Neurodivergent talent

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017

The National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency is building on a pilot program to recruit people with autism, as the agency plans to hire a new cohort of “neurodivergent” individuals this year while also embedding those efforts more broadly into its persons with disabilities program.

“Neurodiversity” is an umbrella term that refers to differences in brain functioning. Autism, attention-deficit/hyperactive disorder, and dyslexia are among the most common examples of “neurodivergent” conditions.

With all the heads exploding from the FAA's new hiring goals I wonder if this will cause the same amounts of consternation.

We have a couple of people with autism working as data analyst and they see patterns and errors that nobody else seems to. This seems a good move by the NGA.

The FAA wants to hire these people too. Do try to keep up.

different group of people the FAA is looking for, and they are not looking for them to be ATC, but more things like HR, Contracting and statisticians.

Can you think of a reason why someone with PTSD or an eating disorder could not do these jobs?

different group of people the FAA is looking for, and they are not looking for them to be ATC, but more things like HR, Contracting and statisticians.

Can you think of a reason why someone with PTSD or an eating disorder could not do these jobs?

Do you really want someone puking in a trash can while you're calling HR trying to get paperwork straight? But it's already illegal to not hire someone based on disabilities so why is this an issue now?

I think its awesome that companies want to try to put people like this to work. Just don't do it on the gov't dime.

I think its awesome that companies want to try to put people like this to work. Just don't do it on the gov't dime.

Why not have the Govt do it as well, there is talent out there that is not wrapped in a perfect package.

The National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency is building on a pilot program to recruit people with autism, as the agency plans to hire a new cohort of “neurodivergent” individuals this year while also embedding those efforts more broadly into its persons with disabilities program.

“Neurodiversity” is an umbrella term that refers to differences in brain functioning. Autism, attention-deficit/hyperactive disorder, and dyslexia are among the most common examples of “neurodivergent” conditions.

With all the heads exploding from the FAA's new hiring goals I wonder if this will cause the same amounts of consternation.

We have a couple of people with autism working as data analyst and they see patterns and errors that nobody else seems to. This seems a good move by the NGA.
absolutely. we can not waste talent like that. i saw a similar thread about faa hiring autistic people.

While flying I often look around the cabin and think to myself, “Hmmmm. I sure wish there were more retards onboard.”

We have a couple of people with autism working as data analyst and they see patterns and errors that nobody else seems to.
Yeah, there are like 5 "Rainmen" in the world, and the rest are a bunch of typical fucking retards. Good luck with THAT horseshit program!! :laugh:

Yeah, there are like 5 "Rainmen" in the world, and the rest are a bunch of typical fucking retards. Good luck with THAT horseshit program!! :laugh:

Once again you prove our ignorance to the board.

At least you are consistent.

Forum List

Back