Okay, let's take apart the speech... what did y'all think?

I'd like to hear some opinions... I missed it. The kids wouldn't go to bed without a fight tonight, especially not before 8. Go figure! ;)

I am skeptical that he really does "get it". He has spent 6 years denying that this was a problem at all.

He spoke of laws...

Called it illegal immigration.

"Comprehensive"

At least he states that FIRST we must secure the border. (Had to take a drink... He said Terrorist...)

I don't like the 'worker's permit', if there are already 'too many to deport' we don't need more that aren't in the traditional line. I don't like what I'm hearing about raising the numbers of lower educated immigrants, while lowering the number of more highly educated immigrants.

If they come here legally, the wages will rise, so will the costs of goods, while we are 'stuck' with those that are uneducated. Lose/lose situation.

I don't expect the deportation of all these people, I do expect that the border must be secured and I agree that the National Guard is a ruse, which will be removed as soon as it looks like Congress will pass a bill.

no1tovote4 said:
I am skeptical that he really does "get it". He has spent 6 years denying that this was a problem at all.

He spoke of laws...

Called it illegal immigration.

"Comprehensive"

At least he states that FIRST we must secure the border. (Had to take a drink... He said Terrorist...)

Hinted at English being mandatory but shoulda proposed it as the ONLY official language.

I'm watching it as I type. We DVR'd it while we put the kids to bed...

"targeted enforcement missions?"

Crap he said "comprehensive" I'm going to be blasted by the end of this!

So far it seems that the President has somebody reading our posts. Who do you think it is? Maybe Bully is Karl Rove?...

no1tovote4 said:
Crap he said "comprehensive" I'm going to be blasted by the end of this!

So far it seems that the President has somebody reading our posts. Who do you think it is? Maybe Bully is Karl Rove?...
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

The difference between a recent crosser and somebody who has been here for many years?

The one for many years has been breaking our laws much longer than the recent crosser... Why should we reward them for breaking our laws for a longer time. All this will do is create a black market for paycheck stubs back-dated to two years ago....

no1tovote4 said:
The difference between a recent crosser and somebody who has been here for many years?

The one for many years has been breaking our laws much longer than the recent crosser... Why should we reward them for breaking our laws for a longer time. All this will do is create a black market for paycheck stubs back-dated to two years ago....

Every person who is here and NOT a legal citizen need identification that says so---if they don't--outta here. No more automatic citizenship for babies born here.

dilloduck said:
Every person who is here and NOT a legal citizen need identification that says so---if they don't--outta here. No more automatic citizenship for babies born here.

This would take an Amendment because of Amendment number 14...

no1tovote4 said:
This would take an Amendment because of Amendment number 14...
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to no1tovote4 again.

Forum List

Back