On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs

Why does writing, sentiments like that remind me of the Nazi youth corps or the Maoist youth corps or the Japanese youth corps before their attempts to conquer the world because they were warriors and warriors are good and the others sheep. And why does it remind me of HS boys offering each other out, some hoping the other would step down and never offering to fight with someone whose reputation regardless of size was they would fight you no matter what. Or remind me of how immature braggadocio can be and how stupid and how often throughout history, so tragic. Words that like are often used by those who stir up trouble, listen to Bush Jr or Cheney, two draft dodgers, who had they served may have saved a great many tears.

"All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." George Orwell

"We first kill people with our minds, before we kill them with weapons. Whatever the conflict, the enemy is always the destroyer. We're on God's side; they're barbaric. We're good, they're evil. War gives us a feeling of moral clarity that we lack at other times." Sam Keen

I just love the way some people can find a dark lining in a silver cloud. YOU are exactly one of the sheep the excerpt speaks of. Your entire world and life has been brought to you by the blood of others; yet, you have so isolated yourself from the truth, you can't even figure out where it came from.

Perhaps you will never understand the sheepdog, so you project.

Having lived as long as I have from a low class world with lots of brothers, and having served the country, and having worked up the food chain, I think I know too well the sheepdogs. It is you who are still immature.

I'll take immature over the cluelessness to reality you continually display.:lol:

Gunny, too many of those who portray themselves as sheepdogs are simply wolves in sheep clothing...

Gunny, too many of those who portray themselves as sheepdogs are simply wolves in sheep clothing...

Conversely, too many of those who are sheepdogs are portrayed as wolves by blind sheep.

Gunny, your sheepdog is the product of your over inflated ego...a fictional character that serves as a self righteous excuse for violence...

We are all capable of violence. but few that perpetrate violence are capable of empathy, love and compassion...

It's not a new story...

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears he is a protector.
Plato

Abraham Lincoln said it best: "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Conversely, too many of those who are sheepdogs are portrayed as wolves by blind sheep.

Quite a few of the sheep think that it is the sheepdogs who bring the wolves. They are stupid sheep.

Here's a few better George Washington quotes:

"Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism."

"Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness."

Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty.
Thomas Jefferson

Other than giving Wolves a bad name, it is a great article. There are always those that have Protector Instinct in Them, the Predators worst Nightmare.

Gunny, your sheepdog is the product of your over inflated ego...a fictional character that serves as a self righteous excuse for violence...

We are all capable of violence. but few that perpetrate violence are capable of empathy, love and compassion...

It's not a new story...

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears he is a protector.
Plato

Abraham Lincoln said it best: "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Project much? Your assertion is nothing short of ridiculous and obviously, the message went right over your head. Seems to be going around in this thread.

No one needs an excuse for violence to DEFEND. Obviously you have a hard time with differentiating between defenders and perpetrators. Neither the excerpt nor I have in any way condoned perpetrating violence.

Defending oneself and others AGAINST violence does not lead to tyranny ... it leads to breathing. :cuckoo:

Try getting the RIGHT words for your own mouth before presuming to put the wrong words in mine.

Quite a few of the sheep think that it is the sheepdogs who bring the wolves. They are stupid sheep.

"Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness."

Thomas Jefferson

Irrelevant to the OP. Just chicken little posturing.

Thomas Jefferson

It seems that One Virtue absent from Your Utopia is Justice.

Isn't that what every Predator wants? Hesitation, pause, a free hand? Government Sanction?

I love the fact he posted this in the military section and not in say general discussion, one could think Gunny was implying something.

I'm implying nothing. I think the reason is obvious.

because you can only be a sheepdog if you are in the military?
Yeah! I got that part.

Nice. Except "that part" isn't there, is it?

I implied no such thing, and your assumption doesn't make it so.

so therefore you are implying this has to do with the military and only the military.

so therefore you are implying this has to do with the military and only the military.

Incorrect. It does have to do with military, but not solely the military. Just like quite a few other topics on this board that can into various subforums.

You're making a bunch of noise about nothing.

Edit: and when I need you to tell me where to put threads I'll make you a mod.

Forum List

Back