Our Founding Fathers included Islam

wouldn't have been a problem except for importation of third worlders of a different religion and that's been my point all along Coyote !

So, you're saying cease importing Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Jews, Sikhs and other non-Christian faiths so they don't pollute our Holiday schedule?

be ok with me , or reduce the numbers of imports that will only push for changes , course I advocate a complete end to all immigration of everyone . Less imports and the fewer the better as the FEW will blend into America and become Americans rather than push un-American points of view Coyote .

be ok with me , or reduce the numbers of imports that will only push for changes , course I advocate a complete end to all immigration of everyone . Less imports and the fewer the better as they will blend into America and become Americans rather than push un-American points of view Coyote .

What is an "un-American" point of view and who determines it?

Immigrants have changed us since America was formed.

You going to reverse all that progress or just halt it?

a little more change to 'ny' city . --- NYC schools adding 2 Muslim holidays to calendar New York Post --- just some info !!

Seriously - what is wrong with that?

School holidays are very regionally decided and influenced by the local demographics. In areas where there are a lot of Muslim families, adding those Holidays make sense. I work at a state university. Holidays are set by the state, and counties or insitutions can also set aside some holidays as "Days of Special Concern". Our state only has Good Friday and Christmas as state wide religious holidays. It makes sense, we do not have substantial Muslim, Jewish or other religious communities. But our schools list some of their holidays as "days of special concern" whereby teachers should be sensitive (not punative) to students being absent.

Schools are driven by the needs of their neighborhood. That is not a bad thing. Expanding it to include other faiths is part of what it means to be American. Here is an article on an attempt to include Diwali as a recognized Holiday. It makes sense. It hurts no one.

What about Easter?

I don't really have a problem with it, but geez how many more holidays can the schools afford. Also, what if someone is an atheist and they want their children to have winter solstice? What if someone is a Hindu and wants their holidays recognized, same with every other religious denomination. We cannot please everyone. We cannot twist and contort our system to appease all of these people and their religious beliefs.

Easter is Sunday, so it's a day off anyway. Community demographics should determine local holidays.

We can not insist that only Christian religious days be honored, and if there are sufficient numbers of people who follow another religion - why not? Who says only Christians holidays can be observed?

None of them are observed anymore they are called winter break, spring break ect...no Easter or Christmas. When I was in Jr high I played french horn in the Christmas concert and I'm a Jew!!.... the horror of it all!!:wink_2:

the first thing the Muslims help create in the Untied States

was the navy

the navy Jefferson built to kick Muslim ass in the Barbary wars

so important that the second line of the Marine Hymn was dedicated to that ass kicking

a little more change to 'ny' city . --- NYC schools adding 2 Muslim holidays to calendar New York Post --- just some info !!

School holidays are very regionally decided and influenced by the local demographics. In areas where there are a lot of Muslim families, adding those Holidays make sense. I work at a state university. Holidays are set by the state, and counties or insitutions can also set aside some holidays as "Days of Special Concern". Our state only has Good Friday and Christmas as state wide religious holidays. It makes sense, we do not have substantial Muslim, Jewish or other religious communities. But our schools list some of their holidays as "days of special concern" whereby teachers should be sensitive (not punative) to students being absent.

Schools are driven by the needs of their neighborhood. That is not a bad thing. Expanding it to include other faiths is part of what it means to be American. Here is an article on an attempt to include Diwali as a recognized Holiday. It makes sense. It hurts no one.

What about Easter?

I don't really have a problem with it, but geez how many more holidays can the schools afford. Also, what if someone is an atheist and they want their children to have winter solstice? What if someone is a Hindu and wants their holidays recognized, same with every other religious denomination. We cannot please everyone. We cannot twist and contort our system to appease all of these people and their religious beliefs.

Easter is Sunday, so it's a day off anyway. Community demographics should determine local holidays.

We can not insist that only Christian religious days be honored, and if there are sufficient numbers of people who follow another religion - why not? Who says only Christians holidays can be observed?

Well, because the kids need to spend a certain amount of time in school. School is about learning, not holidays! If we let everyone have their holidays observed, that would take away from time in school and learning, which is important to our future as a country. I'm sorry, but I am more concerned about my country and having educated children than appeasing people.

What about Easter?

Well, because the kids need to spend a certain amount of time in school. School is about learning, not holidays! If we let everyone have their holidays observed, that would take away from time in school and learning, which is important to our future as a country. I'm sorry, but I am more concerned about my country and having educated children than appeasing people.

Then cancel all religious holidays :dunno:

Thing is - for the devout, the parents will likely not have the kids in school on those days anyway.

I definitely think we need to be more careful with who we allow to just come into the country. It's very dangerous times. Why should we risk our security for immigrants?

Because we ARE immigrants.

We don't let in criminals. That should be sufficient.

What about Easter?

Thing is - for the devout, the parents will likely not have the kids in school on those days anyway.

I think we have plenty of federally recognized holidays. If immigrant parents want to keep their children out of school for their own special holidays, those should be excused absences for those children.

I definitely think we need to be more careful with who we allow to just come into the country. It's very dangerous times. Why should we risk our security for immigrants?

No, I was born and raised in this country. I am not an immigrant. :)

What about Easter?

None of them are observed anymore they are called winter break, spring break ect...no Easter or Christmas. When I was in Jr high I played french horn in the Christmas concert and I'm a Jew!!.... the horror of it all!!:wink_2:

Ya, they did neuter the holidays. We had Christmas break and Easter break. But interestingly - we do have Good Friday off and it's called just that. :dunno:

What about Easter?

I think we have plenty of federally recognized holidays. If immigrant parents want to keep their children out of school for their own special holidays, those should be excused absences for those children.

Umh....it's not just "immigrant parents". It's Americans who have been here for generations.

In general, I think it's fine to have them as excused absences (we have them as "days of special concern"). But I also see no problem incorporating other religious holidays in areas where there are a lot of people of a particular religion, just as I don't see a problem with having Christmas as a holiday. It's respecting those communities.

No, I was born and raised in this country. I am not an immigrant. :)

Ah...so, because our parents, grandparents and other assorted forbears made it here, in dangerous times, we must slam the door on any one else? Thumb our noses like the French K-nits and say ptthhhhww - you are not wanted here!

No...Americans are immigrants. We are a patchwork of peoples. I think it's our strength. Immigrants are the ones most desperate to make it and succeed and they have, where others are complacent.

yep , no immigrant here , 100 percent native for me , wife and kids .

you sound just like that lefty that did the poem on the 'statue of liberty' Coyote , forget her name .

same here in fact that is how we filled in the census

native american

they came back several times and tried to force us into changing it

--LOL

yeah , emma lazurus , old leftie lady and the poem an add on to the statue . All emotion and nothing else .

Forum List

Back