OK, Dont Hate Me Conservatives, But I (Puke!) Agree With Schumer on the Confirmation Process

The goal isn't to vet. It's to delay as long as possible.

And what does that accomplish for the Democrats to simply delay, delay, delay?

Not that I disagree with you, it is just pointless in the long run.

But that is why the system works; the partisan motivation is being harnessed to serve the interests of the People, and we can have more confidence in the Trump government when it is all over, something I doubt that Senator Schumer had in mind at all, lol.
It is pointless. They don't care. It's to obstruct and cause as much heartburn as possible. I'm all for anything they want to do. Make a real mess. Then in 2018 republicans will pick up another 25 seats. By 2020, democats will be composed of whatever blacks are in California and New York.

Democrats don't believe in vetting, they passed the nuclear option for this exact purpose. And then when they had full control, they rammed the disastrous health care bill down the throats of the American people, without any consolidation with republicans, who kept warning them not to do it. Not to mention a ton of other destructive legislation and lies such as tax increases, and environmental and immigration bills and executive actions.

I wouldn't feel sorry if Trump jams it all up their anti American commie asses. It's pretty obvious he's doing what's best for the American people and undoing Obama's disastrous failed legacy. Payback is a bitch.

No, I agree with you because that is one of the ways I will be able to get a good read on whether Trump is legit or just a continuation of what we have been suffering through.

BTW, Schumer is corrupt as hell and totally compromised because of under the table financial dealings with friends of the Bush Clinton crime family...so he pretty much dances to their tune....nothing he does is in the best interest of Americans.

You had me at shumer is a democrat.....that means he is in fact a corrupt politician.....nothing else needs to be said...

no----he is not a hellcat democrat or a Bernie acid head democrat----he is an honorable democrat like me

democrat politicans in congress are corrupt, racists.......they belong to the party of racism, and they are corrupt.

There ya go OP. I predicted it in post 3.

The Democrats have only Harry Reid to blame for the nuclear option. Our very, very, very conservative Justice candidate will be approved by 51 Senators. Scalia will. Look like he was a left wing radical.
I believe that the SCOTUS appointments were exempted from Reids nuclear option, werent they?

The Democrats have only Harry Reid to blame for the nuclear option. Our very, very, very conservative Justice candidate will be approved by 51 Senators. Scalia will. Look like he was a left wing radical.
I believe that the SCOTUS appointments were exempted from Reids nuclear option, werent they?
Correct, it was exempted, but if the Democrats play hard ass, the Republicans can include the Supreme Court in the nuclear option.

Correct, it was exempted, but if the Democrats play hard ass, the Republicans can include the Supreme Court in the nuclear option.
I dont know if the GOP in Congress has the balls to do such things unless the Democrats break that ground for them first.

BTW, Schumer is corrupt as hell and totally compromised because of under the table financial dealings with friends of the Bush Clinton crime family...so he pretty much dances to their tune....nothing he does is in the best interest of Americans.
This means nothing. The same case could be made for nearly every member of Congress, and almost every Republican member. Just change it to Koch Brothers and Sheldon Adelson.

This means nothing. The same case could be made for nearly every member of Congress, and almost every Republican member. Just change it to Koch Brothers and Sheldon Adelson.
e

I totally agree....they are just different side of the same coin.... but leftards don't ever believe that THEIR side is anything but pure and innocent. They are not and Schumer is as dirty as any of them.

The goal isn't to vet. It's to delay as long as possible.

And what does that accomplish for the Democrats to simply delay, delay, delay?

Not that I disagree with you, it is just pointless in the long run.

But that is why the system works; the partisan motivation is being harnessed to serve the interests of the People, and we can have more confidence in the Trump government when it is all over, something I doubt that Senator Schumer had in mind at all, lol.
It is pointless. They don't care. It's to obstruct and cause as much heartburn as possible. I'm all for anything they want to do. Make a real mess. Then in 2018 republicans will pick up another 25 seats. By 2020, democats will be composed of whatever blacks are in California and New York.

Democrats don't believe in vetting, they passed the nuclear option for this exact purpose. And then when they had full control, they rammed the disastrous health care bill down the throats of the American people, without any consolidation with republicans, who kept warning them not to do it. Not to mention a ton of other destructive legislation and lies such as tax increases, and environmental and immigration bills and executive actions.

I wouldn't feel sorry if Trump jams it all up their anti American commie asses. It's pretty obvious he's doing what's best for the American people and undoing Obama's disastrous failed legacy. Payback is a bitch.

No, I agree with you because that is one of the ways I will be able to get a good read on whether Trump is legit or just a continuation of what we have been suffering through.

You had me at shumer is a democrat.....that means he is in fact a corrupt politician.....nothing else needs to be said...

no----he is not a hellcat democrat or a Bernie acid head democrat----he is an honorable democrat like me

democrat politicans in congress are corrupt, racists.......they belong to the party of racism, and they are corrupt.

There ya go OP. I predicted it in post 3.

You predicted the truth? Democrats are racist and corrupt......Wow....you are a real genius........you have a keen grasp of the obvious, as an old teacher of mine would say....

I believe that the SCOTUS appointments were exempted from Reids nuclear option, werent they
The Genie is out of the bottle. We get to make up the rules as we go. After all, if the Constitution is a living document like the democrats think, then the Senate rules are too. Let's see how that works out for them.

I dont know if the GOP in Congress has the balls to do such things unless the Democrats break that ground for them first
President Trump will have no problem kicking them in the balls to get some action from them. He's not in the job to set around twiddling his thumbs waiting on Congress

Yep....but if they block them...then the democrats need to learn why we have traditions...they started this, and they are going to learn a valuable lesson......we need to end the filibuster for the Supreme Court if the dems play hard ball...

Yep....but if they block them...then the democrats need to learn why we have traditions...they started this, and they are going to learn a valuable lesson......we need to end the filibuster for the Supreme Court if the dems play hard ball...
Just remember that the filibuster will be gone when the Republicans want to use it. This is the last gasp of Republican rule. The demographics are solidly against them. If the energy from the Woman's March can be re-ignited come midterms we may not even have to wait until 2020.

e

I totally agree....they are just different side of the same coin.... but leftards don't ever believe that THEIR side is anything but pure and innocent. They are not and Schumer is as dirty as any of them.

While I agree with you 100% unfortunately the majority of GOP voters are the same way.

I dont know if the GOP in Congress has the balls to do such things unless the Democrats break that ground for them first
President Trump will have no problem kicking them in the balls to get some action from them. He's not in the job to set around twiddling his thumbs waiting on Congress
I dont know AveGuy, but you may being presumptive about there being a target there at all.

Yeah, I hate doing this, but Senator Schumer is right about carefully vetting all of Trumps nominees.

That is his role as the loyal opposition.

And some of Trumps nominees are very wealthy people with little track record in the public eye.

I dont want to put some idiot into office that has some hidden agenda to destroy Social Security or Medicaid, etc.

I know that some of Schumers motivation (probably around 98% of it) is purely partisan, but is OK as the adversarial role of the loyal opposition is supposed to grind the flour finely for all our good.

I understand the desire of Republicans to hurry the Democrats along, but lets not try to make Schumer into some martyr for the cause.

Lets nail him if he does cross the line legitimately in all truth.

But otherwise, vetting these nominees is his JOB.
I agree with the loyal opposition part of your post and vetting not just these people but any nominees of any President that said I have a hard time feeling much sympathy for Schumer or the Democrats as it was them and there then Senate Majority leader Harry Reid who used the nuclear option to change the rules. As I pointed out on this board that rule change would apply to Republican Presidents as well but many on the left were under the false belief they would not be seeing a Republican President any time in the near future they were wrong so now they will have to reap what they sowed.

Just remember that the filibuster will be gone when the Republicans want to use it. This is the last gasp of Republican rule. The demographics are solidly against them. If the energy from the Woman's March can be re-ignited come midterms we may not even have to wait until 2020.
Those bitches never voted republican anyway. Ha ha

Just remember that the filibuster will be gone when the Republicans want to use it. This is the last gasp of Republican rule. The demographics are solidly against them. If the energy from the Woman's March can be re-ignited come midterms we may not even have to wait until 2020
Conservative women who did not March with these N.A.G.S outnumber them 60 to 1

Yeah, I hate doing this, but Senator Schumer is right about carefully vetting all of Trumps nominees.

That is his role as the loyal opposition.

And some of Trumps nominees are very wealthy people with little track record in the public eye.

I dont want to put some idiot into office that has some hidden agenda to destroy Social Security or Medicaid, etc.

I know that some of Schumers motivation (probably around 98% of it) is purely partisan, but is OK as the adversarial role of the loyal opposition is supposed to grind the flour finely for all our good.

I understand the desire of Republicans to hurry the Democrats along, but lets not try to make Schumer into some martyr for the cause.

Lets nail him if he does cross the line legitimately in all truth.

But otherwise, vetting these nominees is his JOB.

The Dems aren't vetting. They're delaying and playing game.

I agree with the loyal opposition part of your post and vetting not just these people but any nominees of any President that said I have a hard time feeling much sympathy for Schumer or the Democrats as it was them and there then Senate Majority leader Harry Reid who used the nuclear option to change the rules. As I pointed out on this board that rule change would apply to Republican Presidents as well but many on the left were under the false belief they would not be seeing a Republican President any time in the near future they were wrong so now they will have to reap what they sowed.
They were believing their own bullshit propaganda that demographics were against the GOP and conservatives. They thought there would never be another Republican president. Hence a poster's tag line that proclaimed "The next republican president hasn't been born yet."

Forum List

Back