On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs

I've always held sheepdogs in the highest regard. Regardless of their breed I have always thought of them as the best and am grateful for their strength and courage and willingness to do the job. Baaa.

0601sheepdog1.jpg

They are sweet dogs. Myself? I prefer the mutt.

yea because what would we do without the military starting wars and murdering in our countries name just so we can get attacked on our soil and hated throughout the world. and who can forget the cops who routinely abuse their power and ruin lives of people just to satisfy their own inadequacies

The military does not "start wars." It is our CIVILIAN government that does that.

I didn't know politicians fire the weapons, drop bombs, and control the drones.

Having lived as long as I have from a low class world with lots of brothers, and having served the country, and having worked up the food chain, I think I know too well the sheepdogs. It is you who are still immature.

Says the fella painting others with a wide brush.

What you have failed to do is address what I said. You ARE projecting.

But, whatever floats your boat.

Oh KAY. So the OP quoting an article that reduces the vast variety of humankind to three types is NOT using a broad brush. Gotcha. :eek:

Apparently you have nothing at all. I guess, in your mind, dividing human-kind into two genders is paiting with a wide brush as well? :eusa_eh:

yea because what would we do without the military starting wars and murdering in our countries name just so we can get attacked on our soil and hated throughout the world. and who can forget the cops who routinely abuse their power and ruin lives of people just to satisfy their own inadequacies

The military does not "start wars." It is our CIVILIAN government that does that.

They declare the war. What are you, 12? Never mind, that was an insult to 12-year-olds.

Oh KAY. So the OP quoting an article that reduces the vast variety of humankind to three types is NOT using a broad brush. Gotcha. :eek:

Apparently you have nothing at all. I guess, in your mind, dividing human-kind into two genders is paiting with a wide brush as well? :eusa_eh:

That was just stupid. Take yourself out back, cut a switch, and beat yourself.

I love the fact he posted this in the military section and not in say general discussion, one could think Gunny was implying something.

Having lived as long as I have from a low class world with lots of brothers, and having served the country, and having worked up the food chain, I think I know too well the sheepdogs. It is you who are still immature.

It's not an article. It's an excerpt from a book.

They declare the war. What are you, 12? Never mind, that was an insult to 12-year-olds.

What power would the politicians have if they didn't have the tools to accomplish their goals?

That was just stupid. Take yourself out back, cut a switch, and beat yourself.

What an awesome display of a lack of intelligence. The village called, they are looking for their idiot.

Insert any number of vapid, pointless, juvenile put-downs here.

That will sum up your contributions thus far.

Those who have a problem with this analogy often forget that Grossman notes that these are not hard and fast classifications.

These characteristics are based upon behaviors, and attitudes, but mostly behaviors.

A person who has been a sheep can easily become a sheep dog, or a wolf.

A person who has been a sheep dog can easily be a sheep, or a wolf.

A person who has been a wolf can easily be a sheep, or a sheep dog.

I have known people, sheep dogs, who bristle at being called a sheep dog. They think of themselves as a wolf, again missing the point.

Stick with what Grossman actually said, and the headaches will go away. ;)

A sheepdog has fallen:
Iraqi insurgent fighter falls to his prey
Ahmed Subhi al-Fahal compared al-Qaida in Iraq to wolves, urging that the terrorist group be crushed since he believed its members would never reject violence. But the wolves got to the Iraqi insurgent fighter first.
Iraqi insurgent fighter falls to his prey

As the boys at Blackfive put it:
"He will be tough to replace, but they must and they must never waver. Sheepdogs do what sheepdogs must, they kill wolves."
BLACKFIVE: Iraqi Counterterror Sheepdog Killed

Who will step up in Iraq?

Forum List

Back