On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs

Shelley: War is the statesman's game, the priest's delight, the lawyer's jest, the hired assassin's trade.

The Tyrants dread, The Dictators fear.
Why can't We just control Every aspect of the Sheeple's life and just be loved????????? LOL!!!! Why must We be Questioned?????? LOL!!!

I had a Border Collie once. I took him to the Navaho Reservation once, He was a Natural with the sheep and goats. Ironic, the sheep dogs lived off of the dung. When the time came to leave, He stayed.

The problem with the metaphor, extended yet again in your post, is that it privileges one type of citizen over another.

LOL. That's not the problem , it's the point.

Why can't We just control Every aspect of the Sheeple's life and just be loved????????? LOL!!!! Why must We be Questioned?????? LOL!!!

I had a Border Collie once. I took him to the Navaho Reservation once, He was a Natural with the sheep and goats. Ironic, the sheep dogs lived off of the dung. When the time came to leave, He stayed.

The problem with the metaphor, extended yet again in your post, is that it privileges one type of citizen over another.

My problem with Grossman's metaphor is that it is overly simplistic.

Gunny, your sheepdog is the product of your over inflated ego...a fictional character that serves as a self righteous excuse for violence...

We are all capable of violence. but few that perpetrate violence are capable of empathy, love and compassion...

It's not a new story...

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears he is a protector.
Plato

Abraham Lincoln said it best: "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Project much? Your assertion is nothing short of ridiculous and obviously, the message went right over your head. Seems to be going around in this thread.

No one needs an excuse for violence to DEFEND. Obviously you have a hard time with differentiating between defenders and perpetrators. Neither the excerpt nor I have in any way condoned perpetrating violence.

Defending oneself and others AGAINST violence does not lead to tyranny ... it leads to breathing. :cuckoo:

Try getting the RIGHT words for your own mouth before presuming to put the wrong words in mine.

My point Gunny...the "sheepdog" that also has empathy, love and compassion is an anomaly...

The world didn't change one iota on 911...America did...

War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today.
John F. Kennedy[/QUOTE

Your point is full of shit. Try again?

My problem with Grossman's metaphor is that it is overly simplistic.

It privileges no one, and there is nothing wrong with simplicity. Especially with what you are calling "simplistic" has zoomed over quite a few heads.:cool:

Shelley: War is the statesman's game, the priest's delight, the lawyer's jest, the hired assassin's trade.

We All stand or fall on merit. Circumstance dictates who has the upper hand. When the shit hits the fan, Those that handle it best are preferred. When You need a Root Canal a Dentist is Preferred. When You are Robbed a Cop is preferred. When your house is on fire a fireman. When your pipes break, a plumber. Why do you place arbitrary worth and value, always measuring? Why not concentrate on Your Own Path? Stop with this " It didn't happen if the Group doesn't acknowledge that it did" mentality, and have some fun. Nothing lets the air out of a doers tires faster than the consensus process. Don't make Me have to come down to Sheep Land down under and have to rescue You from some Cult. If I do You better have good beer.

And so the warrior must strive to confront denial in all aspects of his life, and prepare himself for the day when evil comes. If you are warrior who is legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that the bad man will not come today. No one can be "on" 24/7, for a lifetime. Everyone needs down time. But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself...

"Baa."

I never say "Baa".

Project much? Your assertion is nothing short of ridiculous and obviously, the message went right over your head. Seems to be going around in this thread.

No one needs an excuse for violence to DEFEND. Obviously you have a hard time with differentiating between defenders and perpetrators. Neither the excerpt nor I have in any way condoned perpetrating violence.

Defending oneself and others AGAINST violence does not lead to tyranny ... it leads to breathing. :cuckoo:

Try getting the RIGHT words for your own mouth before presuming to put the wrong words in mine.

My point Gunny...the "sheepdog" that also has empathy, love and compassion is an anomaly...

War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today.
John F. Kennedy[/QUOTE

My point is valid, you have shit for brains... you have the cognitive depth of a gnat...

We All stand or fall on merit. Circumstance dictates who has the upper hand. When the shit hits the fan, Those that handle it best are preferred. When You need a Root Canal a Dentist is Preferred. When You are Robbed a Cop is preferred. When your house is on fire a fireman. When your pipes break, a plumber. Why do you place arbitrary worth and value, always measuring? Why not concentrate on Your Own Path? Stop with this " It didn't happen if the Group doesn't acknowledge that it did" mentality, and have some fun. Nothing lets the air out of a doers tires faster than the consensus process. Don't make Me have to come down to Sheep Land down under and have to rescue You from some Cult. If I do You better have good beer.

We have good beer and we have crap beer, I can provide guidance, as can JW. As for our sheep - they are myriad and diverse.

John F. Kennedy

My point is valid, you have shit for brains... you have the cognitive depth of a gnat...

If your point was that compassionate, empathic sheep dogs are an anomaly, then yes, your point is full of shit.

We have good beer and we have crap beer, I can provide guidance, as can JW. As for our sheep - they are myriad and diverse.

LOL, We'll stick with the beer, leave the sheep to Yukon and the resident Nambla croud.

If your point was that compassionate, empathic sheep dogs are an anomaly, then yes, your point is full of shit.

Maybe you just don't understand the English language...

anomaly
–noun

1. a deviation from the common rule, type, arrangement, or form.

Synonyms:
1, 2. abnormality, exception, peculiarity.

DO they exist, yes...are they very rare, yes...are there any on this thread, NO...

Maybe you just don't understand the English language...

anomaly
–noun

1. a deviation from the common rule, type, arrangement, or form.

Synonyms:
1, 2. abnormality, exception, peculiarity.

DO they exist, yes...are they very rare, yes...are there any on this thread, NO...

Your condescending offer of an unnecessary definition notwithstanding, your point is still full of shit. Offering such a definition to an unsupported opinion doesn't support the opinion.

It is compassion and empathy that separates a sheepdog from a wolf.

You confuse willingness to use violence with desire.

A soldier who LIKES hurting others is an anomaly.

The very fact that, absent any personal knowledge of anyone in this thread, you would state an opinion that would require such knowledge is a firm indicator of just how fukll oif shits your opinions are.

Forum List

Back