Racial Differences in Perspective

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2013
Breathing rarified air.
I was told this issue had nothing to do with race. However after viewing and listening to the video I see something totally different.

I see a Black woman that believes that dogs in a restaurant are nasty. She decides to leave and a white woman (the dogs owner) gets offended about it and confronts her in front of her daughter. A large nasty verbal argument ensues.

Whites however see/saw something totally different. For more clarity refer to the comments in the link.

They see a Black woman acting ghetto because she doesnt like dogs.

Please view the video and give your opinion as to why whites see it one way and Blacks see it another. I am especially interested in those that are Black that side with what I would term the white POV and whites that would side with what I term the Black POV.

'It's Disgusting!' Livid Woman Screams About Veteran's Service Dog In Delaware Restaurant

I dont see anything racial about it.
I agree with the woman that dogs in eateries are gross. Thats why i wont have an inside dog. However, the dog is warranted. They should have let the woman leave.

I dont see anything racial about it.
I agree with the woman that dogs in eateries are gross. Thats why i wont have an inside dog. However, the dog is warranted. They should have let the woman leave.
what precludes race as a factor in the responses from whites in your opinion? Did you read the comments?

For what its worth here is my analysis of the situation.

Whites perspective:
(totally guessing since I am not white)
They see the words "veteran" and the emotionally charged phrases of "its disgusting!!" "service dog" in the caption and automatically form a bias against the person having the issue. My guess is the word veteran was placed there to raise patriotic feelings. They then see the woman is Black and all the negative connotations that go along with that rush to the forefront of logic. I cant figure any other reason white people could watch this video and not understand who was the initiator of the confrontation.

If the dog was a valid service dog, ok, she overreacted, but how was she to know?

By nature , the negress would be a mamzer. Naturally , the dog would be repulsed. Given a few more IQ points the she boon could master barking like hillarius did.

By nature , the negress would be a mamzer. Naturally , the dog would be repulsed. Given a few more IQ points the she boon could master barking like hillarius did.
Lol that was funny but you are such an asshole

I was told this issue had nothing to do with race. However after viewing and listening to the video I see something totally different.

I see a Black woman that believes that dogs in a restaurant are nasty. She decides to leave and a white woman (the dogs owner) gets offended about it and confronts her in front of her daughter. A large nasty verbal argument ensues.

Whites however see/saw something totally different. For more clarity refer to the comments in the link.

They see a Black woman acting ghetto because she doesnt like dogs.

Please view the video and give your opinion as to why whites see it one way and Blacks see it another. I am especially interested in those that are Black that side with what I would term the white POV and whites that would side with what I term the Black POV.

'It's Disgusting!' Livid Woman Screams About Veteran's Service Dog In Delaware Restaurant

Her reaction is a classic example of the self important superiority complex that is a symptom of being manipulated by the race baiters in politics and media who perpetuate the notion that blacks are a protected class and entitled to special privileges even above that which our society rightfully bestows on combat veterans. The smug bitch is almost certainly an adherent to the same black supremacist afrocentric false history that you, Asclepias; constantly spout off about. In other words:

she was kweenz, gib me dat.

If the dog was a valid service dog, ok, she overreacted, but how was she to know?
Why do you believe she over reacted and lets assume it was a valid service dog?

It APPEARED she yelled too long, but who can judge without knowing what the guy with the dalmation said and did?
In the video it says what the woman she is yelling at did. The Black woman didnt like the fact that the white woman confronted her in front of her child about her decision to leave. The white woman says she confronted her respectfully. I'm trying to figure out how I heard that but white people didnt or either they see it as irrelevant.

You need IQ points, then you MAY be as smart as the dog.

It APPEARED she yelled too long, but who can judge without knowing what the guy with the dalmation said and did?
In the video it says what the woman she is yelling at did. The Black woman didnt like the fact that the white woman confronted her in front of her child about her decision to leave. The white woman says she confronted her respectfully. I'm trying to figure out how I heard that but white people didnt or either they see it as irrelevant.

If she was confronted, then I can see more yelling, I got no sound from this, but I saw no person with an obvious disability. I only see her yelling, then explaining. I see no racial difference between her and other picky individuals. What is the disabilty in question?

Whites perspective:
They see the words "veteran" and the emotionally charged phrases of "its disgusting!!" "service dog" in the caption and automatically form a bias against the person having the issue. My guess is the word veteran was placed there to raise patriotic feelings. They then see the woman is Black and all the negative connotations that go along with that rush to the forefront of logic. I cant figure any other reason white people could watch this video and not understand who was the initiator of the confrontation.
I got the same impression...the article, like most mainstream media, was written in a biased manner to manipulate the readers response. I'm a veteran, and I totally agree with this woman. When I think "service dog", what i expect is a dog trained to perform a task, like a see & eye dog, or a dog that pulls a wheelchair and retrieves dropped items. "Emotional support" dogs are pets. Pets don't go to the grocery store, or the restaurant, or the mall.

Whites perspective:

Ok butterfly----YOUR contention is that the bit was PRESENTED in a slanted manner-----RIGHT-----it started out with some
unintelligible chat between two women-------I wish I could have made it out. -------as it moved on it seemed as if
a short black woman SEEMED to relate the idea that SHE did not want to talk to the white woman at all and felt
imposed upon simply because the white woman wanted to talk to her. She went on to say something that seemed
like "FOR ME" ......"an animal in a restaurant is DISGUSTING"--------she spoke loudly and in an hysterical manner.
As it want on------I got the impression that the white women tried to talk to the black woman as the black
woman was leaving 'in disgust'. The black woman got more and more hysterical------and even used words
that should not be uttered by a mother in the presence of her child. The white woman should have let the black
woman leave without comment-------because the black woman is a NUT. (for the record----I feel very uncomfortable
with a DOG near me---------but when it comes to a service dog-----I swallow hard and keep quiet. People like me
attract dogs-------they LOVE ME------lick me---jump on me------i hold my breath----i do not like dogs to be near my food

Whites perspective:
I got the same impression...the article, like most mainstream media, was written in a biased manner to manipulate the readers response. I'm a veteran, and I totally agree with this woman. When I think "service dog", what i expect is a dog trained to perform a task, like a see & eye dog, or a dog that pulls a wheelchair and retrieves dropped items. "Emotional support" dogs are pets. Pets don't go to the grocery store, or the restaurant, or the mall.

I agree.

If she was confronted, then I can see more yelling, I got no sound from this, but I saw no person with an obvious disability. I only see her yelling, then explaining. I see no racial difference between her and other picky individuals. What is the disabilty in question?

I wondered too, peach------someone suggested it is an EMOTIONAL disability-----??? maybe panic episodes-----
some people are able to deal with that one--------with a dog. ------My mom is afflicted-----since I was three
years old-------I was DA DOG

Whites perspective:

Ok butterfly----YOUR contention is that the bit was PRESENTED in a slanted manner-----RIGHT-----it started out with some
unintelligible chat between two women-------I wish I could have made it out. -------as it moved on it seemed as if
a short black woman SEEMED to relate the idea that SHE did not want to talk to the white woman at all and felt
imposed upon simply because the white woman wanted to talk to her. She went on to say something that seemed
like "FOR ME" ......"an animal in a restaurant is DISGUSTING"--------she spoke loudly and in an hysterical manner.
As it want on------I got the impression that the white women tried to talk to the black woman as the black
woman was leaving 'in disgust'. The black woman got more and more hysterical------and even used words
that should not be uttered by a mother in the presence of her child. The white woman should have let the black
woman leave without comment-------because the black woman is a NUT. (for the record----I feel very uncomfortable
with a DOG near me---------but when it comes to a service dog-----I swallow hard and keep quiet. People like me
attract dogs-------they LOVE ME------lick me---jump on me------i hold my breath----i do not like dogs to be near my food
Thats what "imposed upon" means. She didnt want the white woman talking to her and trying to change her opinion. She got loud because the woman first deflected regarding her husbands military service which had nada to do with the issue and then got more angry because the women continued to attempt to convince her to not have the opinion that the dog was nasty.

Whites perspective:
I have no issue with animals unless they are not trained or have some disease/fleas etc. However, it would have been a little rougher on the people if they insisted on convincing me that my opinion was not correct. Thats what the Black woman was mad about.

New Topics

Forum List

Back