Once Again, Bush and Popular Vote In 2000

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I don't think at this point in time, I should have to 'prove' this, but I will because there is amnesia and spin going on. In a couple of threads this issue is once again making an issue. Oh how some conservatives forget and dems hammer home their spin:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._presidential_election,_2000

http://www.bushwatch.com/gorebush.htm

And just by the factor that the SCOTUS got involved, a pro-dem site acknowledges the facts, but disses the results.

2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,163
    hun, those are electorial votes. not popular votes

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    No. Those are popular votes. Read.

4. Avatar4321

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,163
    Just wanted to add, the popular vote was never fully counted, because honestly it didnt matter. There were more than enough votes uncounted in California alone that could have changed the popular vote count that werent counted just because it wouldnt have changed the California electorial counts.

Just be grateful we have the electorial system. If we didn't Democrats would have been challenging every single state election in 2000 and instead of just having recounts in Florida, we would have had recounts in every state. It would have been alot easier for them to steal the election that way. Heck i still cant believe they so blatantly tried to steal it in Florida.

5. Avatar4321

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,163
    I did. In fact, the second of the articles you quoted specifically disagrees with you.

Which of course is completely irrelevant.

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Ok, I'll agree with that. However, every recount, every one; gave the popular vote to Bush. Anywhere from less than 500-3k votes. Way too close to be sure, but in no way does it say that one should concede that GW lost popular vote to Gore.

7. Avatar4321

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,163
    no we really shouldnt concede it. but you know it doesnt matter, it was 6 years ago and if libs wants it so bad they can have it. we still got the vote that counts.:)

8. BATMAN

BATMAN Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
  9. CrimsonWhite

CrimsonWhite *****istrator Emeritus Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,757
    Why do we have to revisit this again? President Bush has won not one, but two elections. I bet there are Democrats that are so pissed off about this, thay will vote against him in 2008. They'll write it in or something.

10. Rico

Rico Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Looking back over the last five and a half years of history I find it personally frightening that Gore could have been President. Imagine a liberal President Gore reacting to 9/11. No invasion of Afghanistan and hence no removal of the Taliban and it's Al Queda buddies. Certainly, without question, no invasion of Iraq. It would have been a United Nations free for all with nothing much being done. Economic sanctions perhaps against the Taliban but little else. Imagine it. Further attacks domestically and overseas against the United States.

Of course our economy would be at a depression state as Gore halted any industry that might possibly influence his pet "scientific" position on global warming. We would all have been in very bad times. The Horror, the horror!! Doubt old screeching maniacal Al would have been reelected no matter how many times he "counted all the votes".