that your assertion was whack and you still cling to it. You don't get it both ways dickface, either some of them are slow motherfuckers or they're all quite the sprinters that you'd claim they'd beat me in a race. THAT WAS YOUR FUCKING PREMISE.

I love how I defy your bull shit, straight on .

You haven't defied anything because you apparently don't know how to read. I didn't realize you were really this stupid.

I love how I defy your bull shit, straight on and then you throw out these ironically desperate and pathetic comebacks that mean absolutely nothing.

I didn't say running a 40, you illiterate boob.

Comprehension dickface; you've said on more than one occasion, a race 10 yards or more. I'm giving you the 40 times because that's 10 yards or more and that's what's on record.

Anyhow, you keep coming back at me with these totally moronic comebacks and I've granted you enough time to make any sort of cogent point on this matter or to come off your stupidity trip. Now, I just have to declare you properly defeated. Sorry dude, but your prideful, arrogant pea-brain ain't digging out of the quicksand of your own stupidity.

I don't give a crap who can run how far how fast.

I am pretty sure, however, that Unkotare never said 10 yards or more. I believe he said 'over 10 yards'. While I can see how that might cause some confusion, he did clarify that he meant a 10 yard race, not a race longer than 10 yards.

This argument is ridiculous enough without adding misquotes to it. :lol:

you've said on more than one occasion, a race 10 yards or more. .

No I did not, you illiterate moron.

Pay attention for once in your life:

"over a length of" = "covering a length of" = consisting of a length of"

What is your first language?

I'll take that as a no to the question of you don't know when to shut the fuck up. Thanks.

Take it as the (most likely) truth whether you like it or not. You would get smoked.

Would you lose a race to a 350 lb dude?

This is not the same as asking, 'Would you lose a race to a 350 lb D-1 lineman?'.

And really, who gives a shit? Soccer players are going to be faster and with more endurance than football linemen. Football linemen will be stronger. There are multiple aspects to physical fitness, hooray!

And to be fair, yes, 'any D-1 lineman' is certainly different than, 'any decent D-1 lineman'. So yes, that is a backtrack.

And again, why do we care?

Let's just all agree that football and hockey are the best sports and move on! ;)

Don't think you're going to twist this up with nonsense. You claimed that ANY D-1 linemen could beat me in a race. And you did this as a desperate attempt to talk up their fitness relative to soccer players and to put me down; even though you know jack fucking shit about my fitness.

Later, it became "any decent d-1 lineman." And yes, that is backtracking.

Also, I asked you if they would then beat you in a race. Your pompus ass didn't want to admit you'd lose to some slow ass 300 pound tub of lards, so you qualified that it depended. So, you know on its face that your assertion was whack and you still cling to it. You don't get it both ways dickface, either some of them are slow motherfuckers or they're all quite the sprinters that you'd claim they'd beat me in a race. THAT WAS YOUR FUCKING PREMISE.

You really don't know how to read in English, do you? I hope this is just your trollish attempt at weaseling out of your obvious embarrassment, because if you honestly are this stupid there is just no hope for you.

Uko^^^

You keep making your meaningless blanket insults b/c you have nothing. Anyhow, I've already declared you properly defeated. But, just to put a fine point on it. At a draft combine, only a couple handfuls of linemen will run a 40 under 5 seconds. Those are almost exclusively DL and they tend to be freaks of nature and not at all the typical d-1 linemen or even NFL linemen. Another two or three handful of linemen will run between 5.0 and 5.5. Then, the typical "decent" d-1 linemen will run the 40 in 5.6 to 6.5; which is pretty much slow. Even an old professional soccer player is likely to run a 40 in under 5.0. They get any slower than that and they are pretty much looking at retirement or being cut. I'm not even in shape and I could run a 40 in the 5.0 to 5.5 range.

By the way, that finer point is on your dunce cap. You've been put in your place, proper.

And to be fair, yes, 'any D-1 lineman' is certainly different than, 'any decent D-1 lineman'. So yes, that is a backtrack.

No backtrack implied or intended. Take your pick. Anyone playing at the D-1 level is going to be decent at the very least.

Uko^^^

You keep making your meaningless blanket insults b/c you have nothing.

That would seem to be the role YOU have embraced, as anyone who - unlike you - can read English surely sees by now.

Screeching "I win! I win!" while you run away with your tail between your legs is not going to save you any face, champ.

Unko: I'll state up front that I'm not arguing because you've been declared properly defeated and you've sufficiently embarrassed yourself. But, I'll state that you're definitely now including 'decent' to include all D-1 linemen when you clearly were using it to exclude some less desirables in the first place.

Also, you said it depends on what 350 lb person you raced, which incidentally makes you a slow ass and you really shouldn't go around challenging other people's athleticism if so. But as it relates to the point, fit people aren't generally 300 pounds plus. But many of them are strong and can play football. Of course, none of that means anything to your retarded assertions that d-1 linemen are especially fit.

Uko^^^

You keep making your meaningless blanket insults b/c you have nothing.

That would seem to be the role YOU have embraced, as anyone who - unlike you - can read English surely sees by now.

Screeching "I win! I win!" while you run away with your tail between your legs is not going to save you any face, champ.

This is how tools argue. They cut up quotes to ignore context. And if by win you mean properly defeated then yea.

THIS is a perfect example of how anti-soccer propaganda in the sports media works upon the typical American dumb ass. He's just parroting idiots like Jim Rome. Soccer is a game of great skill, fitness and strategy. Most the out of shape gimps who criticize soccer should go try playing a serious pick-up game of soccer sometime. Then they'll find a real respect for the game when their gasping on fumes.

That does not change the fact that Soccer is an extremely boring "spectator sport". There are a lot of sports that are a lot of fun to play but boring as hell to watch and soccer happens to be one of those. Ninety minutes of running the ball up and down the field with almost no scoring at all, and that is if there is even a goal scored. If you are not playing, you may as well be napping. If you really are interested, you can catch the 3.6 seconds of scoring in the game on ESPN's Sportscenter.

I will grant you that Soccer is a hell of a lot of fun to play, but it simply is nothing to watch.

Immie

Poll after poll has shown that people like watching a good pitching dual to a homerun fest. You don't think that throwing a ball through hoop doesn't get monotonous? Any serious sports fan will tell you that it's about the intricacies of any sport that make it truly mesmerizing.

But, sure; if we're talking about games for the typical unenlightened dumbass, maybe soccer is not going to be the sport of choice. Listen to the differences in soccer anouncers and basketball announcers. It's laughable, the chasm of sophistication.

Basketball sucks... in fact, I have found the NBA to be the cure for insomnia. Another game that sucks to watch is baseball. The difference between the announcers? Yeah, soccer announcers all have one thing in common. They can draw out the word "Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll" for what seems like an eternity. Of course, they do that in the failed attempt to make people think there is actually something exciting actually going on for the spectators. Face it, as a spectator sport your game sucks tomcat tit.

Immie

Forum List

Back