OK Women--WTF is the deal with shopping?

dilloduck

Diamond Member
May 8, 2004
Austin, TX
I braved black Friday and came home with batteries for my mouse. It wasn't a big deal. I didn't plan in out in advance nor did I get a big rush while I was making purchases. Why go women go ape shit at the store?
( yes--I know ALL women don't do this but why are there women who live to shop ? )

I have a shopping battery that lasts about 20 minutes. If I can't get my shopping done before my battery runs out, I go home

I don't do Black Friday,too many crazy people roaming free...BUT Cyber Monday is coming up.

What ya want for x-mas Ducky? I know...How about a pocket fisherman?

I braved black Friday and came home with batteries for my mouse. It wasn't a big deal. I didn't plan in out in advance nor did I get a big rush while I was making purchases. Why go women go ape shit at the store?
( yes--I know ALL women don't do this but why are there women who live to shop ? )

The great thing about Walmart's midnight store openings on Thanksgiving Friday: They've added bulls to the run.

Beauty takes work dillo...

'Women will dedicate 90 trips a year to keeping up their appearances - shopping for clothes 30 times, shoes 15 times, accessories 18 times and toiletries 27 times.

A total of 100 hours and 48 minutes is spent hunting for the latest clothing bargains and fashion statements.

A further 40 hours and 30 minutes is spent shopping for footwear, and 29 hours and 31 minutes looking for accessories such as handbags, jewellery and scarves.

Even shopping for more mundane items such as deodorant, shower gel and razors takes women around 17 hours and 33 minutes over one year.'

Read more: Women spend eight years of their life shopping | Mail Online

And that doesn't even include window shopping. :)

Last edited:
I think I am that rare breed (or bread if Swagger prefers) of female.... one that really doesn't like shopping. I tolerate it only when I have to. I do drive my female friends crazy... cuz they want to spend a day shopping and I'm like "Noooooooo". But, my guy friends... they love it cuz I am usually up for doing 'guy stuff'.

I think I am that rare breed (or bread if Swagger prefers) of female.... one that really doesn't like shopping. I tolerate it only when I have to. I do drive my female friends crazy... cuz they want to spend a day shopping and I'm like "Noooooooo". But, my guy friends... they love it cuz I am usually up for doing 'guy stuff'.

Ditto, I so hate shopping. But my guy friends is another story :doubt:

I am very much into taking what I already have and using it to keep from having to shop. But atlas, I sometimes run out of things

People are hunter gatherers.

In the ancient family guess who did most of the hunting and who did most of the gathering.

'Women will dedicate 90 trips a year to keeping up their appearances - shopping for clothes 30 times, shoes 15 times, accessories 18 times and toiletries 27 times.

A total of 100 hours and 48 minutes is spent hunting for the latest clothing bargains and fashion statements.

A further 40 hours and 30 minutes is spent shopping for footwear, and 29 hours and 31 minutes looking for accessories such as handbags, jewellery and scarves.

Even shopping for more mundane items such as deodorant, shower gel and razors takes women around 17 hours and 33 minutes over one year.'

I hate shopping for windows :eusa_angel:

I love it when a girl wants to do a guy's stuff... Just saying.

I'm failing to see a problem here... :confused:

My three favorite things n no particular order are:

Race cars
Target shooting
Shopping.

:D

Edit to add: I don't do Back Friday. There isn't enough money in the world to be saved on anything that I want to warrant suffering through that shit.

I like shopping in the off times, when hardly anyone is in the store to bother my hunt.

I dont like shooping for clothes and crap but I do like the hunt for something I need and trying to find the best item that best fits my needs at the best price.

Im about to go buy a new stove and a lawn mower for my new house. I Know the stores to go to and right now there are few people out there compared to this weekend.

I suppose if I had an endless amount of cash. I may like shopping a little better, I hate wanting something so bad, that I could over extend, so I try not to set myself up for disappointment :(

Having worked five black fridays when I was younger at Kmart, you will never catch me shopping on black friday or even Thanksgiving weekend. If I have to pay $5 more for a toy to keep my sanity, then so be it.
I went to Walmart last tuesday and that was enough chaos for me.

When I do shop, I am in and out. I know what I like, so I don't spend time thinking about if I want it. I also usually know what I want before I go. Now, that I have a three year old, I try to get shopping done as quickly as possible.

Sometimes I hit the front door running, and it's like, go straight through straight where I'm going grab the stuff I need or want, hit the checkers as fast as possible and run to the car.

Sometimes I wander around and look at stuff and pile a whole bunch of completely ridiculous crap in my cart and look at the time and think, wtf? Did I just have a seizure? I lost hours of my life!

There is this one guy I went shopping with recently. I like shopping with him cuz, he also hates shopping, in the traditional sense like me. He is focused on what he needs, and a little of what he wants :cool:

This is America from the moment you are able to recognize images and attach meaning to them you are inundated with material ads that hypnotize the mind and create the American consumer an odd animal said to have a large brain and high IQ who watches the boob tube hours on end mesmerized over things that make you something you are not now something that will cure you make you happy fill your life clean your house often made in some distant place and often sold at an exuberant price as the promise is great and the need a must until you enter the consumer education system and there among peers imitate each other in possession upon possession and move into the material world of more complex image where clothing no longer serves function but now serves personality class advancement and then even this learning becomes image as school becomes the means to even more consumption image movement in class mobility so that you fit and the other fits and you join the other and consume and then start all over in the creation of the next consumers.

Forum List

Back