One Person Dies of Overdose Every 10 minutes

If the people taking drugs don't care about their own lives that's their choice.

Some people value human life.

Yet you don't value the choices of others.

Of course I do. The two things are not mutually exclusive.

So a person chooses to overdose that's his choice and has nothing to do with whether or not you value life or not.

People are free to make stupid choices. If someone makes a stupid choice and dies as a result and YOU say "so what?" That means you don't value human life and are a no-good, low-life SOB.

I respect people enough to respect their choices you don't.

People have been making stupid choices since there have been people and really the human race is doing just fine,

So mind your own fucking business

Some people value human life.

So a person chooses to overdose that's his choice and has nothing to do with whether or not you value life or not.

People are free to make stupid choices. If someone makes a stupid choice and dies as a result and YOU say "so what?" That means you don't value human life and are a no-good, low-life SOB.

People have been making stupid choices since there have been people and really the human race is doing just fine,

You can't claim to respect anyone (especially yourself) if you don't value human life itself.

You can't claim to respect anyone (especially yourself) if you don't value human life itself.

Wrong again.

I respect people last time I checked people were human life.
If a person chooses to do drugs I respect that choice and the absolute right they have to make it.

I have no business telling other people what choices to make. You think you do.

Wrong again.

I respect people ...

Clearly you do not. You can't respect anyone if you don't value human life itself. Don't worry, I know what it is that you are really afraid to admit.

Why do you care what color a person is if they are dying of an overdose? What are you, racist?
No. I"m not. And I don't think you got the point. The article says that 80% of the addicts dying of overdoses are white. It's a statement of fact.

That's because black people cant afford them

Wrong again.

I respect people ...

Clearly you do not. You can't respect anyone if you don't value human life itself. Don't worry, I know what it is that you are really afraid to admit.

I can see you can't understand what I am saying.

I respect individuals and their choices. You don't

most of these 'individuals' get hooked on opiates as teenagers before their brains are fully developed, before they are capable of making adult decisions. Are you also in favor of teen prostitution?

I have seen posts by those who believe white people are in danger. That they should be fighting for their very existence in an increasingly diverse country. I thought about these posts when I read an article in the August 21st issue of People Magazine. Here are some excerpts:

“According to the CDC, drug overdoses now kill more Americans than either guns or car accidents, a staggering 52,000 in 2015. Experts attribute the rising death toll to increased use of prescription painkillers such as Vicodin, Percocet and OxyContin. People become addicted to the drugs while being treated for a medical condition and then seek out more pills – or heroin – on the street when their prescriptions run out. It starts with the misuse and abuse of prescription opioid painkillers.

The death rate from overdoses of heroin and prescription painkillers has more than quadrupled since 1999. The vast majority of those deaths – approximately 80% - have taken place in white communities, in part, because white Americans have better access to healthcare in general and are more likely to be prescribed narcotics by their physicians. We’ve never seen anything like this before. The severity of this addiction epidemic is far greater than the heroin epidemic of the 70s and the crack cocaine epidemic of the 80s and 90s. The number of people dying and addicted today is not comparable.”

The history of opioids in this country is fascinating to read and, I think, clearly lays the blame for this epidemic in the laps of doctors and pharmaceutical companies. But here’s why I’ve posted this in the race relations forum. We are so quick to tell black people to stop killing each other – to behave like civilized people- to stop acting like animals. But do we see these white deaths as somehow different? A person dies of a gunshot wound immediately. The addict dies a slow death, affecting his entire life and the lives of everyone around him. Do we somehow rationalize the killing of these people because it is slowly, systematically done by doctors and pharmaceutical companies and not "thugs" on the street? Do we somehow not want to talk about this because the doctors and pharmaceutical companies are civilized members of society? (you know, nothing like the savages in the inner cities).

What's really threatening the health and welfare of white people?

whats-your-point-Th.jpg

Wrong again.

I respect people ...

Oh, you're very obvious.

most of these 'individuals' get hooked on opiates as teenagers before their brains are fully developed, before they are capable of making adult decisions. Are you also in favor of teen prostitution?

Care to prove that?

I have seen no evidence that most addicts get hooked as teenagers.

Wrong again.

I respect people ...

Oh, you're very obvious.

You're very obtuse

Why do you care what color a person is if they are dying of an overdose? What are you, racist?
No. I"m not. And I don't think you got the point. The article says that 80% of the addicts dying of overdoses are white. It's a statement of fact.
It is sad for anyone to overdose, regardless of race. There are more white people, maybe that is why more whites overdose on prescription drugs.

I have seen posts by those who believe white people are in danger. That they should be fighting for their very existence in an increasingly diverse country. I thought about these posts when I read an article in the August 21st issue of People Magazine. Here are some excerpts:

“According to the CDC, drug overdoses now kill more Americans than either guns or car accidents, a staggering 52,000 in 2015. Experts attribute the rising death toll to increased use of prescription painkillers such as Vicodin, Percocet and OxyContin. People become addicted to the drugs while being treated for a medical condition and then seek out more pills – or heroin – on the street when their prescriptions run out. It starts with the misuse and abuse of prescription opioid painkillers.

The death rate from overdoses of heroin and prescription painkillers has more than quadrupled since 1999. The vast majority of those deaths – approximately 80% - have taken place in white communities, in part, because white Americans have better access to healthcare in general and are more likely to be prescribed narcotics by their physicians. We’ve never seen anything like this before. The severity of this addiction epidemic is far greater than the heroin epidemic of the 70s and the crack cocaine epidemic of the 80s and 90s. The number of people dying and addicted today is not comparable.”

The history of opioids in this country is fascinating to read and, I think, clearly lays the blame for this epidemic in the laps of doctors and pharmaceutical companies. But here’s why I’ve posted this in the race relations forum. We are so quick to tell black people to stop killing each other – to behave like civilized people- to stop acting like animals. But do we see these white deaths as somehow different? A person dies of a gunshot wound immediately. The addict dies a slow death, affecting his entire life and the lives of everyone around him. Do we somehow rationalize the killing of these people because it is slowly, systematically done by doctors and pharmaceutical companies and not "thugs" on the street? Do we somehow not want to talk about this because the doctors and pharmaceutical companies are civilized members of society? (you know, nothing like the savages in the inner cities).

What's really threatening the health and welfare of white people?
Almost all of them started with pot.

It's why the left like pot legal.

It promotes their culture of death.

The article says that 80% of the addicts dying of overdoses are white. It's a statement of fact.

And the total white population is about 77%. Therefore, all this tells us is that heroin is only slightly a preferred drug of choice among whites, so close is probably statistically insignificant. So what? I'm sure there are other drugs that tend to be preferred by other racial groups. Why is is this important?
The population of white kids compared to non-white kids is much lower than 70%.

These are primarily white millennials and teenagers dying.

The article says that 80% of the addicts dying of overdoses are white. It's a statement of fact.

And the total white population is about 77%. Therefore, all this tells us is that heroin is only slightly a preferred drug of choice among whites, so close is probably statistically insignificant. So what? I'm sure there are other drugs that tend to be preferred by other racial groups. Why is is this important?

Not according to the federal government census. It's 77%

Sorry to hear about the people dying from illegal drugs. I'm quite sure if they were not illegal, someone could sue the seller that didn't provide reasonable directions, which led to an overdose.

That can't happen in a black market.

If we're not free to decide what we put into our own damn bodies, we are most certainly not a free people.

That should change.

Not according to the federal government census. It's 77%

Sorry to hear about the people dying from illegal drugs. I'm quite sure if they were not illegal, someone could sue the seller that didn't provide reasonable directions, which led to an overdose.

That can't happen in a black market.

If we're not free to decide what we put into our own damn bodies, we are most certainly not a free people.

That should change.
You didn't read my post.

The younger the demographic, the less white it gets.

America is only majority white because of aging baby boomers.

Forum List

Back