Ohio attorney general admits to affair

Public servants are held to a higher standard and need to avoid any "appearances" of impropriety. It is also held against lawyers, judges, DA's and others in the legal field.

Which is retarded.

The AG and Governor are the TOP HEADS of the legal system, hence they are held to a higher standard than ANYONE. One needs as much confidence in them as possilbe, and even hints or appearances of wrongdoings destroys that confidence. It affects the general publilc greatly, unlike the guy next door screwing his secretary.

Just becase YOU hold them to a higher standard doesn't mean I do. They are people, like everyone else. Holding them to an elevated standard will just make them lie to you, which coincidentally, is what they do.

LuvR, I don't know the details of the case. For all I know, they were having an affair and he got her the job. I see what you're saying, and if someone uses their position of power to force sex then they are about as slimey as can be.

Which is retarded.

Just becase YOU hold them to a higher standard doesn't mean I do. They are people, like everyone else. Holding them to an elevated standard will just make them lie to you, which coincidentally, is what they do.

You have consistantly held that women can be abused and forced to have sex by their employer and you have no problem with that at all. So much for protection and equal rights.

You have consistantly held that women can be abused and forced to have sex by their employer and you have no problem with that at all.

WTF are you smoking? I said nothing of the kind. Rather I said he should be investigated to determine whether he was coercing his employee.

LuvR, I don't know the details of the case. For all I know, they were having an affair and he got her the job. I see what you're saying, and if someone uses their position of power to force sex then they are about as slimey as can be.

Ya know, Everyone is also jumping the gun with their opinions, until we know the official posistion of the office they work in, or the laws applying to that specific situation, we cant make complete judgement.

Some work enviorments require no relations between employees, while others dont.

Err Foley obviously was wrong, this isn't.

As long as it was consensual, I don't care who he sleeps with. Foley was harassing underage boys which is legally not consensual.

So adultery is ok, as long as it is consensual? That dog don't hunt.

Yup. I do not care who people sleep with as long as its consensual.

And again when the President of the United States sleeps with someone that he can have fired, it is hardly a simple case of consent. Same with a Governor sleeping with someone he can have fired, demoted or transfered.

That is why a high school teacher has real problems if they have sex with an 18 year old student.

Your initial and follow on responses have sought to poo poo the idea that the Governor did anything wrong and you only " called for an investigation" after forced to by being reminded his position makes consent problematic.

That would be the whole issue.

Nope.

Cite please.

Considering she isn't saying that, its actually you and RGS vs. the employee and the AG. I can see why you would find that difficult to prove.

Naw, Im claiming impossilbe to prove if she made the claim.

Again, the policies regarding relations with employees in that dept is not spoken of here, and if its againsst policy, then the guy should resign.

And also, I still claim for a person holding that office, any appearances of impropriety must be maintained to maintain the integrity of the office.

Naw, Im claiming impossilbe to prove if she made the claim.

Again, the policies regarding relations with employees in that dept is not spoken of here, and if its againsst policy, then the guy should resign.

And also, I still claim for a person holding that office, any appearances of impropriety must be maintained to maintain the integrity of the office.

Morals, Integrity , honor, those words do not mean much to liberals in general After all every thing depends on what "is" means.

And again when the President of the United States sleeps with someone that he can have fired, it is hardly a simple case of consent. Same with a Governor sleeping with someone he can have fired, demoted or transfered.

Its not simple. However it IS purely a case of consent.

That is why a high school teacher has real problems if they have sex with an 18 year old student.

And what real problems would those be?

Your initial and follow on responses have sought to poo poo the idea that the Governor did anything wrong and you only " called for an investigation" after forced to by being reminded his position makes consent problematic.

That would be the whole issue.

I was responding to calls for a witchhunt from you and other individuals. Someone claimed he raped someone, which is patently false and a lie.

Morals, Integrity , honor, those words do not mean much to liberals in general After all every thing depends on what "is" means.

Sorry, but we are more tolerant than you conservatives. What you do in your bed is your own business, as long as its consensual, not mine.

Oh? Considering that claim would be spread in the media immediatelly if it were made, its pretty clear she hasn't made that claim.

And of course that couldn't have anything to do with her being fired or demoted? We all saw to what lengths the Democrats would go to protect one of their own with Clinton, as a Governor and as President.

And of course that couldn't have anything to do with her being fired or demoted?

At this point? No, I doubt it has much to do with that since the public scrutiny is now on them and her making the claim would pretty much make it impossible for him to fire her without getting pilloried.

We all saw to what lengths the Democrats would go to protect one of their own with Clinton, as a Governor and as President.

Right. :rolleyes:

What is it with you and your Clinton obsession?

At this point? No, I doubt it has much to do with that since the public scrutiny is now on them and her making the claim would pretty much make it impossible for him to fire her without getting pilloried.

Right. :rolleyes:

What is it with you and your Clinton obsession?

He set the bar for your willingness to allow criminal conduct in office. Well rather Democrats in office. If a Republican writes an E-mail he can be forced to resign.

Forum List

Back