Zone1 One person one account rule

This rule is the first one in the Guidelines. I wonder, how it can be followed on practice. How the mods can control various accounts from one person?
In all the dismal yrs i've been on these cheesy poliboards i've learned one thing

most socks are libturds who were either banned or laughed off the board, but they come back like cool hand luke....lol

Hey, mods, will there be any answer from your bunch? Okay, I will make my question more detailed. I think that the accounts of luiza and banana 777 belong to one poster. Is there any way to confirm or refute that?
It's best (and part of the rules) to ask questions like this by PM. To answer you in regards to Luiza and Banana, you think too much. The only way both could be the same person is if someone could be in two separate countries at once. Before you reply with "VPN," I assure you neither is using that on this forum.

I'm not a mod on this site...
I've worked with Xenforo platforms before though.
Not really sure about this version....but the admin/I could purchase all sorts of tools that can cut through a VPN and tell me if you are facing north or south while you are at your keyboard.
Yes, that precise of a location. (Cell phones make it somewhat a moot point....but not completely)

But these sorts of tools are not cheap and usually very unnecessary to achieve the goals. Gotta remember the object of the exercise from an owner perspective and not member.

Lots of things can be done by you specifically if someone upsets you....like blocking them. This is supposed to be entertainment....
giphy.gif

It's best (and part of the rules) to ask questions like this by PM. To answer you in regards to Luiza and Banana, you think too much. The only way both could be the same person is if someone could be in two separate countries at once. Before you reply with "VPN," I assure you neither is using that on this forum.
Wow, it is some kind of revelation. And one of these countries is really the UK?

All that means is that you are one of them. An alien here in earth preparing to invade and cook us, using forums like this to hide your nefarious menu preparations!

This rule is the first one in the Guidelines. I wonder, how it can be followed on practice. How the mods can control various accounts from one person?
There is a way of tracing these accounts. I suspect there are some here that have two or more accounts but I can't be 100% sure of that.

My avatar is in honor of a tom cat named Blaster that we had as a house pet.

By blocking you mean the ignore button? I haven't used it and don't see any reason to do that. That is not about upsetting, though a couple of posters seem to have left this board because of that troll.

I am 'okay' with all that garbage she/he (it) posts here and even personal insults it uses. I don't call on anyone to ban it, though I think reasons have already been.

My question is a bit wider. This specific rule exists to halt 'impostering', doesn't it? Reasons to be an imposter may wary. In this particular case I can count at least three active accounts being used by Russian trolls posing as Americans.

This site has a location feature, though it can be used by choose. I wonder whether it can be shown and identified automatically by the program.

See, these bots or trolls may be completely disingenuous by the crap they post....but to an owner it's more about whether they are a constructive troll or destructive troll.

A constructive troll gets you to post more, to argue more, and come back to "prove them wrong". And it's often with the dumbest things to argue over....

But collectively some of these things have literally become something in today's society and the gullibility of people gives credence to PT Barnum.

Such things as:
Antivaxxers/antimask
Black/blue dress
Flat Earth
Lizard People
All politics
Russia is innocent

So....the owners of social media platforms like these actually don't mind a constructive troll. The destructive trolls? They run everyone off. Many a site owner has had to fire moderators who begin running off content providing members....and it's more often that a destructive troll is a moderator than a troll itself.

Because ad revenue is all about unique clicks and membership. Trolls count to....and owners pay lip service to getting rid of the bots and trolls but they actually help increase ad revenues.

Which brings us to other social media platforms and their troubles. When Musk bought Twitter he had a come-apart about the volume of trolls and bots that made up a significant portion of the active users. IOW he thought he was buying real people mostly instead of phoney bots and trolls using his site. He wasn't....about half of the real people had been banned due to a political agenda.
Today, in the last days of the new Twitter wannabe platform called Threads I'm sure that most of its membership is bots, spammers, and trolls and that the number of real people is around 20% of membership.

Which brings me back to the original posit I made....do EVERYONE who actually cares(which is not ever the owner) a favor and just block the trolls. Real people can't stand getting ignored. Even when they know they are deserving of being ignored. Trolls exist for attention....especially bad attention because it's easier to get.

And apparently the troll farm of Russia is still working (for the time being)

However, I'm hearing that Ukraine is planning on targeting the troll farm with a few fires and drones. Just to please NATO since they have given them so many weapons. France is ready to do it themselves because of the trouble they have created.

Forum List

Back