Oops. Looks like Pena Nieto and Trump had two different conversations...

So, for months, and months, Trump has said that Mexico is going to "pay for" his wall. Not only has he said that, but he ridiculed Pena Nieto when he made it clear he wouldn't pay for it. Trump had a chance to let Pena Nieto what he is going to do, and he wussed out.

Worse than wussed out, either Trump lied, Pna Nieto lied, or he, and Pena Nieto were involved in two different conversations.

Trump said, specifically, at the press conference:

"We did discus the wall, we didn't discuss payment of the wall," Trump told reporters at a brief press conference alongside Peña Nieto after their meeting. "That will be for a later date."

Except, Pena Nieto, apparently discussed paying for the wall:

"At the start of my conversation with Donald Trump I made it clear that Mexico will not pay for the wall," Peña Nieto tweeted in Spanish from his official account afterwards. "After that, the conversation moved on to other topics and unfolded in a respectful manner."

So, actually, it turns out Trump didn't lie. They didn't discuss the Wall; The Mexican President told Trump how it's going to be, and Trump sat there, and took it like a bitch.
"At the beginning of the conversation with Donald Trump, I made clear that Mexico will not pay for the wall."
That's what Pena Nieto said. Verbally bitch slapped Trump, and Trump took it like the bitch he is.

How do you know that?
Tell you what? Read the OP, follow the link, then post a thought...

That's exactly what I'm doing. Perhaps you should give it a try. You have a he said, he said situation and you just assume that Trump is the one who is lying because of your bias. That's not what a thinking person does

I have to agree. obama's corrupt department of homeland security is going to oversee the election. The outcome is already known.
yeah...you tell yourself that. You guys lost because of "cheating". It couldn't possibly be because you nominated a sociopathic, rabid baboon that no one wanted anywhere near the White House. So it must have been cheating...

Ya know. This would be funny, if it didn't indicate a disturbing reality. After 4 now, count them 4 Presidential campaigns, you morons have learned fucking nothing. Look. Once? That's shit happens. Twice? Hell, the sun even shines on a dog's ass once in a while. Thrice? That's kinda disturbing. Four. Fucking. Times?!?! That's a fucking pattern, and one would think that you guys might decide that it's time to step back, and suss out what is wrong with you that you keep nominating guys, and running on platforms that lose. One might think you want to sus out what to do to...oh, I dunno...STOP. LOSING!!!!

But, no. You're going to bury your heads up your collective asses, and talk about "cheating"...
Typical libtard rant. You lost you lost you lost! BS America lost. You libtards elected the two most corrupt assholes on the planet and America lost. That makes you all assholes! And, yes, you fucking did cheat. Ask Bernie Sanders!
Yet, in eight years you never managed so much as a single impeachment, let alone charges of corruption against Obama. I get it. It's easier for your ego to point your fingers at everyone else, and insist that your keep losing because everyone else is stupid, and corrupt.

Ya know what? Forget it. You're fucking morons. "Libtard" is just sad. Because the "Libtards" (Liberal Retards) keep winning. So, if you keep getting your political asses kicked by the retards, just what does that say about you...?

LMMFAO
Go ahead, laugh your ass off. If you call winning doubling the national debt, passing a shit stained failing Obamacare, one trillion in shovel ready jobs and no jobs to show for it, record unemployment among blacks, a GDP of 1.2 , major cities across the US in ruins, if you call that winning then I'm laughing my ass off too. Had har hair Dee har har!
Blah, blah, blah. You keep getting your political ass handed to you by "the Retards". They are smarter, and more clever than you. What does that say about you?
No stupid. There are just more of you than me! Me? I am glad I am no libtard. You are stupid enough to be proud of it!

yeah...you tell yourself that. You guys lost because of "cheating". It couldn't possibly be because you nominated a sociopathic, rabid baboon that no one wanted anywhere near the White House. So it must have been cheating...

Ya know. This would be funny, if it didn't indicate a disturbing reality. After 4 now, count them 4 Presidential campaigns, you morons have learned fucking nothing. Look. Once? That's shit happens. Twice? Hell, the sun even shines on a dog's ass once in a while. Thrice? That's kinda disturbing. Four. Fucking. Times?!?! That's a fucking pattern, and one would think that you guys might decide that it's time to step back, and suss out what is wrong with you that you keep nominating guys, and running on platforms that lose. One might think you want to sus out what to do to...oh, I dunno...STOP. LOSING!!!!

But, no. You're going to bury your heads up your collective asses, and talk about "cheating"...
Typical libtard rant. You lost you lost you lost! BS America lost. You libtards elected the two most corrupt assholes on the planet and America lost. That makes you all assholes! And, yes, you fucking did cheat. Ask Bernie Sanders!
Yet, in eight years you never managed so much as a single impeachment, let alone charges of corruption against Obama. I get it. It's easier for your ego to point your fingers at everyone else, and insist that your keep losing because everyone else is stupid, and corrupt.

Ya know what? Forget it. You're fucking morons. "Libtard" is just sad. Because the "Libtards" (Liberal Retards) keep winning. So, if you keep getting your political asses kicked by the retards, just what does that say about you...?

LMMFAO
Go ahead, laugh your ass off. If you call winning doubling the national debt, passing a shit stained failing Obamacare, one trillion in shovel ready jobs and no jobs to show for it, record unemployment among blacks, a GDP of 1.2 , major cities across the US in ruins, if you call that winning then I'm laughing my ass off too. Had har hair Dee har har!
Blah, blah, blah. You keep getting your political ass handed to you by "the Retards". They are smarter, and more clever than you. What does that say about you?
No stupid. There are just more of you than me! Me? I am glad I am no libtard. You are stupid enough to be proud of it!
LOL! Yeah. You keep telling yourself that. "There are too many retards in the world. That's the problem...."

LMMFAO
LOL! Yeah. You keep telling yourself that. "There are too many retards in the world. That's the problem...."
For once in you miserable life you are correct. The libtards outnumber the sane people.

She is as anti American as you are.
Well, get used to her. She'll be your President for, at least, the next four years.

She, like obummer will never be addressed as president by me!
And no shits will be given. She'll still be in the White House, and you will be off sulking over the fact that you're not gonna get your "Great Wall of Trump".
I have to agree. obama's corrupt department of homeland security is going to oversee the election. The outcome is already known.

Is this your way of saying we should be offering free shit to win elections, and if we don't we deserve to lose?

Liberals lives suck so bad they vow to make everyone else's worse. Depression is rampant in this country. Liberals are born with it. Conservatives get it from liberal policy.

So, for months, and months, Trump has said that Mexico is going to "pay for" his wall. Not only has he said that, but he ridiculed Pena Nieto when he made it clear he wouldn't pay for it. Trump had a chance to let Pena Nieto what he is going to do, and he wussed out.

Worse than wussed out, either Trump lied, Pna Nieto lied, or he, and Pena Nieto were involved in two different conversations.

"We did discus the wall, we didn't discuss payment of the wall," Trump told reporters at a brief press conference alongside Peña Nieto after their meeting. "That will be for a later date."

"At the start of my conversation with Donald Trump I made it clear that Mexico will not pay for the wall," Peña Nieto tweeted in Spanish from his official account afterwards. "After that, the conversation moved on to other topics and unfolded in a respectful manner."

So, actually, it turns out Trump didn't lie. They didn't discuss the Wall; The Mexican President told Trump how it's going to be, and Trump sat there, and took it like a bitch.

Looks like Nieto is trying to save face, Mexicans are outraged he even met with him.

Mexico is going to pay one way or the other. All we have to do is put tariffs on all imported Mexican goods if they refuse to pay, driving their businesses bankrupt. Also we can sell them their military and police weapons and equipment with a marked up tax rate. There are plenty of ways to do it.

Why did the Mexican President wait until Trump was gone to comment instead of saying something at the press conference?

Apparently, the subject of the wall DID come up, and the solution is simple...

If the POS running Mexico doesn't want to pay for the wall, just cut off ALL AID PAYMENTS to Mexico until the wall is paid off...
That's a brilliant idea!!!

Oh. Wait... We don't send any aid to Mexico!

What? LOL
Look it up. What nations we send aid to is a matter of public record, and we do not send aid to Mexico.

Well yeah we do and if you think not you're more stupid than I gave you credit for.

The U.S. Government gave a total of $209,432,920 to Mexico

The aid was broken down in the following manner:
Economic
  • Child Survival and Health: $-12,200
  • Department of Defense Security Assistance: $39,854
  • Development Assistance: $17,948,047
  • Economic Support Fund/Security Support Assistance: $40,810,450
  • Global Health and Child Survival: $3,894,197
  • Narcotics Control: $27,565,779
  • Nonproliferation, Anti-Terrorism, Demining and Related: $7,074,531
  • Other Active Grant Programs: $15,381,152
  • Other State Assistance: $2,700,596
  • Other USAID Assistance: $2,764
  • Other USDA Assistance: $372,914
  • Peace Corps: $2,000,836
Military
  • Military Assistance, Total: $91,654,000
4 years ago? Go find how much aid we gave them this year, and get back to us.

This year isn't over yet. They won't release such numbers until all the auditing is done, which can take well over a year.

The most current full listing is 2014.

That is all spin on your part.

As candidate it is not time to start formal negotiations.

And if he HAD started such negotiations, you would be here attacking him to speaking for American before he won.
Sure. That's how that went. That's why he lied about who is going to pay for it not coming up.

Why are you being so dishonest and making such blanket statements based on nothing but your hatred?

Trump is a CANDIDATE. IT would be absurd for him to start negotiations as though he was representing the United States.

He let the moron Nieto grandstand a little for his Mexican voters.

If Trump wins, that is when the negotiations start and when Trump gives his response.

Nieto is not going to like it.

That is all spin on your part.

As candidate it is not time to start formal negotiations.

And if he HAD started such negotiations, you would be here attacking him to speaking for American before he won.
He's not speaking for America .
In reality he's raving nonsense and clowns like you are too mesmerised by the noise to know the difference.

I said he was NOT speaking for America.

Czernobog is the one that seemed to think that Trump was speaking for America and all Americans and should have opened up serious negotiations with the President of Mexico.

Nonsense?

Deporting illegals is not nonsense, it is the law.

Looks like Trump's Mexico visit backfired - now dem Hispexicans hate him on both sides o' the border...
icon11.png

Mexican president blasts Donald Trump’s policies
Fri, Sep 02, 2016 - ‘HUGE THREAT’: Enrique Pena Nieto said the risk posed by the US presidential candidate must be confronted and that he was not prepared to stand by and do nothing
Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto rebuked US Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump as a threat to his country just hours after painting a positive picture of talks the two held on Wednesday to try to defuse tensions over Trump’s anti-Mexican campaign rhetoric. Pena Nieto had on Wednesday afternoon hailed as “open and constructive” the impromptu meeting he held with Trump, who later referred to the Mexican leader as his friend and a “wonderful” president. However, in a late evening television interview, an angry-looking Pena Nieto sought to defend himself against a broad swathe of criticism for his decision to meet with the US real-estate mogul, despite Trump’s repeated verbal attacks on Mexico. “His policy stances could represent a huge threat to Mexico, and I am not prepared to keep my arms crossed and do nothing,” Pena Nieto said. “That risk, that threat, must be confronted. I told him that is not the way to build a mutually beneficial relationship for both nations.”

Trump’s quick acceptance of an invitation sent on Friday last week took Mexico’s government by surprise, and his visit to Mexico City came just hours ahead of a keynote speech on immigration as he sought to close the gap on US Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton. Trump’s accusations that Mexico sends rapists and drug runners to the US, and his threats to build a border wall and tear up trade deals, have angered the government, but his meeting with Pena Nieto on Wednesday gave him a chance to present himself in a more moderate light. He spoke of Mexican-Americans in glowing terms and stressed the areas of common interest between the two countries even as he stuck to his message that he would put up the wall.

p07-160902-302.jpg

Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto, left, and US Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump shake hands at a news conference at the Los Pinos residence in Mexico City​

Pena Nieto earlier this year likened Trump to wartime dictators Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini. However, his government said Trump understood its concerns at the meeting, making Pena Nieto’s tense appearance on television the more surprising. “What we saw was a respectful attitude and discourse from Donald Trump,” Mexican presidential spokesman Eduardo Sanchez said earlier, arguing that progress was made on the issue of trade after prior threats by Trump to tear up the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). “I think there was an advance in general,” Sanchez said. Still, Trump laid out a series of tough policies to tackle illegal immigration when he delivered his speech in Phoenix, Arizona, on Wednesday night.

He told a cheering crowd that Mexico would pay for the wall “100 percent” and that if he wins the election anyone living illegally in the US would be sent back to their home country and made to apply for re-entry. That would include millions of Mexicans. Opposition politicians in Mexico rounded on Pena Nieto for hosting Trump. “Instead of making him apologize, the government allowed [Trump] to complete the humiliation of the Mexicans,” opposition National Action Party leader Ricardo Anaya said on Twitter. Some Mexican officials also privately expressed reservations about the meeting, with one former diplomat saying Pena Nieto had done Trump’s campaign a favor.

MORE

See also:

Hispanic backers sour on Trump after immigration speech
Sep 01 2016 - Some of Donald Trump's Hispanic backers distanced themselves from the Republican nominee on Thursday for standing by a hardline approach to illegal immigration in a key speech after indicating for weeks that he may soften his approach.
Trump tried to clarify confusion about immigration, his signature policy issue, in a speech on Wednesday. He said the only way undocumented foreigners could live in the United States legally if he is elected on Nov. 8 would be to leave the country and apply for re-entry. But the businessman, trailing Democratic rival Hillary Clinton in opinion polls, did back away from earlier promises to deport immediately the 11 million immigrants in the United States illegally and said he would prioritize those with criminal records. While polls show a large majority of Hispanic voters oppose Trump, the withdrawal of support from among his small group of Latino backers underscores how difficult it is for Trump to broaden his support with minorities and moderate voters.

Alfonso Aguilar, who recently organized a support letter on behalf of Trump, said he felt "disappointed and misled" by the fiery speech and withdrew his backing. "For the last two months he said he was not going to deport people without criminal records. He actually said that he was going to treat undocumented immigrants without criminal records in a humane and compassionate way," Aguilar told CNN. He is the president of the Latino Partnership for Conservative Principles group.

Trump used his Wednesday appearance in Phoenix to clarify his stance on illegal immigration. But instead of moderating his message as many expected, Trump returned to the hardline rhetoric that powered him to victory in the Republican presidential nomination race over 16 rivals, heartening conservatives drawn to Trump by the issue.

Some members of a council Trump formed last month to advise him on Hispanic issues expressed reservations about or cut ties to the New York real estate developer's candidacy after the Phoenix speech. Jacob Monty, a Texas attorney and member of the group, said he was withdrawing his support and would not vote in the election. "There was nothing pro-business in that speech," Monty told MSNBC. "We were hoping for some glimmer of the Donald Trump that we met with a week and half ago, but it never came."

"SCAM"

Looks like Trump's Mexico visit backfired - now dem Hispexicans hate him on both sides o' the border...
icon11.png

Mexican president blasts Donald Trump’s policies
Fri, Sep 02, 2016 - ‘HUGE THREAT’: Enrique Pena Nieto said the risk posed by the US presidential candidate must be confronted and that he was not prepared to stand by and do nothing
Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto rebuked US Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump as a threat to his country just hours after painting a positive picture of talks the two held on Wednesday to try to defuse tensions over Trump’s anti-Mexican campaign rhetoric. Pena Nieto had on Wednesday afternoon hailed as “open and constructive” the impromptu meeting he held with Trump, who later referred to the Mexican leader as his friend and a “wonderful” president. However, in a late evening television interview, an angry-looking Pena Nieto sought to defend himself against a broad swathe of criticism for his decision to meet with the US real-estate mogul, despite Trump’s repeated verbal attacks on Mexico. “His policy stances could represent a huge threat to Mexico, and I am not prepared to keep my arms crossed and do nothing,” Pena Nieto said. “That risk, that threat, must be confronted. I told him that is not the way to build a mutually beneficial relationship for both nations.”

Trump’s quick acceptance of an invitation sent on Friday last week took Mexico’s government by surprise, and his visit to Mexico City came just hours ahead of a keynote speech on immigration as he sought to close the gap on US Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton. Trump’s accusations that Mexico sends rapists and drug runners to the US, and his threats to build a border wall and tear up trade deals, have angered the government, but his meeting with Pena Nieto on Wednesday gave him a chance to present himself in a more moderate light. He spoke of Mexican-Americans in glowing terms and stressed the areas of common interest between the two countries even as he stuck to his message that he would put up the wall.

p07-160902-302.jpg

Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto, left, and US Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump shake hands at a news conference at the Los Pinos residence in Mexico City​

Pena Nieto earlier this year likened Trump to wartime dictators Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini. However, his government said Trump understood its concerns at the meeting, making Pena Nieto’s tense appearance on television the more surprising. “What we saw was a respectful attitude and discourse from Donald Trump,” Mexican presidential spokesman Eduardo Sanchez said earlier, arguing that progress was made on the issue of trade after prior threats by Trump to tear up the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). “I think there was an advance in general,” Sanchez said. Still, Trump laid out a series of tough policies to tackle illegal immigration when he delivered his speech in Phoenix, Arizona, on Wednesday night.

He told a cheering crowd that Mexico would pay for the wall “100 percent” and that if he wins the election anyone living illegally in the US would be sent back to their home country and made to apply for re-entry. That would include millions of Mexicans. Opposition politicians in Mexico rounded on Pena Nieto for hosting Trump. “Instead of making him apologize, the government allowed [Trump] to complete the humiliation of the Mexicans,” opposition National Action Party leader Ricardo Anaya said on Twitter. Some Mexican officials also privately expressed reservations about the meeting, with one former diplomat saying Pena Nieto had done Trump’s campaign a favor.

MORE

See also:

Hispanic backers sour on Trump after immigration speech
Sep 01 2016 - Some of Donald Trump's Hispanic backers distanced themselves from the Republican nominee on Thursday for standing by a hardline approach to illegal immigration in a key speech after indicating for weeks that he may soften his approach.
Trump tried to clarify confusion about immigration, his signature policy issue, in a speech on Wednesday. He said the only way undocumented foreigners could live in the United States legally if he is elected on Nov. 8 would be to leave the country and apply for re-entry. But the businessman, trailing Democratic rival Hillary Clinton in opinion polls, did back away from earlier promises to deport immediately the 11 million immigrants in the United States illegally and said he would prioritize those with criminal records. While polls show a large majority of Hispanic voters oppose Trump, the withdrawal of support from among his small group of Latino backers underscores how difficult it is for Trump to broaden his support with minorities and moderate voters.

Alfonso Aguilar, who recently organized a support letter on behalf of Trump, said he felt "disappointed and misled" by the fiery speech and withdrew his backing. "For the last two months he said he was not going to deport people without criminal records. He actually said that he was going to treat undocumented immigrants without criminal records in a humane and compassionate way," Aguilar told CNN. He is the president of the Latino Partnership for Conservative Principles group.

Trump used his Wednesday appearance in Phoenix to clarify his stance on illegal immigration. But instead of moderating his message as many expected, Trump returned to the hardline rhetoric that powered him to victory in the Republican presidential nomination race over 16 rivals, heartening conservatives drawn to Trump by the issue.

Some members of a council Trump formed last month to advise him on Hispanic issues expressed reservations about or cut ties to the New York real estate developer's candidacy after the Phoenix speech. Jacob Monty, a Texas attorney and member of the group, said he was withdrawing his support and would not vote in the election. "There was nothing pro-business in that speech," Monty told MSNBC. "We were hoping for some glimmer of the Donald Trump that we met with a week and half ago, but it never came."

"SCAM"

Those Mexicans and Americans that are in favor of keeping the drugs flowing across the border to the US and the guns flowing into Mexico are all opposed to Trump's wall. That is the bottom line.

Forum List

Back