Oh snap! Obama disses Rutherford B. Hayes!

Obama was just trying to make Hayes look that much worse as a POTUS to try to ensure that he himself doesn't land on the BOTTOM.

I see that you jump through hoops to validate Obama's support for Super PACs. Like most liberals, you have no principles. Your principles are dictated by the principles of Bush, Norquist, and Scalia.

Really fucking sad.
Principal is the MONEY. Interest is what it EARNS.

And Obama pays back his donors with plenty of interest. More than half of Obama’s 47 biggest fundraisers, those who collected at least $500,000 for his campaign, have been given administration jobs. Nine more have been appointed to presidential boards and committees.
The Influence Industry: Obama gives administration jobs to some big fundraisers - The Washington Post

Nothing speaks like "principle" and democracy like selling our government to your best buddies.
And Obama pays back his donors with plenty of interest.
You got the double entendre!

Ironically, what?

You guys spout "fail" without any parameters or benchmarks to go by.

Just being helpful.

Bush is what conservatives consider a "success".

:lol:

What do you mean by "you guys"?

Did I get the gender wrong?

Should it be "you gals"?

My bad. :eusa_shifty:

No, you got my gender right. Care to answer the question or are you going to keep on deflecting like a sissy?

That's right. Said that Rutherford picked up the telephone and said something like, "That's nice, but who's going to use it?". Obama said that's why he's not on Mount Rushmore.

I am sure FOX is going to be in a tizzy over this.

And Biden? That man threw down some smack on the GOP.

Said they were the party of the priviledged that wanted:

-No Rules.
-No Risks.
-No Accountability

For the "Job Creators".

Oh..it's on!

:D

This Hayes?

gabby.jpg

That's right. Said that Rutherford picked up the telephone and said something like, "That's nice, but who's going to use it?". Obama said that's why he's not on Mount Rushmore.

-No Rules.
-No Risks.
-No Accountability

For the "Job Creators".

Oh..it's on!

odd. for being in such a tizzy, they don't seem to have mentioned it on their website. Could you, perhaps, be full of shit? Quite likely.

I don't know if it was up when you posted, but it is certainly there now as I post: Obama Mangles History, Smears 19th Century President - President Obama - Fox Nation. They used the rather slanted headline, "Obama Mangles History, Smears 19th Century President".

I thought Obama's comment was a bit glib and disrespectful (it was also historically incorrect, apparently) but he's certainly correct that Hayes was not a great president. On Reconstruction, his heart seemed to be in the right place, but following a disputed election he was unable to prevent the civil rights of Southern blacks from being severely curtailed.

I went to Fox News - Breaking News Updates | Latest News Headlines | Photos & News Videos, did a search on Rutherford B. Hayes, and this doesn't show.

In any case, 1 article is a tizzy? Does that standard apply to all media, or just Fox?

odd. for being in such a tizzy, they don't seem to have mentioned it on their website. Could you, perhaps, be full of shit? Quite likely.

I don't know if it was up when you posted, but it is certainly there now as I post: Obama Mangles History, Smears 19th Century President - President Obama - Fox Nation. They used the rather slanted headline, "Obama Mangles History, Smears 19th Century President".

I thought Obama's comment was a bit glib and disrespectful (it was also historically incorrect, apparently) but he's certainly correct that Hayes was not a great president. On Reconstruction, his heart seemed to be in the right place, but following a disputed election he was unable to prevent the civil rights of Southern blacks from being severely curtailed.

I went to Fox News - Breaking News Updates | Latest News Headlines | Photos & News Videos, did a search on Rutherford B. Hayes, and this doesn't show.

In any case, 1 article is a tizzy? Does that standard apply to all media, or just Fox?

Sallow just needed a platform to go off into one of his Bush, Norquist, Scalia tirades and who better to kick off this tirade than Rutherford B. Hayes.

Oh Snap!

Debunked....:lmao:

RutherfordGate: Historian Responds to President Obama

We thought it was a bit unsporting of Obama to attack President Hayes, who is quite unable to respond. So we called up the Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center in Fremont, Ohio, where Nan Card, the curator of manuscripts, was plenty willing to correct Obama's ignorance of White House history. Just as soon as she finished chuckling.

"I've heard that before, and no one ever knows where it came from," Card said of Hayes's alleged phone remark, "but people just keep repeating it and repeating it, so it's out there."

Wait, so Hayes didn't even say the quote that Obama is mocking him for? "No, no," Card confirmed.

In fact, Card noted, Hayes was not only the first president to have a telephone in the White House, but he was also the first to use the typewriter, and he had Thomas Edison come to the White House to demonstrate the phonograph. "So I think he was pretty much cutting edge," Card insisted, "maybe just the opposite of what President Obama had to say there."

Obama fails again and the OP swallows it...:lol:

Oh Snap!

We thought it was a bit unsporting of Obama to attack President Hayes, who is quite unable to respond. So we called up the Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center in Fremont, Ohio, where Nan Card, the curator of manuscripts, was plenty willing to correct Obama's ignorance of White House history. Just as soon as she finished chuckling.

"I've heard that before, and no one ever knows where it came from," Card said of Hayes's alleged phone remark, "but people just keep repeating it and repeating it, so it's out there."

Wait, so Hayes didn't even say the quote that Obama is mocking him for? "No, no," Card confirmed.

In fact, Card noted, Hayes was not only the first president to have a telephone in the White House, but he was also the first to use the typewriter, and he had Thomas Edison come to the White House to demonstrate the phonograph. "So I think he was pretty much cutting edge," Card insisted, "maybe just the opposite of what President Obama had to say there."

Obama fails again and the OP swallows it...:lol:

that's what she said.

Did you people know that Reagan used the same phrase? Where's your faux outrage for your Saint Ronald?

Rutherford B. Hayes Is So Hot Right Now - Politics - The Atlantic Wire

While the Hayes library can't figure out where this rumor got started, Appelbaum notes that it was popularized by President Reagan, who repeated the same anecdote Obama told Thursday in speech for the National Technology Awards in 1985. "In the years that followed, the line was widely cited," Appelbaum tells us, "although rarely attributed. So where did Obama get the line? There's no way to know for certain. But one of the executives in the room back in 1985 was Steve Jobs, and the entire scene is recounted in Walter Isaacson's recent biography. It's a safe bet that someone in the White House read the book."

Morons.

Personally..I loved that comment. Because that's what it all comes down to..whether or not we are going to start embracing and rolling out new technology. It's easier not to, but in the long run..it becomes more expensive. Because eventually..that's what needs to be done.

Obama's on the right track with this..and I hope he keeps it up.

Ruthie would kick barrys skinny ass. Ruthie was a bad ass, wounded five times in one battle.

I dont care about this thread except this comment. Why does getting fucked up make you a badass?

Last edited:

-No Rules.
-No Risks.
-No Accountability

For the "Job Creators".

Oh..it's on!

Hayes was a total disaster as president, but he was infinitely smarter than Obama. He was also the first president to install a telephone in the White House. He loved the things.

Oh Snap!

Flashback:

President Obama's new presidential rug seemed beyond reproach, with quotations from Abraham Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt, Franklin Roosevelt, John F. Kennedy and the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. woven along its curved edge.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice." According media reports, this quote keeping Obama company on his wheat-colored carpet is from King.

Except it's not a King quote.

Jamie Stiehm - Oval Office rug gets history wrong​

Maybe the-most-intellectual-president-evah should consider refraining from the quotations.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back