One Year Ago Today, Dallas Shooter Targeted White Officers

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Funny how this never comes up very much.

Dallas Shooting Suspect Targeted White Officers, Was Killed When Officials Detonated Bomb.

“As this city mourned five police officers killed in a deadly rampage, officials on Friday said the gunman had stockpiled weapons in his home and was targeting white officers as revenge for the past week’s killings of black men by law enforcement. The revelations about the suspect, identified as Micah Xavier Johnson, a 25-year-old Army veteran, emerged as the city came to a standstill with hundreds of mourners gathered in a local square, and as authorities began to unravel the motives behind the deadliest single incident for U.S. law enforcement since the Sept. 11 attacks. Seven additional officers and two bystanders were also wounded in the shootings, which broke out in downtown Thursday night during a protest sparked by the fatal shootings of black men by police in Louisiana and Minnesota.”

Funny how stories that are damaging to progressives like Big Ears, tend to disappear.

Hard to believe it's been just a year. So much has happened since. I.am sure it seems like yesterday to Dallas, though.

Heroes of July 7 get their due in a day full of memorials for ambush victims | Dallas Ambush | Dallas News
The Dallas police honor guard marched into City Hall Plaza Friday night, carrying the U.S. Honor Flag in memory of the five police officers killed in an ambush attack downtown last year.

The somber ceremony, Tribute 7/7, included a march through downtown that ended at the Dallas Police Memorial. More than 200 people attended the event, one of several that honored those who gave their lives -- and saved lives -- on July 7, 2016.

The crowd, holding blue lights, gathered on the lawn in front of the memorial shortly before 8:58 p.m., the time the first shots were fired in the attack last year.

Dallas Shooting Suspect Targeted White Officers, Was Killed When Officials Detonated Bomb.

“As this city mourned five police officers killed in a deadly rampage, officials on Friday said the gunman had stockpiled weapons in his home and was targeting white officers as revenge for the past week’s killings of black men by law enforcement. The revelations about the suspect, identified as Micah Xavier Johnson, a 25-year-old Army veteran, emerged as the city came to a standstill with hundreds of mourners gathered in a local square, and as authorities began to unravel the motives behind the deadliest single incident for U.S. law enforcement since the Sept. 11 attacks. Seven additional officers and two bystanders were also wounded in the shootings, which broke out in downtown Thursday night during a protest sparked by the fatal shootings of black men by police in Louisiana and Minnesota.”
The Obama legacy.

Mentally unstable man able to buy military grade weapons?

Yes, that is bad and all, but I don't see guys like you doing all that much to stop it.

33,000 Americans die every year because of gun violence. But, um, Second Amendment, Founding Fathers, Freedom, something...
How do you know he was unstable when he bought the weapon? You don't, you just try to deflect away like always. I bought one of my AK's almost twenty years ago. Another thing, just because you murder someone does not mean you are unstable or that they are. Just look at yourself and the other unhinged unstable liberals here that have never killed anyone, yet. And for the another part of your lie, a semi auto rifle is NOT a military grade weapon.

People also forget that the PD used a kill bot to blow the guy up.

That never really got much attention.

I read somewhere that the fact they did use a robot to kill the guy really made a lot of people mad. I think they were upset because the robot made it so the killer was not able to kill anymore police. Some article somewhere after it happened. It may even have been posted here, I can't recall. Or maybe facebook.

I read somewhere that the fact they did use a robot to kill the guy really made a lot of people mad. I think they were upset because the robot made it so the killer was not able to kill anymore police. Some article somewhere after it happened. It may even have been posted here, I can't recall. Or maybe facebook.

Well if he was barricaded was he a threat at that time? He can't be a threat to a robot .

What's next ? Drone strikes on getaway cars?

How do you know he was unstable when he bought the weapon? You don't, you just try to deflect away like always. I bought one of my AK's almost twenty years ago. Another thing, just because you murder someone does not mean you are unstable or that they are. Just look at yourself and the other unhinged unstable liberals here that have never killed anyone, yet. And for the another part of your lie, a semi auto rifle is NOT a military grade weapon.

An SKS rifle is a Soviet military rifle It's military grade.

The point is, the guy was mentally unstable based on just what he posted on facebook. And he was still allowed to own a gun.

He bought the ak47 illegally, according to Senator Markey.

“It has also been reported that in 2014, Micah Johnson, the perpetrator of the police shootings in Dallas, Texas, purchased an AK47 through Facebook,” read the letter. “I urge you once again to take immediate measures to prevent illegal firearms sales through Facebook and Instagram.”

Mentally unstable man able to buy military grade weapons?

Yes, that is bad and all, but I don't see guys like you doing all that much to stop it.

33,000 Americans die every year because of gun violence. But, um, Second Amendment, Founding Fathers, Freedom, something...

Last edited:

An SKS rifle is a Soviet military rifle It's military grade.

The point is, the guy was mentally unstable based on just what he posted on facebook. And he was still allowed to own a gun.
That's not what you claim though. You imply he was mentally unstable when he bought the gun and you have no idea if that's true or not.

As far as the SKS, yeah old school junk like that is not FA. Also, you are still trying to deflect and your dishonesty is typical. The killer did not use an SKS.

Now I'm done with your games.

Funny how stories that are damaging to progressives like Big Ears, tend to disappear.

Are there progressives here who endorse shooting police officers?

Seems to me it's more the '2nd amendment solutions' crowd that would endorse that.

They tell us we need firepower to fight off an oppressive government. Well, that's what this guy was doing ! The gun crowd should be applauding him .

Seems to me it's more the '2nd amendment solutions' crowd that would endorse that.

They tell us we need firepower to fight off an oppressive government. Well, that's what this guy was doing ! The gun crowd should be applauding him .
tell us how innocent police officers standing on the street were oppressing him?

tell us how innocent police officers standing on the street were oppressing him?

Well other officers were killing his kind in the street , and getting away with it . What's more gov oppression than that !?

You tell me , since this is a right talking point . What situation would it be ok to raise arms against the government ?

Well other officers were killing his kind in the street , and getting away with it . What's more gov oppression than that !?

You tell me , since this is a right talking point . What situation would it be ok to raise arms against the government ?
Sorry, you are a deceitful hateful little man and are not capable of an honest debate.

Sorry, you are a deceitful hateful little man and are not capable of an honest debate.

We are having a debate . You refuse to answer the question because you realize that "out of my cold dead hands ", means you'd be shooting at law enforcement when it comes down to it .

Forum List

Back