Open enrollment is only 45 days this year

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
5. Open enrollment is only 45 days this year

Open enrollment for 2018 ACA plans will last for six weeks, from Nov. 1 to Dec. 15, compared to three months under the Obama administration.

"My concern is that people don't get their act together or don't realize the enrollment period is shorter until it's too late," said Megan Foster Friedman, an analyst for the Center for Healthcare Reform and Transformation, an Ann Arbor think tank.

Dizzy Warren, of Enroll Michigan, echoed those concerns, saying a recent survey by the Kaiser Family Foundation found that a majority of Americans were unaware that the ACA open enrollment period has been shortened.

Moreover, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has announced it will take down the healthcare.gov website for 12 hours almost every Sunday for website maintenance.

12 things to know about 2018 Obamacare enrollment in MIchigan

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like DT is not trying to ruin the ACA by halving the time to enroll and not advertising it. The UP and Northern Mi will be hurt the most, ironically its those areas that are 99.9% white and voted for DT.

Too funny!

Most companies only give you 30 days. What’s the problem here?

Most companies only give you 30 days. What’s the problem here?

Quit changing the subject, those on the ACA work, oh and the fine is still in effect.

One might think the new Pres is thinking this is his money, and we all know how he treats employees. Like crap.

Like DT is not trying to ruin the ACA by halving the time to enroll and not advertising it.

Shouldn't responsible adults know these things? Do they need a reminder note, or a personal call?

When the Trumptards Donald surround himself hear about this, they'll talk him into shrinking that down to a 24 hour enrollment period.

And of course, they won't spend a penny to advertise it and will make sure the website is down.

Can't hardly wait to see what my awesome unsubsidized ACA-complient policy is gonna cost me when i talk to my agent next week. :rolleyes:

When the Trumptards Donald surround himself hear about this, they'll talk him into shrinking that down to a 24 hour enrollment period.

And of course, they won't spend a penny to advertise it and will make sure the website is down.

Can't hardly wait to see what my awesome unsubsidized ACA-complient policy is gonna cost me when i talk to my agent next week. :rolleyes:
Awe you might have to pay for something!

Like DT is not trying to ruin the ACA by halving the time to enroll and not advertising it.

Shouldn't responsible adults know these things? Do they need a reminder note, or a personal call?

Yes since last year it was twice as long. DT is trying to kill it.

Of course he is. He made a promise.

All based on a lie that its self imploding, and its not, it has received help since inception from the Pubs.

Yes since the DT admin and pubs are not going to do a thing about the costs of insurance and meds.

Yes since the DT admin and pubs are not going to do a thing about the costs of insurance and meds.
Why should we?

The worst thing that folks do not realize if they get their ins from a large company is the pre existing conditions, those hurt the self employed of which there are many more of them nowadays.

Do not be ignorant, you might be one tomorrow. I remember all too well what HI was like before the ACA.

Yes since last year it was twice as long. DT is trying to kill it.

We only have one choice on ACA here so it shouldn’t take to long to decide. And it’s a insurance company we’ve never heard of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why should we?

Well lets see, you are either on disability, VA benefits, or get employer cost share HI. If you have no issue with the cost of ins and or meds, then you must be very wealthy , and if not then you are lying.

The worst thing that folks do not realize if they get their ins from a large company is the pre existing conditions, those hurt the self employed of which there are many more of them nowadays.

Do not be ignorant, you might be one tomorrow. I remember all too well what HI was like before the ACA.

Indeed, i'm self-employed and prior to the ACA i paid just as much as i did last year for a crap, high deductible policy.

Keep in mind though, asking a Trumptard not to be ignorant is like asking Trump to act presidential.

Gee I don't know, why not call those white folks up north and in the UP.
I have family in the U.P. it's one of the richest areas of Michigan.

Really I have lots of family in the UP and I use to live there and consider it home base, you have the wealthy and the poor and High unemployment.

Forum List

Back