OMG -- Jews Aren't Responsible?

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by PoliticalChic, Mar 30, 2009.

1. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,991
    Does this mean that the Arabs are, maybe a little, just possibly responsible for the plight of the Palestinians?

How would Nonie Darwish know? Just because she lived it?

"This policy of forcing a Palestinian identity on these people for eternity and condemning them to a miserable life in a refugee camp was designed to perpetuate and exacerbate the Palestinian refugee crisis.

So was the Arab policy of overpopulating Gaza. The United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East, whose main political support comes from Arab countries, encourages high birth rates by rewarding families with many children. Yasser Arafat said the Palestinian woman's womb was his best weapon."

An Arab-Made Misery - WSJ.com

2. Kalam

Kalam Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +773
    Who has argued that Israel is completely responsible for the plight of the Palestinians? Portions of blame lie with multiple other countries, some Arab, some non-Arab. However, the article seems like little more than an attempt to justify Israel's poor treatment of Palestinians ("they do it, too!")

Israel created the refugees. Israel herded those refugees into Gaza and the West Bank. Israel continuously encroaches upon territory that isn't rightfully theirs by building and expanding settlements in the West Bank. Israel (and Egypt, to a lesser extent) have placed a crippling blockade on Gaza, devastating its already weak economy and forcing many of its residents into abject poverty. Have most Arab countries done much to help the situation? Hell no, and they should be criticized for that. That doesn't absolve Israel of its guilt, though... IMO, at least.

3. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    The Palestinians are responsible for the plight of the Palestinians.

4. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,991
    Portions? Methinks I smell an apologist.

How can Israel exhibit "poor treatment of Palestinians" if they are citizens of another country? Do they live in Israel?
    Now you know that the countries that created the refugees were those Arab countries that wouldn't allow them in, no, threw them out.
    Blockade? Doesn't Egypt have a border with Gaza?

Abject poverty? Drop by the Paris apartment of the widow Arafat, maybe there is a few billion lying around.

It's easy to read between the lines that you write. Dissemble and obfuscate.
    This will never end as long as there are folks like you around.

5. Kalam

Kalam Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +773
    To me, that smell seems to be coming from your direction.

The Palestinians who live in the West Bank live under Israeli military occupation. Those who live in the Gaza strip live in a nominally autonomous territory which, in reality, has its land and sea borders (excluding those shared with Egypt) and its airspace controlled by Israel. Most of them and/or their antecedents lived in what is now Israel before the state was established and before they either fled their homes or were forced out of them.

That most Arab countries won't grant citizenship to Palestinian refugees does not mean that those countries created those refugees.

Did I not mention that?

The existence of corrupt Palestinian leaders does not absolve Israel of all guilt and responsibility related to the Palestinians' plight.

With all due respect, ma'am, I'm not the one attempting to sweep my favored country's 60-year history of aggressive ethnoreligious discrimination under the rug.

6. DavidS

DavidS Anti-Tea Party Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    What the hell are you blabbering on about? 1923 Palestinian Mandate clearly says: Palestine for Jews. Transjordan for Arabs.

So you wanna tell me why tens of thousands of Arabs immigrated into Palestine illegally during the 1920s, 1930s and 1940s?

Let me ask you this Kalam. Where do you live? Can I come over and move in? You can sleep on the couch. Oh and by the way - I need you to pay the electric bill too. I'll split cable with you as long as you get Playboy.

Oh by the way - whatever happened the BILLIONS OF DOLLARS Arafat received? Why is there one poor person in Gaza or the West Bank with all the billions of dollars they've gotten?

It pays to be a terrorist, doesn't it? It pays to be a victim of the Jewish people. Fire some rockets, some mortars, kill a few people and get Israel pissed off enough to attack you. Then claim you're a victim of Jewish aggression... get billions of dollars to buy more weapons, lob more rockets at Israel and do the same damned thing again. The only reason there are Palestinians to begin with is because it's profitable. You get the sympathy of the world behind you and billions of dollars to boot.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  7. Neser Boha

Neser Boha upgrade your gray matter

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +434
    It is an interesting article, even though nowhere in it does the woman say or even imply that 'Jews aren't responsible'. You took it out of context (because you obviously do not know what the context even is) and ... misunderstood it.

The truth is that other Arab countries haven't been doing as much as they should to help Palestinians, but they have not CAUSED the situation - Israel did.

The truth is that Arafat was corrupted and fucked up big time. Does that absolve Israel of all its crimes?

What the author said about the UN agency - now that just sounds like an unsubstantiated claim.

Yeah, by now, neither side is without fault, however, it is important to know the origins and history of the conflict to be able to even begin properly discussing this problem and you don't seem to have that knowledge.

But, it's an interesting find and I'll look up more stuff by that woman.

8. DavidS

DavidS Anti-Tea Party Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    If defending the Israeli people is a crime, then I say arrest Olmert! Oh wait, he's already pretty much under arrest. Israel hasn't caused anything.

9. Epsilon Delta

Epsilon Delta Jedi Master

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +364
    Dude, why do you keep repeating this stupid lie over and over again? Does anybody believe it? Where the hell did you come across this in the first place?

10. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    What? Didn't you get the fucking memo?

JEWS CAN DO NO WRONG. It's pure antisemitism to believe that carving out a nation will have repercussions from the indegenous ethnicity. And fuck.. WHO WOULDN'T want to be a second class citizen in israel? hell, if ******* on the cotton field had it better than african jungles then OF COURSE segregated arabs will just LOVE being inferior to state based policies meant to prob up JEWS alone. Gosh, It's not as if our American jews would cry bloody fucking murder if they were treated here like they enable israel to threat it's ****** class... no no.. of COURSE not. and, don't forget kiddies.. when criticised, SCREAM SCARLET A AND POINT AT AN ARAB STATE! Clearly, if refugees can die in darfeur then it's nothing but joooo hating antisemitism to focus on the same happening in israel. After all, the only good Arab is a DEAD arab. Clearly, thats not racism unless you happen to be a non-chosen goyim. Then, you are a racist. If you are jewish, however, then it's your zionist duty to find an arab toddler today and shoot it in the fucking face.