Zone1 About Opening Posts ...

AyeCantSeeYou

Platinum Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
May 19, 2013
DMV
The rule has been amended from a minimum of 3 sentences to a minimum of 2 sentences of the thread author's own thoughts/commentary on the thread topic. Hopefully this helps some of you.

All other rules remain the same.

PliskinRulesAnnoyMe.jpg

The rule has been amended from a minimum of 3 sentences to a minimum of 2 sentences of the thread author's own thoughts/commentary on the thread topic. Hopefully this helps some of you.

Cool...

Without wanting to start another thread about A, B, or C, I'm going to ask on this existing thread...

Once upon a time, I started a thread in the CDZ about document declassification. It was locked because it was "a hot political topic".

It was at the time, ironically, right next on the thread list to a discussion about abortion. Currently there are topics in the CDZ about SCOTUS that was started last Tuesday. Much like my thread was started to discuss the finding of declassified documents at Mara-Largo which has since resulted in President Trump's indictment.

So can we get some clarification on what makes a topic "too hot" for the CDZ?

Cool...

Without wanting to start another thread about A, B, or C, I'm going to ask on this existing thread...

Once upon a time, I started a thread in the CDZ about document declassification. It was locked because it was "a hot political topic".

It was at the time, ironically, right next on the thread list to a discussion about abortion. Currently there are topics in the CDZ about SCOTUS that was started last Tuesday. Much like my thread was started to discuss the finding of declassified documents at Mara-Largo which has since resulted in President Trump's indictment.

So can we get some clarification on what makes a topic "too hot" for the CDZ?
I don't know why FCT locked it for that reason. That's something you'd have to PM him about. If it were me, I would have left it open as long as people were discussing the topic.

Just FYI, though, there is a gov't site you can use to search for declassified documents: Research Guides: Finding Government Documents: Declassified Documents.

Just copying and pasting a tweet doesn't count, right?
No, that does not count. The person starting the thread must have at least 2 sentences of their own commentary about the topic.

Maybe there should be a maximum number of copied and pasted tweets per member per thread (somewhere around zero).

Ok. But a couple of times my thread was shut down because one particular Mod deemed my additions to my starting thread as "trolling".

Reason why I avoided adding any comments to my opening thread. Just can't seem to make sense of the rules, sometimes.

Forum List

Back