Oklahoma Supreme Court Orders Removal Of Ten Commandments Monument From State Capitol

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
OKLAHOMA CITY, June 30 (Reuters) - The Oklahoma Supreme Court ruled on Tuesday that a Ten Commandments monument placed on State Capitol grounds must be removed because the Oklahoma Constitution bans the use of state property for the benefit of a religion.

The 6-foot-tall (1.8-meter) stone monument, paid for with private money and supported by lawmakers in the socially conservative state, was installed in 2012, prompting complaints that it violated the U.S. Constitution's provisions against government establishment of religion, as well as local laws.

In a 7-2 decision, the court said the placement of the monument violated a section in the state's constitution, which says no public money or property can be used either directly or indirectly for the "benefit, or support of any sect, church, denomination, or system of religion."

Lawmakers have argued that the monument was not serving a religious purpose but was meant to mark a historical event.

This opened the door for other groups, including Satanists and the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, to apply for permission to erect their own monuments on Capitol grounds to mark what they say are historical events.

More: Oklahoma Supreme Court Orders Removal Of Ten Commandments Monument From State Capitol

I applaud the Oklahoma Supreme Court for this decision.

Good, maybe people will finally start to comprehend what the separation of church and state truly entails. No more forcing religion onto a secular society, that my friends is unconstitutional.

Good, maybe people will finally start to comprehend what the separation of church and state truly entails. No more forcing religion onto a secular society, that my friends is unconstitutional.

What it entails is keeping the government out of religion, not vice-versa.

Have you actually read the Danbury exchange?

Organized religion is kept out of secular government, as the latter is the former.

Want to keep your tax-exempt status?

No such thing as separation of church and state in constitution. Lie made up by anti American satan worshipers.

If this goes to the Supreme Court, the 10 Commandments might win.
Van Orden v. Rick Perry (2005)

"The question here is whether the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment allows the display of a monument inscribed with the Ten Commandments on the Texas State Capitol grounds. We hold that it does."
VAN ORDEN V. PERRY

Good the 10 have nothing to do with goyim in the first place

The 10 were given to Jews only

1. The Hebrew God never brought the goyim or their ancestors out of Egypt! Ex 20:2 "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery."
  2. The Hebrew God has not given goyim the promised land of Canaan! Ex 20:12 "Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be prolonged in the land which the Lord your God gives you"
  3. Since the Sabbath is a sign between God and fleshly Israel, there is nothing requiring goyim to keep it! (Ex. 31:13,17; Ezek. 20:12, 20)
  4. If it was intended for all mankind, then why specifically say "strangers within your gates". Obviously the Goyim (strangers) were never required at any point in earth history to keep the Sabbath
  5. The goyim even made their own version leaving out the first commandment of the hebrew ten commandment
The Hebrew verses the goyim's version of the ten commandments

http://www.positiveatheism.org/crt/whichcom.pdf

Oklahoma Supreme Court orders Ten Commandments removed - CNNPolitics.com

Last edited:
Oh looky here...

Another C-FAG anti-religion post from guano.

Lets just thank God they don't have a problem with ISIS throwing queers off of rooftops.

Idiots.

Darn I was looking forward to the butthurt the Satanist statue was going to cause

I was looking forward to sitting on his lap and taking a selfie. lol

upload_2015-7-2_20-37-55.jpeg

Forum List

Back