On What Do You Spend Too Much Money?

Books. I went and got a library card last week, because I figured out I was spending so much on them. And we can't afford that anymore, for sure.

Books, music, clothes, and going out to dine - but I've cut back quite a bit. I'm on a mission to pay off the mortgage in the next few years. It's our only debt - and we'd like to be 100% debt free.

Downloading music. Great collection though-- albeit not good enough to justify. :eusa_whistle:

What service do you use?

I use Microsoft Zune. I purchased a Zune HD (on which I spent too much money) and I subscribed to a Zunepass. This costs $15 per month and allows me to download any song I want in its entirety onto my computer and onto my player. I don't own any of these songs and they will become unplayable if I do not renew my monthly fee. But I can purchase them if I wish, and I get 10 free downloads (to keep) per month.

I like this type of service better than pay-to-own, because after 6 months of listening to a song, I might no long want to own it.

Books
Don't have much room anymore because of all the bookshelf's
Got to take some into the ol used book store, then I have a problem of buying an armful or so when I leave. Never ending circle.

I had been buying classic films on DVD. I can't find them to rent as most modern movies are about comic books. I put "Yankee Doodle Dandy" in today as it's too hot and humid to be outside.

I guess I've got about 500 of the greatest films made in my collection now. Nothing newer than 1997, and nothing older than 1915!

Gadgets. Somehow, I've managed to not by the new iPhone yet. I'm forcing myself to wait until I pass the CPA exam to make it a gift for finishing it. But I buy all kinds of electronic equipment: computer hardware, video game consoles and games, stereo equipment.

Also, food. I need to stop eating out so much, but I'm too lazy to cook.

Gadgets. Somehow, I've managed to not by the new iPhone yet. I'm forcing myself to wait until I pass the CPA exam to make it a gift for finishing it. But I buy all kinds of electronic equipment: computer hardware, video game consoles and games, stereo equipment.

Also, food. I need to stop eating out so much, but I'm too lazy to cook.

I waited until I finished boards to get my new phone too. Good luck.

Books. I have way too many that I'll never read.

Same here. Too many piled and waiting. I need to get back in the habit of finishing the one I am reading before ordering another one. I don't need the guilt trip of wasting money! :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back