Our Intelligence Agencies Have The Clap

It was on EVERY major newscast. It IS a big story, whether you want to call it one or not. And as the Obama menstruation admits, Clapper should have known about it.

The issue for me is, at first Clapper's spokespeople lied, said he knew about it but Sawyer's question was "too ambiguous." Then later, Clapper admitted he had no idea about the London arrests. It's this changing of the story that should have you wondering what the hell these people are actually doing. Why the need to lie? He did NOT know about it, straight up.

At minimum, I believe the INTEL CHIEF should be up on world events, especially when it comes to FOILED TERROR PLOTS WITH A DOZEN ARRESTS!

Don't you?

Try reading for comprehension. Works wonders.

I said that General Clapper should have known about it. What part of that did you fail to comprehend?

But I also pointed out that just because it's in the news does NOT mean that it's worth noting from an intelligence perspective. News does not drive intelligence. In the political arena, the news drives how we perceive political appointees. That's obvious by the way you think this is a major event. But in the serious business of intelligence collection, it does not nor should it. Don't worry, as PT Barnum said, there's one born every minute.

You're trying to tie General Clapper's competency in with the Obama administration. That's pretty stupid on your part. You clearly don't know shit about General Clapper. You don't know how well he is respected in the intelligence community by the real professionals who do the dirty work.

I've agreed that it's a shame this debacle may cloud the true contributions made by Jim Clapper. But I disagree that he's clueless about what's going on or that he's incompetent.

What I will admit to is that I have a strong prejudice against the so-called professional news media. Started in Grenada when they simply made shit up just to sell the story. So I'll admit that I tend to be skeptical about anything that comes from the media: CNN, FOX, ABC, PBS, you name it. However, in this particular instance, I also happen to know General Clapper. So I'll go along with how this incident did not bode well for him; how someone on his staff fucked up royally; but I won't buy your silly notion that General Clapper doesn't know what he's doing.

Fair enough, cupcake?

It was on EVERY major newscast. It IS a big story, whether you want to call it one or not. And as the Obama menstruation admits, Clapper should have known about it.

The issue for me is, at first Clapper's spokespeople lied, said he knew about it but Sawyer's question was "too ambiguous." Then later, Clapper admitted he had no idea about the London arrests. It's this changing of the story that should have you wondering what the hell these people are actually doing. Why the need to lie? He did NOT know about it, straight up.

At minimum, I believe the INTEL CHIEF should be up on world events, especially when it comes to FOILED TERROR PLOTS WITH A DOZEN ARRESTS!

Don't you?

I said that General Clapper should have known about it. What part of that did you fail to comprehend?

But I also pointed out that just because it's in the news does NOT mean that it's worth noting from an intelligence perspective. News does not drive intelligence. In the political arena, the news drives how we perceive political appointees. That's obvious by the way you think this is a major event. But in the serious business of intelligence collection, it does not nor should it. Don't worry, as PT Barnum said, there's one born every minute.

You're trying to tie General Clapper's competency in with the Obama administration. That's pretty stupid on your part. You clearly don't know shit about General Clapper. You don't know how well he is respected in the intelligence community by the real professionals who do the dirty work.

I've agreed that it's a shame this debacle may cloud the true contributions made by Jim Clapper. But I disagree that he's clueless about what's going on or that he's incompetent.

What I will admit to is that I have a strong prejudice against the so-called professional news media. Started in Grenada when they simply made shit up just to sell the story. So I'll admit that I tend to be skeptical about anything that comes from the media: CNN, FOX, ABC, PBS, you name it. However, in this particular instance, I also happen to know General Clapper. So I'll go along with how this incident did not bode well for him; how someone on his staff fucked up royally; but I won't buy your silly notion that General Clapper doesn't know what he's doing.

Fair enough, cupcake?

Hate to tell you this but this gives Americans a bad feeling. We need to know that the people in charge are aware of what's going on. They need to be on their toes....not just act like they are.

Perceptions are just as important as reality. The perception is that this Administration is focused on so-called domestic terrorism, ie, The Tea Party, FoxNews, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, and not focused on preventing those who would kill us from trying to carry out attacks here and in other countries.

This Administration wants to help Gays in the military, Unions, and Illegals while they ignore job-creation and threats to our national security. They want to pay for firefighter's medical bills, not because they need it but because they belong to unions. They already have the best care in the United States. Why add to the debt by giving them an extra free-ride?

The emphasis of this crew is looking good and buying votes. The reality is their primary job as per the constitution is secondary to them.

Last edited:

Don't you?

Fair enough, cupcake?
You should read, just read to start with. I've said repeatedly Clapper isn't incompetent. I've said repeatedly I DO know alot about him. And nowhere have I said he doesn't know what he is doing.

But I have also asked, and rightly so -- WHY THE LIE?

Hate to tell you this but this gives Americans a bad feeling. We need to know that the people in charge are aware of what's going on. They need to be on their toes....not just act like they are.

Perceptions are just as important as reality. The perception is that this Administration is focused on so-called domestic terrorism, ie, The Tea Party, FoxNews, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, and not focused on preventing those who would kill us from trying to carry out attacks here and in other countries.

I don't disagree with you. However, a two-minute video clip is hardly a fair measurement of a person's professional competency.

Ever notice that there's no mention about the issues he DID address and the questions he DID answer?

This is the sucky part about being a political appointee or being the poor son-of-a-bitch who has to stand in front of a microphone and cameras. Comes with the territory, I know. Not meant to be fair, I know. The media will feed like sharks in a frenzy once they smell blood in the water, I know.

Clapper is still the right man for the job. He knows what he's doing. Shouldn't make much out of this little incident.

Don't you?

Fair enough, cupcake?

Clapper seems to be burdened by the incompetent staffers that he is forced to use. He's sharp and absolutely the right man for the job as is presented. His staff is the professional politically connected crowd and it's really hurting his effectiveness. But in my opinion he's not anyone the Executive Branch listens to anyway, he's just a placeholder figurehead with no actual authority. That sucks a lot.

He should have been National Security Advisor or DCI. Maybe General Jones would have been better as DNI.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back