Ohio attorney general admits to affair

One in a position of power can be determined to be coercing behavior from someone they have power OVER even if that person is an adult and seems to be a willing participant. You would think legal minds would know that.

Yeah once someone knows the facts and has investigated it. Thats for a trier of fact to determine, NOT someone spewing shit on a message board because they want to trash Democrats.

Oh but I DO. What's the point to wasting one's time on a legitimate argument when all you get in return is some deflective bullshit, double standards and denial?

It's a lot easier to just dish the bullshit back.

And certainly it's a positive thing to make such discussions personal instead of just acknowledging that you don't believe the same thing.

Yeah once someone knows the facts and has investigated it. Thats for a trier of fact to determine, NOT someone spewing shit on a message board because they want to trash Democrats.

You mean like your blanket refusal to even consider it? Your claims that on its face it was not an illegal act? That kind of shit?

And certainly it's a positive thing to make such discussions personal instead of just acknowledging that you don't believe the same thing.

Not believing the same thing and denying and/or twisting facts are two different things.

But you took the words right out of my thoughts ... it's such a positve thing to listen to that same denial and spin every day.

You mean like your blanket refusal to even consider it? Your claims that on its face it was not an illegal act? That kind of shit?

Yeah, I tend to believe people did nothing illegal until presented with evidence to the contrary. What happened to all that bullshit about due process and such? Or does that only apply to people whose religion you like?

Yeah, I tend to believe people did nothing illegal until presented with evidence to the contrary. What happened to all that bullshit about due process and such? Or does that only apply to people whose religion you like?

It is the nature of the relationship. A Governor screwing his employees is at the very least unethical as hell and should ring bells to ANY sensible person. If this were a Republican you would be demanding an investigation just on the fact he is her boss.

But since he is a Democrat he gets a pass with you.

Whichever ones matter to the person making the decision. In my case it would depend on whether despite this character flaw they have been a good legislator and/or leader.

My opinion is as long is dies not compromise the integrity of the job, it's not worth spending my tax dollars on.

At the same time, it DOES reflect a character flaw, and in at least some states, adultery is still a violation of the law.

All I said was the standard should be the same. I did not state a specific standard.

It is the nature of the relationship. A Governor screwing his employees is at the very least unethical as hell and should ring bells to ANY sensible person.

Who said it wasn't unethical? I'm just challenging the double standard and foolishness of several individuals.

If this were a Republican you would be demanding an investigation just on the fact he is her boss.

Who said there shouldn't be an investigation? There should.

But since he is a Democrat he gets a pass with you.

Not quite.

I have yet to see a single liberal step up say, "This was wrong for fucking his aide. It was wrong." At least the GOP says the guy is wrong. ie. Foley.

One in a position of power can be determined to be coercing behavior from someone they have power OVER even if that person is an adult and seems to be a willing participant. You would think legal minds would know that.
Exactly. Obviously someone is a posistion of power, usually isnt so stupid as to make the coercion obvious, these days.

A person in a posistion of power can intimidate a subordinate in ways it is immpossible to "prove".

It is virtually impossible to know if it was forced in most circumstances, hence such relations should not be happening at all. If one is that much in desire of another, then one of them should transfer to another posistion so that any appeareances of wrong doing are not possible.

Its that simple, it is the only way to protect , mostly women, from being prey from their superiors, whereas it only takes a "look" to intimidate someone into "forced submission". And we all know that is so true.

You would think legal minds would know that too.

Right...so exactly what I said you said. That you don't care about McCain because it wasn't illegal. :clap2:

No. Try reading it again. The legality or lack of it, only determines if an official should resign their posistion.

Since McCain is running for president, and having an affair is part of showing his character or lack of, then I may or may not care. Before making any judgements, however, I would need to know the details much better. I know of many cases of men "technically" cheating, but fact is, they had a very complicated divorce that was taking years, and they had gotten on with their life and now had girlfriends, sometimes fiancees, just waiting for the divorce papers to be finalized.

Err, yes actually he still retained all the powers of the Governor of New York..

The question is could he EFFECTIVELY retain his powers. Of course, any brain dead idiot knows that until he resigns, he has the "powers" of the governor.

I do believe it was you liberal democrats that accused the republicans of being responsable for some of the events that werent properly responded to by Bill Clinton because he was so distracted from his duties as pres, that he couldnt EFFECTIVELY act as president on all the matters he needed to.

It was OBVIOUS, that spitzer would not have been able to EFFECTIVELY excercise his powers as governor as the charges against him would be so numerous, agreegrious, and they had so much evidence.

:cuckoo:

Spitzer voluntarily resigned. No matter how you want to spin it, he voluntarily resigned.

Yea, so did Nixon. And OJ didnt do it. GET REAL, you lose any credibility if you deny that he only resigned because he knew the alternative was worse and he would have lost his governorship anyways, and in the meantime, he would have been too tied up to EFFECTIVELY excercise his powers. Plus, this way, the amount of media attention is much more limited. Again, GET REAL.we all know the obvious truth. Deny it if you want, it only makes you look stupid, even to your supporters here, who would be muttering under their breath that your statement is lame.

Like I said, it would depend on the circumstances if they ever got my vote again..

I read your post above with this same comment, and I totally concur. I thought it was very even handed of you to retain an open mind about it. Circumstances REALLY are important in such cases.

I read about a lady whose husband was on life support, in a coma and had no chance of recovery. They only didnt pull the plug, or she divorce him for techmical financial considerations to her and the children.
SHe got on with her life and had found a "husband" some years down the line. Technically she was commiting adultery, but nobody looked at it that way. She is still living with the guy, 25 years later. they have children and are doing quite well.

But no, unless it is forced, I can't see much of a difference between having an affair with an employee and having one with a neighbor. And prostitution is illegal, no matter how the particular payment is handled.

The problem with having an affair with an employee, as mentioned elsewhere, is that it is easy to "force" it without any proof or evidence, it was forced.

Nobody said prostitution isnt illegal. But one does need to differentiate between say, a guy who robbed a house to buy his "fix" and a crime mob boss who oversees an organization of criminals.

Obviously if a politician were somehow involved with a druggie who commited a robbery, known to the politician, it is not nearly as agreegious as that same politician being involved with a known crime boss, on a regular basis and not turning him in if he had the opportunity to have him arrested and imprisoned.

All of your responses fail to take into account that SPitzer didnt expose the ring, his LEGAL OBLIGATION as governor, where he is held to a higher standard. He is the HIGHEST lawmaker in the state and is expected to NEVER allow such a huge crime to be going on in his State.
The question now becomes, what other illegal activities does he overlook? New York? Organized crime?? Yeaaaaaaaaa

When they both have the same effect, yes.

No, you don't. HENCE someone who utilises a prostititon ring vs. an individual prostitute is the same thing, even though on the other end they are different.

For the John? No, actually theres not. For the Prostitutes? Possibly. But as you said the pusher isn't the same as the user.

Like them being a Republican? :rofl:

Yes its illegal. Actually they are both illegal in the same amount. There aren't any extra penalties for getting your hooker from the corner or from the internet or from a prostititon ring.

Yes, I have.

Thats nice. Also extremely irrelevant. Spitzer didn't utilize a sex slave ring. Kristen was an American girl from NJ. She wasn't a sex slave.

Apparently you prefer to discuss the method of his exposing the hypocracy of the left, rather than discuss the actual topic, hypocrasy of the left.

Public servants are held to a higher standard and need to avoid any "appearances" of impropriety. It is also held against lawyers, judges, DA's and others in the legal field.

The AG and Governor are the TOP HEADS of the legal system, hence they are held to a higher standard than ANYONE. One needs as much confidence in them as possilbe, and even hints or appearances of wrongdoings destroys that confidence. It affects the general publilc greatly, unlike the guy next door screwing his secretary.

I have yet to see a single liberal step up say, "This was wrong for fucking his aide. It was wrong." At least the GOP says the guy is wrong. ie. Foley.

Err Foley obviously was wrong, this isn't.

As long as it was consensual, I don't care who he sleeps with. Foley was harassing underage boys which is legally not consensual.

It was OBVIOUS, that spitzer would not have been able to EFFECTIVELY excercise his powers as governor as the charges against him would be so numerous, agreegrious, and they had so much evidence.

Oh? And what were these "numerous" charges?

Yea, so did Nixon.

Nixon stayed on until he was told that he would be impeached and removed from office, and he knew that would happen. That was over a year after the original story broke. Spitzer resigned after less than a week after the story broke. Notice the difference?

you lose any credibility if you deny that he only resigned because he knew the alternative was worse and he would have lost his governorship anyways, and in the meantime, he would have been too tied up to EFFECTIVELY excercise his powers.

Maybe he would have been impeached, maybe not. Sex scandals aren't exactly new or unsual in the home state of Rudy Giuliani. At the time that he resigned it was by no means clear that he would have lost the Governorship, nor is it clear now.

All of your responses fail to take into account that SPitzer didnt expose the ring, his LEGAL OBLIGATION as governor,

Really? Please cite the law that provides Spitzer with a LEGAL OBLIGATION to expose the ring.

Forum List

Back