Our ball-less Commander in Cheif

Maybe you need to review history. We had a working relationship and mutual trust with the Afgan leadership and between the militaries in 2009. Three and a half years later after Obama took over, there is only anger and mistrust. I can't think of one single thing that Obama has done on the foreign policy side that has been right, can you?

Doesn't matter if you were sitting around a camp fire and singing kubaya with every cabinet minister in the Afghan government. They are irrelevent. There are two Afghanistans, just like there is two Pakistans. The Afghanistan of the city dwellers, and then the rest of the country. It is the rest of the country, throughout the centuries, that has been the problem.

Foreign policy generally, or pertaining to Afghanistan? If you are talking Afghanistan it has been fraught with danger, and he has to walk on his tip toes. That would be the same for anybody dealing with the country.

Foreign policy generally? Fantastic. Most of the civilised world has embraced his as a more inclusive president than his predecessor.
Well on that note we can agree that Obama has been a foreign policy disaster, and an economic one as well.

Er, no. I disgree with you on both counts....

So not only is Obama a total failure as president in every aspect imaginable, I've concluded, he's an arrogant asshole as well. One look at his foreign policy tells you everything why he's trying to change the subject to the killing of Bin laden. The Arab Spring much advertised by Obama as the beginnings of freedom and democracy in the middle east, in which he pushed out an ally in Egypt has turned out to be an Islamist Winter. Each of the Arab Spring countries has made a turn for the much worse. And if he hasn't pushed an ally out he's turned his back if not betrayed some of our closest friends. He of course doesn't have the balls to do anything about the genocide in Syria, nor can he face up to ever more belligerent pariah countries like Iran and N Korea which are dragging the world into a nuclear confrontation.

He's taken a winning situation in Afganistan and turned it into failure. In short, the world has been much worse ever since he's taken office. And let's not even talk about the economy. Of course he's going to now take credit for a heroic raid which he HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH OTHER THAN GIVE THE ORDER! Seriously?! He's taking credit for getting a man that killed 3000 Americans, which we've been hunting every corner of the Earth for him last last 11 years, with a bounty of 25 million on his head?! Which aspect of the operation did he take part in? None, other than give the nod. Big decision my ass! Others wouldn't have given the order? Is this how desperate he is now? You gotta be kidding me. I saw the ad and I almost vomitted. What an arrogant cocky asshole. No humility whatsoever.

RATFLMAO!! The fact you think you were ever in a winning position in Afghanistan just shows what drivel this post is.

I couldn't care less if every single Arab country turned into an Islamist theocracy. It's up to them to determine their future, just as it is for the US. ie none of your business...
Maybe you need to review history. We had a working relationship and mutual trust with the Afgan leadership and between the militaries in 2009. Three and a half years later after Obama took over, there is only anger and mistrust. I can't think of one single thing that Obama has done on the foreign policy side that has been right, can you?

:lol::lol:

Who is this guy?

I just saw obama's latest victory speech in which he acknowledges direct peace talks with the taliban if they renounce terrorism and join in the peace process as partners.

In response, the taliban announced a spring offensive.

Taliban announce Afghan ‘spring offensive’ | The Raw Story

The announcement comes hours after Taliban insurgents armed with guns, suicide vests and a bomb-laden car attacked a heavily fortified compound used by Westerners in Kabul, killing seven people and wounding more than a dozen.

The militants claimed the attack in defiance of US President Barack Obama’s call that the war was ending during a visit to Afghanistan on the first anniversary of Osama bin Laden’s death on Wednesday.

obama is more than ball-less. He is brain-less as well.

I just saw obama's latest victory speech in which he acknowledges direct peace talks with the taliban if they renounce terrorism and join in the peace process as partners.

The announcement comes hours after Taliban insurgents armed with guns, suicide vests and a bomb-laden car attacked a heavily fortified compound used by Westerners in Kabul, killing seven people and wounding more than a dozen.

The militants claimed the attack in defiance of US President Barack Obama’s call that the war was ending during a visit to Afghanistan on the first anniversary of Osama bin Laden’s death on Wednesday.

The Taliban feel they are winning, they see us reaching out to them as a sign of weakness so of course they will put the pressure on, its time for the full court press when you feel you got the game in the bag.

President Obama and this administration does not really believe the brotherhood and taliban support and are part of jihad. The President thinks they can turn them from terrorism. It's not going to happen.

President Obama and this administration does not really believe the brotherhood and taliban support and are part of jihad. The President thinks they can turn them from terrorism. It's not going to happen.

The Taliban are not going to change anything, why should they? they feel like they are winning, they will just say whatever we want to hear to get us to leave, how they will respect womens rights, renounce terrorism, respect minorities etc etc and than once US Troops leave they will go back to beheading people in soccer stadiums again.

The Taliban feel they are winning, they see us reaching out to them as a sign of weakness so of course they will put the pressure on, its time for the full court press when you feel you got the game in the bag.

Of course they do! obama just looks completely delusional when he blathers on about the peaceful taliban and they are killing people. Specifically telling us that it's an exhibition of defiance. obama is doing more than reaching out. He's articulating some kind of peace process that doesn't exist. It's a challenge and the taliban will take it up to enhance their position in the muslim world.

The Taliban are not going to change anything, why should they? they feel like they are winning, they will just say whatever we want to hear to get us to leave, how they will respect womens rights, renounce terrorism, respect minorities etc etc and than once US Troops leave they will go back to beheading people in soccer stadiums again.

Exactly, why change when they know the people support how they are currently?

Obama and Co will order some Taliban reps make some nice sounding speeches that no one is listening too, send the video of the speeches to the the major news outlets and the transcripts, and everyone will think everything is a-ok.

Then when the cameras get turned off, Afghanistan will go back to exactly what it was pre-9/11 with basically the same ppl running things. And we'll have spent billions and wasted the lives of so many soldiers to "achieve" this.

Not that I want to defend Obama, but in a way he is correct with the Taliban. They are not a terrorist organization, they are an Islamist group seeking to establish and maintain Shariah. Don't get me wrong, they are more than happy to engage in terrorism, but their purpose is Sharia.

If Obama unconditionally surrenders and withdraws ALL U.S. troops and support from Afghanistan, the Taliban will cease terrorism. For one thing, they'll be too busy with the torture and execution of infidels to have time for terrorism.

No doubt the Taliban view surrender as a real possibility from Obama.

Of course they do! obama just looks completely delusional when he blathers on about the peaceful taliban and they are killing people. Specifically telling us that it's an exhibition of defiance. obama is doing more than reaching out. He's articulating some kind of peace process that doesn't exist. It's a challenge and the taliban will take it up to enhance their position in the muslim world.

I don't think Obama understands the Taliban, the Taliban are what they are, an Islamic fundmanetalist group that supports terrorism, they want Islamic law under the sword, and are willing to die to achieve that. Obama makes it sound like he can get the Taliban to denounce terrorism and accept Afghanistans gains in womens equality, civil rights etc. why do you think the Taliban only wants to negociate with the US and not Karzais government? as soon as we leave the Taliban are going to try and seize Kabul and it will be them fighting the Northern Alliance again just like before we went there.

Exactly, why change when they know the people support how they are currently?

Obama and Co will order some Taliban reps make some nice sounding speeches that no one is listening too, send the video of the speeches to the the major news outlets and the transcripts, and everyone will think everything is a-ok.

Then when the cameras get turned off, Afghanistan will go back to exactly what it was pre-9/11 with basically the same ppl running things. And we'll have spent billions and wasted the lives of so many soldiers to "achieve" this.

What I really don't like about this whole bullshit peace talks with the Taliban is that we are helping them expand their tentacles, we helped the Taliban establish a liason office in Qatar for these peace talks, why the fuck did we do that? now we helped the Taliban establish a presence in a whole different country, why was that even necessary for these bullshit "peace" talks? trying to negociate with these douchebags is one thing but helping them extend their reach is just reckless.

Not that I want to defend Obama, but in a way he is correct with the Taliban. They are not a terrorist organization, they are an Islamist group seeking to establish and maintain Shariah. Don't get me wrong, they are more than happy to engage in terrorism, but their purpose is Sharia.

If Obama unconditionally surrenders and withdraws ALL U.S. troops and support from Afghanistan, the Taliban will cease terrorism. For one thing, they'll be too busy with the torture and execution of infidels to have time for terrorism.

No doubt the Taliban view surrender as a real possibility from Obama.

Well whether the Taliban stop engaging in terrorism is a matter of perspective, they will probably stop using terrorism against Americans for now but they will definently terrorize the fuck out of the Afghani people.

I have said this in reference to Afghanistan in general and it can apply to the Taliban as well. That region of the world has for thousands of years been one known for tribal conflict, much to dismay of the likes of Alexander, the British, the former Soviet Union, the Persians, and now us. It matters not one bit what this President does in terms of looking "tough" when it comes to that region, because if we withdraw today or 30 years from now, the day we do leave, it will be as if we never left. That region of world Afghanistan in general is a "tribal" region where you cannot get people within 20 miles to agree with one another much less a nation. While the Adminstration has engaged in a campagin to eleminate Al-Quida in that region through the use of drone strikes, our policy of "nation building" by this Adminstration and the last one has been and will be an utter failure and DOD was told as much by a whole host of former Military people who emplored these two Administrations to not engage in such a path. While killing UBL was GREAT thing for this nation and the world in my humble opinion and likewise the President and the many many people involved should be given credit for this, so too should ALL the warriors who have been involved in that turd hole part of the world and it's my hope that regardless of what you think of this President or the next one, that we al lgive due to all the young men and women who have fought there and hurry them home as soon as possible those all their gifts can be applied to "building this nation". If I had a complaint for any Adminstration both this one and the last one that would be it. our nation is the one that needs to be built before any other and to engage in a policy you know in the end will yeild no results other than to bring harm to your young warriors is a foolsih endevour especially when you have a better way to solve it.

Last edited:
Well whether the Taliban stop engaging in terrorism is a matter of perspective, they will probably stop using terrorism against Americans for now but they will definently terrorize the fuck out of the Afghani people.

Yet, it's what the Afghan people appear to want.

Not all but a good chunk of them appear to want it, let them have at it.

The Right Wingers and Neo-Cons are just coming to grips with the definition of "Global War on Terrorism". It turns out that we are not engaged in a "Global War on Islam". And we are not engaged in a "Global War on Islamic Governance".

Al Qaeda is dead or at least dying. It's time to focus on America and not the domestic troubles of an unconquerable land like Afghanistan.

Forum List

Back