Ohio GOP -- These Lying Fucks

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
These lying shits. I elected them to address the burning issues of corruption and financial disaster, and what do they do? Turn the Ohio State Legislature into the home office of Operation Rescue. I'm so fucking mad. If they were gonna do this, it should have been their campaign slogan -- "elect me and I will extinguish abortion rights for Ohio women".

FUCK.

This is such a horrendous case of bait and switch, it should be the basis for a recall drive. Liars. Every fucking one of them -- LIARS.

Ohio Republican lawmakers introduce slew of bills aimed at restricting access to abortions | cleveland.com

I really don't think it should matter where you stand on the issue of abortion. None of you should celebrate a raft of candidates getting elected on a platform they immediately abandon so they can sneak around and do something totally different. I'd be angry if they had run on an anti-abortion platform and gotten elected, yes, but I would not feel BETRAYED.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Not to mention, this means they will NOT be addressing the issues of corruption and financial disaster -- and that Ohio should just resign itself to becoming a Third World country.

FUCKING LIARS.

Unfortunately, that's politics. Swing voters are generally sick of the social crap and wanted to hear about fiscal matters, so that's what they talked about. If it makes you feel better a few of them might actually have even meant it, till they got to Columbus and had their arms twisted by party leadership with favors to return to donors in the Base. That's just how it works. On both sides. :dunno:

These lying shits. I elected them to address the burning issues of corruption and financial disaster, and what do they do? Turn the Ohio State Legislature into the home office of Operation Rescue. I'm so fucking mad. If they were gonna do this, it should have been their campaign slogan -- "elect me and I will extinguish abortion rights for Ohio women".

FUCK.

This is such a horrendous case of bait and switch, it should be the basis for a recall drive. Liars. Every fucking one of them -- LIARS.

Ohio Republican lawmakers introduce slew of bills aimed at restricting access to abortions | cleveland.com

I really don't think it should matter where you stand on the issue of abortion. None of you should celebrate a raft of candidates getting elected on a platform they immediately abandon so they can sneak around and do something totally differently. I'd be angry if they had run on an anti-abortion platform and gotten elected, yes, but I would not feel BETRAYED.

Now you are finding out why the majority of this nation is angry at both parties.

Fiddling while Rome burns. What a bunch of sociopaths.

Rome fell not just due to debasement of the monetary system and other ills, debauchery and a total breakdown of morality was a major factor too.

Sorry to be the one to tell you..

:lol::lol::lol:

Apparently, Mad-o-lyin thinks that her vote was the only one that mattered and when 'she' elected them, they should then do exactly what she wants them to do. How foolish.

Did you actually Vote for Them Madeline???

Yup, the straight ticket. For starters, I am a Republican and I always vote my party's ticket unless someone makes himself obnoxious to me. Beyond that, the state has a ginormous corruption problem and they have been hauling Democrats off to prison around these parts for years. Time for a new broom, and all that.

Yup, the straight ticket. For starters, I am a Republican and I always vote my party's ticket unless someone makes himself obnoxious to me. Beyond that, the state has a ginormous corruption problem and they have been hauling Democrats off to prison around these parts for years. Time for a new broom, and all that.

In that case I see how you might feel betrayed. From the Article, It sounds like they are shooting for both compromise and change. They know they are not going to get all they are shooting for. Regulation pretty much means compromise from both Camps, no?

holy shit maddy
give them more than a month
ok?
how come you give Obama more credit ?

In that case I see how you might feel betrayed. From the Article, It sounds like they are shooting for both compromise and change. They know they are not going to get all they are shooting for. Regulation pretty much means compromise from both Camps, no?

Passing these new anti-abortion laws will use up time and resources they promised would be devoted to jobs, encouraging business, solving the deadly state deficit, etc. Beyond that, it sounds as if Operation Rescue thinks at least some of the laws they pass will be constitutionally viable. That is bad enough -- I am a firm abortion rights' supporter. Other proposed laws are expected to be struck as unconstitutional, and so will achieve nothing at all except wasting time.

All in all, a complete clusterfuck, IMO.

Both parties lie.

Lying is not only what crooks do to enlarge their booty, it's a structural flaw of having to court the majority.

Some history:

Movement Liberalism -- the maintenance of power by promising candy to the lower classes -- was ascendant during the postwar years. They had the "Big Tent Problem" of over-promising in order to keep a staggering variety of groups in one coalition. [FYI: This is how the dominant party wins elections - by holding the largest coalition together. The larger the coalition, the larger the lies needed to keep them all happy]

Starting in the 80s we saw a seismic shift: movement conservatism replaced liberalism as the nation's "Big Tent" (uniting the Southern & heartland poor, northern catholic workers, and even some moderate (or Reagan) Democrats, who were alienated by the 60's social movements).

And like any Big Tent, the right had (still has) "Big Tent" problems: how can they cater to a small segment of wealthy interests but gain support from the majority?

[drum roll].... The Culture Wars and National Security.

They use talk radio and mass media to agitate voters with abortion and terrorism.

Go into the voting booth against gay marriage, but come out with the Iraq War.

Go into the voting booth against against abortion, but get the exportation of middle class jobs.

Go into the voting booth against reckless debt, come out with historic deficits.

Go into the voting booth in support of competition in Health Care and Energy, but get monopolies which enrich the few at the expense of the many.

Vote for giving power to the people, but get the unprecedented concentration of power in the hands of corporations -- who use their power not to provide innovation and jobs, but to consolidate power over big government and big media.

Rush Limbaugh convinces medicare recipients to protest government health care. He keeps people in a fog so they unwittingly support policies which only benefit monopolies and ultra wealthy share holders.

The party that defines itself in opposition to government cried when Reagan spoke of the Evil Empire.

Which is to say: movement conservatism understands "candy for the people". (They created a base of people who hate government on a visceral level, but cry when their government heroes speak)

They drug the serfs with false promises, patriotism, religion, and fear . . . just long enough to loot the country.

America R.I.P.

Last edited:
Both parties lie.

Some history:

Movement Liberalism -- the maintenance of power by promising candy to the lower classes -- was ascendant during the postwar years. They had the "Big Tent Problem" of over-promising in order to keep a staggering variety of groups in one coalition. [FYI: This is how the dominant party wins elections - by holding the largest coalition together. The larger the coalition, the larger the lies needed to keep them all happy]

Starting in the 80s we saw a seismic shift: movement conservatism became the "Big Tent Party" (uniting the Southern & heartland poor, northern catholic workers, and even some moderate (Reagan) Democrats, who were alienated by the 60's social movements).

Big Tent Blues: movement conservatism - because it has so many average Americans and voting coalitions to satisfy -- has to navigate a structural flaw: the party serves corporations & special interests disproportionately, but they need voting support from non-wealthy, non-corporate entities. They need to fill the Big Tent in order to win elections.

So they use the Culture Wars and National Security. The move voters with Abortion and Terrorism.

Vote against gay marriage, get the bankrupting occupation of a middle east mud-hole.

Vote against abortion, get the globalization of middle class jobs.

Vote against debt, get historic deficits.

Vote for competition in Health Care and Energy, get only monopolies which enrich the few at the expense of the many.

Vote for giving power back to the people, get the unprecedented concentration of power in the hands of corporations -- who use their power not to provide innovation and jobs, but to consolidate power over big government and big media.

Rush Limbaugh scares people into the voting booth based on this dizzying montage of fear and promises that never materializes.

But . . . people cry when Reagan speaks of the Evil Empire.

Candy for the people.
:clap2:

holy shit maddy
give them more than a month
ok?
how come you give Obama more credit ?

That is different. According to this thread in the next 2 years the ONLY thing these Congress critters in her State can do is ONE thing. Moron ALERT.

Let them dedicate their time to addressing the problems they promised to solve, RGS. If they get that done, by all means, they are welcome to pass as many useless unconstitutional laws as they like.

Everyone needs a hobby.

Forum List

Back