OK Women--WTF is the deal with shopping?

Hi. My name is masquerade and I am not a shop-a-holic! I do not do Black Fridays. I prefer to shop on a Monday or Tuesday evening around the dinner time hour when stores are quiet and the shelves are stocked and organized. I am going to do as much of my Christmas shopping online, avoiding stores as best I can.

This is America from the moment you are able to recognize images and attach meaning to them you are inundated with material ads that hypnotize the mind and create the American consumer an odd animal said to have a large brain and high IQ who watches the boob tube hours on end mesmerized over things that make you something you are not now something that will cure you make you happy fill your life clean your house often made in some distant place and often sold at an exuberant price as the promise is great and the need a must until you enter the consumer education system and there among peers imitate each other in possession upon possession and move into the material world of more complex image where clothing no longer serves function but now serves personality class advancement and then even this learning becomes image as school becomes the means to even more consumption image movement in class mobility so that you fit and the other fits and you join the other and consume and then start all over in the creation of the next consumers.

I suppose it would be considered utterly ridiculous to ask you to translate that into something resembling proper English, with just a modicum of proper sentence structure so we can actually read it?

Thanks!

I went out Friday morning at around 7ish and there was nobody out around here. This is a small town, granted but we have a few malls, Target, Walmart, Home Depot, etc.. I thought it would be crazy.

Doesn't look good for retail yet.

I went out Friday morning at around 7ish and there was nobody out around here. This is a small town, granted but we have a few malls, Target, Walmart, Home Depot, etc.. I thought it would be crazy.

Doesn't look good for retail yet.

I'm in a really small town, too, and it was psychotic as hell both Fri and Sat...

Beauty takes work dillo...

'Women will dedicate 90 trips a year to keeping up their appearances - shopping for clothes 30 times, shoes 15 times, accessories 18 times and toiletries 27 times.

A total of 100 hours and 48 minutes is spent hunting for the latest clothing bargains and fashion statements.

A further 40 hours and 30 minutes is spent shopping for footwear, and 29 hours and 31 minutes looking for accessories such as handbags, jewellery and scarves.

Even shopping for more mundane items such as deodorant, shower gel and razors takes women around 17 hours and 33 minutes over one year.'

Read more: Women spend eight years of their life shopping | Mail Online

And that doesn't even include window shopping. :)

I hate shopping for windows :eusa_angel:

:lol::lol:

Me too. I hate shopping,hate the crowds,hate trying on stuff...the whole thing. Yuck.

I only go when forced.

Forum List

Back