Okay, let's take apart the speech... what did y'all think?

It's called "Flip-Flop". In February of 2005, Dubbyuh's budget cut funding for some 9700 Border Patrol officers. In December of 2005, the National Intelligence Reform Act included the requirement to add 10,000 border patrol agents in the five years beginning with 2006. But guess what...? There was funding in the 2006 budget for only 210 new officers.

Face it, Dubbyuh has never taken homeland security seriously. First he fought tooth and nail to prevent the formation of a Department of Homeland Security, and when it was formed, he appointed a bunch of incompetents to run it. He has failed to force the nuclead and petrochem industry to tighten security at nuclear and chemical plants around the country. And US ports are about as secure as a box of Fruit-Loops.

After decades of turning a blind eye to illegal immigrants the only reason they have become and issue at all is that the Republicans are desperate for a wedge issue...You know, like gay marriage, flag burning, abortions...Things of little real import, but are sure to push the buttons of Dubbyuh's right wing-nut supporters. Any concern for the matter will disappear after the election in November.

The effort though seems to have backfired, with the Deliverance wing of the Republican party demanding illegals be treated as felons, and nearly 11 million people deported back to Mexico. Now, they can't even manage to get everyone out of New Orleans, so just how are they going to get every illegal out of the country? I know..! Instead of sending the National Guard to the border, have them do sweeps of every city in the country, and round up the illegals. And while they're at it, have them round up the malcontents and ship them somewhere they won't be heard from again. Yeah...That's the ticket...Good old tried and true police state tactics, that should rally the Dubbyuh's base!

I are supposed to have my resident card always with me. Silly since they are not allowed to ask for it.

I have to report where I reside. Silly since when I went in there once I found out they (INS) did not update it in their system. What good does it do when they dont have the personell to follow up on it. I was not surprised on of the 9/11 guys got his visa approved post mortem.

The whole INS was systemetically starved of money. Good job by congress to appease the Latinos.

Change the constitution. Switch to the German blood based law. If the parents aint American neither are their babies.

Bush's speack STUNK! He said a lot of NOTHING! Too little... too late.

The man STILL wants to give the illegals AMNESTY.

Call me extreme, but what I wanted to hear was, "I'm going to send 15,000 troops IMMEDIATELY to the border. They'll have FULL LAW ENFORCEMENT CAPACITIES. We're also going to start ROUNDING UP AND DEPORTING illegal aliens. We'll also fine anyone or company $10,000 per illegal they hire, which also will include jail time. There will also be a 50% surcharge on all wire transfers of monies being sent to Mexico. All this will begin taking place first thing Monday morning".

THAT'S what I wanted to hear. But instead, it was all about well, we can't do anything about all the illegals already here, SO LETS JUST GIVE UP AND GIVE THEM WHAT THEY WANT!

What a fucking jerk off. Bush is selling us out to mexico. Fucking traitor. I probably dislike him more than slick willie at this point, and that's BAD!

Pale Rider said:
Bush's speack STUNK! He said a lot of NOTHING! Too little... too late.

The man STILL wants to give the illegals AMNESTY.

Call me extreme, but what I wanted to hear was, "I'm going to send 15,000 troops IMMEDIATELY to the border. They'll have FULL LAW ENFORCEMENT CAPACITIES. We're also going to start ROUNDING UP AND DEPORTING illegal aliens. We'll also fine anyone or company $10,000 per illegal they hire, which also will include jail time. There will also be a 50% surcharge on all wire transfers of monies being sent to Mexico. All this will begin taking place first thing Monday morning".

THAT'S what I wanted to hear. But instead, it was all about well, we can't do anything about all the illegals already here, SO LETS JUST GIVE UP AND GIVE THEM WHAT THEY WANT!

What a fucking jerk off. Bush is selling us out to mexico. Fucking traitor. I probably dislike him more than slick willie at this point, and that's BAD!
50% surcharge on wire transfers to Mexico? You're killing Slutty McHighschooler's spring break!

Here's my take:

1. It's about damn time for the NG to be involved. I'm not so happy about the "supporting role" but the Army's intel and survellance (sp?) assets, plus 6,000 sets of extra eyes, will certainly help.

2. Better technology on the border is good, but I didn't hear anything about building more walls/fences. I hope that I just missed hearing him say that. A physical border ought to be an obvious part of any plan.

3. Bush did allude to the fact that illegals that we catch will be deported. That's a good thing. I also liked how Bush referred several times to learning English and assimilating.

4. The "path to citizenship." First, I'm glad to hear that it wasn't a blanket amnesty program, that only working illegals would be offered the path, and that illegals would be in the back of the line. However, his steps of "meaningful penalty" and "been here a long time" were quite vague. I'm afraid that this part of the program could be very easily watered down.

5. New immigrants' cards. I like the idea all right, but I'm skeptical whether it can work.

6. What was missing: penalties for employers of illegals (which will keep demand for illegals down, thus decreasing illegal immigration), and PR's excellent idea of a surcharge on wire transfers to Mexico. I think a 50% surcharge would either significantly reduce the deficit throug higher receipts, significantly reduce the amount of money leaving the economy, or both.

Bullypulpit said:
Face it, Dubbyuh has never taken homeland security seriously. First he fought tooth and nail to prevent the formation of a Department of Homeland Security, and when it was formed, he appointed a bunch of incompetents to run it.

After decades of turning a blind eye to illegal immigrants the only reason they have become and issue at all is that the Republicans are desperate for a wedge issue...You know, like gay marriage, flag burning, abortions...Things of little real import, but are sure to push the buttons of Dubbyuh's right wing-nut supporters. Any concern for the matter will disappear after the election in November.

Ain't that the truth! Until the Republicans and conservatives get sick of having their strings jerked like a bunch of puppets they will continue with the wedge issue strategy. And as much as conservatives like to whine about the MSM, the us. vs. them mentality on TV and radio plays into these divisions.

As far as Homeland Security is concerned what a joke! We are more vulnerable now than we were before 9/11. We've raised hostility without reducing threats.

Nuc said:
Ain't that the truth! Until the Republicans and conservatives get sick of having their strings jerked like a bunch of puppets they will continue with the wedge issue strategy. And as much as conservatives like to whine about the MSM, the us. vs. them mentality on TV and radio plays into these divisions.

As far as Homeland Security is concerned what a joke! We are more vulnerable now than we were before 9/11. We've raised hostility without reducing threats.

You been hangin' out over at Moveon.org? Man it sure sounds like it. You're getting pretty whacked out.

The ClayTaurus said:
50% surcharge on wire transfers to Mexico? You're killing Slutty McHighschooler's spring break!

Slutty McHighschooler... :happy2: Well... she can go somewhere else. Florida is pretty tropical. Maybe she could try spending her money in AMERICA for a change. Damn slut.

Forum List

Back